Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    That's what I assumed
    Crazy thing is, French officially visted Arkansas this weekend and decommitted 1 day later. That ain't good for coach Morris

vCash
    Not totally a surprise, but Tamarion McDonald (OLB from Memphis) announced his decommitment. I know we get a decent player from there every now and then, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we just stayed clear of Memphis. That place is a mess.

Anyways, I would assume Jayland Parker now becomes a target, but other than him, who else is on our OLB board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Not totally a surprise, but Tamarion McDonald (OLB from Memphis) announced his decommitment. I know we get a decent player from there every now and then, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we just stayed clear of Memphis. That place is a mess.

Anyways, I would assume Jayland Parker now becomes a target, but other than him, who else is on our OLB board?
    If gay leaves, next year could be brutal at lb

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash

Rodney Groce.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Thompson & Wheat would be a very solid duo but the depth would be very questionable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Rodney Groce.
    Thought he was ILB?

vCash
    Thought he was ILB?
    He is. They'll still look for an OLB too. Jayland Parker still on the board too.

vCash
    He is. They'll still look for an OLB too. Jayland Parker still on the board too.
    Do you believe Groce is an SEC player? I've seen some concerns on his speed

vCash
    Do you believe Groce is an SEC player? I've seen some concerns on his speed
    I still question it. I have watched his Sr film & he is a step quicker because he lost 10-15lbs from end of spring to the season.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8126229...7a460f2486b262

vCash
    Hope Gay returns.

I'd go get 2 LB's.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 10-22-2019 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    Groce seems like he has a good motor but he's essentially playing DE in the clips I saw and there was nothing that showed off pursuit speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I can't see Gay leaving
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I can't see Gay leaving
    60-40.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    60-40.
    I can't believe that.

With such little game tape, he ain't going in the top 4 rounds. No chance. He'd be the flyer someone took in the 5th-7th.

He'd be leaving a ridiculous amount of money on the table by leaving a year early.

I'd 80/20 he's back & it may be closer to 90

vCash
    I can't believe that.

With such little game tape, he ain't going in the top 4 rounds. No chance. He'd be the flyer someone took in the 5th-7th.

He'd be leaving a ridiculous amount of money on the table by leaving a year early.

I'd 80/20 he's back & it may be closer to 90
    Ok that's fine. Remember these names, b. Brown, bear wilson, Josh Robinson..... he may come back. But you are just spouting out a guess wo any info other than it would be a mistake. (Which that part I agree with.) I said 60-40. So obviously that's a slight lean to return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Ok that's fine. Remember these names, b. Brown, bear wilson, Josh Robinson..... he may come back. But you are just spouting out a guess wo any info other than it would be a mistake. (Which that part I agree with.) I said 60-40. So obviously that's a slight lean to return.
    All those guys had stats though.

NFL, MLB, & the NBA heavily utilize analytical models in their drafts. Those analytical models weight measurables, size, speed, shuttle drill, etc & they also weight position & advanced stats in their model that takes everything into account & shoots out a rough draft order from which scouts will make minor adjustments too.

All that being said, the players you mentioned all had stats & thus there was very little they could do to boost their draft stock by coming back, even though they should have.

In Gay's case, he lacks stats. He simply hasn't played enough at MSU to tally enough production to make the draft model like him near as much as they would if he came back & had a solid year next year

The absolute only reason Gay should/would leave this year is if he hates school so much that he can't take another year or his family financial situation is so bad that they would be homeless if he came back next year

vCash
    All those guys had stats though.

NFL, MLB, & the NBA heavily utilize analytical models in their drafts. Those analytical models weight measurables, size, speed, shuttle drill, etc & they also weight position & advanced stats in their model that takes everything into account & shoots out a rough draft order from which scouts will make minor adjustments too.

All that being said, the players you mentioned all had stats & thus there was very little they could do to boost their draft stock by coming back, even though they should have.

In Gay's case, he lacks stats. He simply hasn't played enough at MSU to tally enough production to make the draft model like him near as much as they would if he came back & had a solid year next year

The absolute only reason Gay should/would leave this year is if he hates school so much that he can't take another year or his family financial situation is so bad that they would be homeless if he came back next year
    My concern isn't Gay - its Thompson. He has the stats. Another season at MSU isn't going to improve his draft stock. He is an inside 3-4 LB and those guys don't get drafted high to begin with unless they freak athletes like Roquon or Bush last year. I don't see his draft stock improving so if he wants to go to the NFL, I think he leaves, leaving a massive hole in the middle of our defense.

As for Gay - if he thinks he could blow up a combine and sneak into round 3 - that's a lot of money. Its not likely, but that will be his thinking. Either way - we need to recruit the hell out of the LB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My concern isn't Gay - its Thompson. He has the stats. Another season at MSU isn't going to improve his draft stock. He is an inside 3-4 LB and those guys don't get drafted high to begin with unless they freak athletes like Roquon or Bush last year. I don't see his draft stock improving so if he wants to go to the NFL, I think he leaves, leaving a massive hole in the middle of our defense.

As for Gay - if he thinks he could blow up a combine and sneak into round 3 - that's a lot of money. Its not likely, but that will be his thinking. Either way - we need to recruit the hell out of the LB position.
    Thompson can improve his draft stock by coming back and getting into better shape.

As far as Gay- let’s be honest we’ve all seen his decision making in action. That’s cause for concern as far as him going pro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

It's pretty well known that Errol will be back. It would be more than a shock if he declared.

Willie situation is a little tricky. He needs to come back but he doesn't really want to come back. If he declared he would end up a mid round pick because he's going to kill the combine. My hope is he realizes that another full year he could be a 1st Rd pick but it's a coin flip.

vCash
    It's pretty well known that Errol will be back. It would be more than a shock if he declared.

Willie situation is a little tricky. He needs to come back but he doesn't really want to come back. If he declared he would end up a mid round pick because he's going to kill the combine. My hope is he realizes that another full year he could be a 1st Rd pick but it's a coin flip.
    That's great news on Errol. It doesn't make a ton of sense for him personally, but it makes a ton of sense for us. Its possible Errol may not be an NFL prospect, but I don't see how another year makes him more draftable.

As for Gay - I agree, if he came back he could have a monster season, especially with Errol coming back.