Page 1 of 148 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash

THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

Talk all things recruiting... here.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-21-2019 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    And one more. Reserved.

vCash
    nm
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-21-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I dont keep up with recruiting like most here do and I had never heard of Will Rogers. Looking at his film, he is certainly a pro style passer. Very nice touch on deep balls. And decently strong arm on intermediate routes. Looked like he only ran mostly near goal line. Doesn't look real fast, but fast enough to pick up first downs when needed. I do like his quick release....not a big wind up like Tyler Russell had. That will be important when you only have 2-3 seconds against a BAMA rush. He will require good OL protection, IMO, as he doesn't look like scrambler able to avoid vicious defensive rushes. Looks like a good pickup to me. What does everyone else know about him that have seen him play a lot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    I dont keep up with recruiting like most here do and I had never heard of Will Rogers. Looking at his film, he is certainly a pro style passer. Very nice touch on deep balls. And decently strong arm on intermediate routes. Looked like he only ran mostly near goal line. Doesn't look real fast, but fast enough to pick up first downs when needed. I do like his quick release....not a big wind up like Tyler Russell had. That will be important when you only have 2-3 seconds against a BAMA rush. He will require good OL protection, IMO, as he doesn't look like scrambler able to avoid vicious defensive rushes. Looks like a good pickup to me. What does everyone else know about him that have seen him play a lot?
    My thought on Rogers is to wait and see what happens if/when OM offers him. It's also still probably a 2 QB class regardless of if he sticks or not

vCash
    I believe Montra Edwards is at the school where Coach34 now coaches. Is that correct?

Is E. Jai Mason the wideout that was at Jackson Academy? Maybe he transferred to Clinton?

vCash
    E Jai Mason is a 4 star according to 24/7.

On the QB front, we are going to go hard at Ashford. I've seen him play a bunch of times and he's got dual sport potential. I've called pitches against that kid and even though he's a raw baseball player he's got a ton of talent.

Kid is a good QB that needs polishing, but he's a dang good athlete. We've got one really big thing working for us with him. Auburn and Alabama have their QBs of the future that will be there for the next 4 years. Ashford probably isn't going to go in state because of that, so we have a decent chance to make some in roads with him.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 02-07-2019 at 08:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I believe Montra Edwards is at the school where Coach34 now coaches. Is that correct?

Is E. Jai Mason the wideout that was at Jackson Academy? Maybe he transferred to Clinton?
    Correct on both.

vCash
    So we've already got 4 WRs committed and likely will add another in Malik Heath.

vCash
    Paul has said to look out for QB Malik Hornsby in the past. A&M CB's from last summer. We're 3rd for Robby Ashford

Paul has said repeatedly that we're signing 2 QB's this year - I don't get the logic behind that. 1 per year makes a lot more sense in today's world...

Ty Keyes is a 2021 QB top target. He'll be 6-3 200 by senior year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    So we've already got 4 WRs committed and likely will add another in Malik Heath.
    But none of them are true X WR. Heath could be that guy. Patterson may not make it to campus.

vCash
    Griffin is a home town guy. I'll watch him a lot this year. He can fly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    E Jai Mason is a 4 star according to 24/7.

On the QB front, we are going to go hard at Ashford. I've seen him play a bunch of times and he's got dual sport potential. I've called pitches against that kid and even though he's a raw baseball player he's got a ton of talent.

Kid is a good QB that needs polishing, but he's a dang good athlete. We've got one really big thing working for us with him. Auburn and Alabama have their QBs of the future that will be there for the next 4 years. Ashford probably isn't going to go in state because of that, so we have a decent chance to make some in roads with him.
    Ashford is likely AU bound.

vCash
    Can we please just take Chris Tyree off of the list? If we follow the pattern from last year, we'll chase him all the way to the end and lose a 4* that wanted to be here in the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Ashford is likely AU bound.
    We just don't seem to be getting much traction in Alabama right now.

The Mississippi kids appear to be way more interested in Alabama schools than vice versa
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We just don't seem to be getting much traction in Alabama right now.

The Mississippi kids appear to be way more interested in Alabama schools than vice versa
    Wouldn't you be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sscjr1 View Post
    Can we please just take Chris Tyree off of the list? If we follow the pattern from last year, we'll chase him all the way to the end and lose a 4* that wanted to be here in the process.
    He's gone anyway. He was Huff's guy.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Theres the negative train. Does it have to be in every. Single. ****ing. Thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Theres the negative train. Does it have to be in every. Single. ****ing. Thread?
    I'd rather honesty than someone selling us dreams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I can lie to you if you want me to. Just telling you guys the truth. Keyes in 2021 is heavy our way. There?s your positive.