Page 138 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Some of you really need to stop this. It's brainless.

- Just because Mayden was a 4 from Texas and hasn't panned out yet doesn't mean we shouldn't recruit 4 stars from Texas

- Just because Stevens was a grad transfer QB and didn't pan out doesn't mean we shouldn't recruit grad transfer QBs

- Just because JoMo was an OC and didn't pan out doesn't mean we should never an OC again.

- We should recruit a 5'11" black QB because Damien Williams wasn't good.

Some of you play identity politics of sorts with players and it's absolutely brainless. Please post less if that's the idea you have in your head because you bring down the collective intellectual capacity of this board.

Players and evaluators are human. Sometimes things pan out and sometimes they don't. However, they're profile or where they're from has absolutely nothing to do with it. Some 4 stars have big offers and some don't. But for the love of sanity, please stop making any statements like the one you made above.
    you should be a politician man. you're incredible at jumping to conclusions and reaching. This is CLEARLY not what I was inferring at all, try re reading sentences slowly and comprehending before throwing insults. It'll help you in life

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    you should be a politician man. you're incredible at jumping to conclusions and reaching. This is CLEARLY not what I was inferring at all, try re reading sentences slowly and comprehending before throwing insults. It'll help you in life
    Ironic isn't it that he throws out phrases like,

...absolutely brainless.... you bring down the collective intellectual capacity of this board.

when he has obvious problems with reading comprehension.
    No Signature

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    Is Ty Keyes still a future dog? What can he do in Leach's system?
    Would be interested to know if our new staff has reached out to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Ironic isn't it that he throws out phrases like,

when he has obvious problems with reading comprehension.
    haha truly amazing. But to clarify my original statement, since it's needed apparently.. all i was saying is we've pulled 4 star QB and WRs from TX before with Dan. I'm cautiously optimistic with what Leach can do here but just think some should pump the brakes a tad. Now how that turned into that shotgun going on a rant i'm not sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Would be interested to know if our new staff has reached out to him.
    They have not. But they haven't talked to many 2021 guys.

vCash
    In other news, Jadeveon Clowney's cousin, a 4* DE just committed to Ole Miss over LSU, Clemson, and Georgia. Good to see the network is back up and running

vCash
    Mayden was a 4 star QB from TX. I'd just cool it a bit on Leach. I get you're excited but you're being dangerously optimistic here lately
    My bad. I guess I didn't have ESP with your post.

That being said, 4 stars can vary greatly. With 4 stars I think it's best to look at their offers.

Mayden was a 4 star but only really had offers from Tennessee & maybe Baylor.

If the kid from Lubbock starts getting offers from Oklahoma, Texas, or A&M we'll know he's real

Even so though, I trust Leach on this
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    In other news, Jadeveon Clowney's cousin, a 4* DE just committed to Ole Miss over LSU, Clemson, and Georgia. Good to see the network is back up and running
    You really believe he had those offers?

vCash
    He was dropped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He was dropped.
    It's because of his name, wasn't it?

vCash
    You really believe he had those offers?
    No clue, I'm just going off 24/7. The timing of the decommit from LSU does seem like a drop though. It seems hard to believe a 94 rated DE's best offer was Ole Miss though

vCash
    No clue, I'm just going off 24/7. The timing of the decommit from LSU does seem like a drop though. It seems hard to believe a 94 rated DE's best offer was Ole Miss though
    Always beware of players with big names & coach's sons.

They are usually overrated.

Clowney probably got ranked really high a long time ago due to his name & association, but then people realized he wasn't really good

vCash
    Yeah, I agree. LSU is a top 5 recruiter, so their cast offs could be some damn good players. I'd take a chance on any .94 rated player right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. LSU is a top 5 recruiter, so their cast offs could be some damn good players. I'd take a chance on any .94 rated player right now
    For sure, I'd love to have him. I'm just skeptical as to why LSU wouldn't want a 94 rated DE that is Clowney's cousin. There must be something really wrong

I just wonder what his ranking would be if the same exact player's last name was Smith

vCash
    For sure, I'd love to have him. I'm just skeptical as to why LSU wouldn't want a 94 rated DE that is Clowney's cousin. There must be something really wrong

I just wonder what his ranking would be if the same exact player's last name was Smith
    Same reason Clemson and UGA didn't want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Same reason Clemson and UGA didn't want him.
    Not really saying anything though... how many of our guys did those 3 programs want?

vCash
    Not really saying anything though... how many of our guys did those 3 programs want?
    But that's the point.

vCash
    What I've never been able to figure out is how when Ole Miss makes "certain hires" they immediately get in the game with big time recruits & all their losing is forgotten. Yet, it seems that no matter who we hire, we are always locked out on getting those guys in for visits & such.

It's always struck me as odd

vCash
    What I've never been able to figure out is how when Ole Miss makes "certain hires" they immediately get in the game with big time recruits & all their losing is forgotten. Yet, it seems that no matter who we hire, we are always locked out on getting those guys in for visits & such.

It's always struck me as odd
    Its all in the "making them feel appreciated" before, during and after the OV. Cam Akers really felt appreciated early on during his recruitment but Jimbo and FSU came by and made him feel more appreciated.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I do think Clowney is a good player but his final 3 were OM, Virginia, & Louisville. Sometimes you get lucky because the big schools fill up or need the room.