Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dabo says Notre Dame toughest opponent they have played

vCash

Dabo says Notre Dame toughest opponent they have played

I call BS on that. I can think of three tougher games off hand, especially A & M.

vCash
    Clemson would've blown out (10 or more) all but 2 sec teams Saturday night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    I call BS on that. I can think of three tougher games off hand, especially A & M.
    He's probably right. They may have played in closer games, but that doesn't mean the opponent was tougher. But if he beat his toughest opponent by 27, that's basically him calling out the ACC as garbage.

vCash
    Well, what makes ND tougher then. They looked like conference USA Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What's your point? They didn't blow out A &M.

vCash
    What's your point? They didn't blow out A &M.
    They've made a change at a very important position since then. You notice that ugly white kid throwing the ball? He ok

vCash
    They've made a change at a very important position since then. You notice that ugly white kid throwing the ball? He ok
    How did he effect ND's 3 point offense Saturday?

vCash
    Lol. Yeh he’s ugly but kinda decent at QB. Incredible ball placement and decision making for a freshman

vCash
    I agree. Not only do they have a very active defense but they have a good QB with excellent WRs, much like Alabama. 99% of the teams in the country do not have what Alabama or Clemson can bring to the table right now. The Big 12 is full of teams that can move the ball at will against most teams, but lack defensive capabilities. Iowa and MSU both have strong defenses but have some weaknesses on offense, especially in the passing game. Clemson and Alabama can hurt you through the air, on the ground or stifle you with defense. Everyone talks about Alabama's defense but how many impact WRs do they current have in the NFL? The Falcons have a couple of them
    Last edited by Recreationalgynecologist; 12-31-2018 at 09:57 AM.

vCash
    Well, what makes ND tougher then. They looked like conference USA Saturday.
    One game doesn't define a team. Notre Dame didn't play well offensively and that obviously hurt their defense as the game went on. Still impressed with the ability of Clemson's QB to drive that ball downfield accurately though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Recreationalgynecologist View Post
    I agree. Not only do they have a very active defense but they have a good QB with excellent WRs, much like Alabama. 99% of the teams in the country do not have what Alabama or Clemson can bring to the table right now. The Big 12 is full of teams that can move the ball at will against most teams, but lack defensive capabilities. Iowa and MSU both have strong defenses but have some weaknesses on offense, especially in the passing game. Clemson and Alabama can hurt you through the air, on the ground or stifle you with defense. Everyone talks about Alabama's defense but how many impact WRs do they current have in the NFL? The Falcons have a couple of them
    Bama's WRs don't get talked about enough. There aren't many WR groups that are better and now they are deeper than they used to be. With Julio, Cooper, and Ridley they just threw it to one guy over and over but I think they have a couple of guys that are almost at that level. They just distribute the ball more than they used to. Judy will probably be another Pro Bowl level receiver in the NFL.

Saban is a great coach but he gets the best talent every year. He is probably the greatest recruiter in college football history but not the best coach. When I think of great coaches, it is the type of guy that could take yours and beat his own team. I don't think Saban is that type, he is more of a Calipari type coach but doesn't have to worry about one and done. He rarely has to worry about playing a team that is even close to his in talent which is why he didn't do as well in the NFL.

vCash
    He was probably just being polite, right?

vCash
    One game doesn't define a team. Notre Dame didn't play well offensively and that obviously hurt their defense as the game went on. Still impressed with the ability of Clemson's QB to drive that ball downfield accurately though.
    What about two games then? They barely beat Vandy. What about other games? They barely beat Ball State and USC.

I just don't see how Dabo considered them the toughest team Clemson played. A & M played them a better game for sure and even South Carolina played them tougher.

vCash
    What about two games then? They barely beat Vandy. What about other games? They barely beat Ball State and USC.

I just don't see how Dabo considered them the toughest team Clemson played. A & M played them a better game for sure and even South Carolina played them tougher.
    I'm not a big believe in the transitive property when it comes to college football. South Carolina didn't look very good in their bowl game either, so what does that say? Plus the South Carolina/Clemson game was a rivalry game and I'd just throw most things out the window when it comes to that sort of thing. Notre Dame beat everyone on their schedule and there were quite a few bowl teams on that schedule. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt there and they did travel quite a bit as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    He was probably just being polite, right?
    Probably just politicking for Notre Dame next year since it is an easier win than someone like UGA or even Ohio St. I realize Ohio St lost to a Purdue team but OSU is very Jekyl and Hyde. You don't know if you are playing the team who got blow out at Purdue or the team that blew out Michigan. Saying that, UGA is probably the 3rd best team in the country.

vCash
    I'd like to play them. I think we'd do pretty good. Certainly don't think they'd blow us out.

ETA: You're just saying this cause you were a dummy and picked ND & the points LOL ***

vCash
    ND sucks. They may be a top 15 team barely, if they're lucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'd like to play them. I think we'd do pretty good. Certainly don't think they'd blow us out.

ETA: You're just saying this cause you were a dummy and picked ND & the points LOL ***
    We lost to Kentucky, LSU, and Florida. 2 of those losses were by 16+. None of those teams are close to Clemson. Y'all have let beating the snot out of ark and om go to your heads

vCash
    We lost to Kentucky, LSU, and Florida. 2 of those losses were by 16+. None of those teams are close to Clemson. Y'all have let beating the snot out of ark and om go to your heads
    That was a long time ago dude. I think our offense would do better now. Think we could put up a couple of TDs at least on Clemson. And I think they would struggle to score much on our D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    That was a long time ago dude. I think our offense would do better now. Think we could put up a couple of TDs at least on Clemson. And I think they would struggle to score much on our D.
    Bama wasn't long ago and we lost by 24. Clemson is that level