Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zien Williamson is the best basketball player in the nation

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    There's no doubt the other two are insanely talented and are more complete basketball players, but no one will be able to match up with williamson this season. He's too strong and too fluid in the post. And he can run the floor and dish it. He's the guy that's going to give coaches nightmares. You have to collapse on him in the paint. You have no choice, but that leaves everyone else open and the ball in the hands of a guy who can see the court and make the pass to an open shooter. He's what's going to make them go on offense and defense. His help side is sick.
    Now this I agree with. He's the ultimate mismatch. Too strong for any wing but way too quick for any big. He's a good & willing passer so the offense could run through him a lot. In crunch time though when they need a basket there's no doubt in my mind that ball is going to Barrett to get a bucket or make a play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Now this I agree with. He's the ultimate mismatch. Too strong for any wing but way too quick for any big. He's a good & willing passer so the offense could run through him a lot. In crunch time though when they need a basket there's no doubt in my mind that ball is going to Barrett to get a bucket or make a play.
    This is true. No one is getting the ball but Barrett or Reddish when they have to have a bucket. Although after watching them last night I don't know how many games they'll be in a situation where they absolutely have to have a basket in a tight game. That team is filled with mismatches.

vCash
    I disagree, I think with the way that Zion can handle the ball and pass, I think he just as easily be the primary option to put the ball in his hands when things get tight. He can get to the rim and handle it just as well as Barrett, plus he's much more physical so he should get to the FT line more often.

On Duke as a whole though, I think this 1 game is getting overhyped. I would say they won't win the title, and may be bounced before the Final 4 like they have been before with loaded rosters. Mainly because none of the freshman are great outside shooters. If someone packs it in and can force them to shoot 3's, their inconsistency will hurt them

vCash
    I hope it's overhyped because if they play like that all season, the seasons already over.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    I disagree, I think with the way that Zion can handle the ball and pass, I think he just as easily be the primary option to put the ball in his hands when things get tight. He can get to the rim and handle it just as well as Barrett, plus he's much more physical so he should get to the FT line more often.

On Duke as a whole though, I think this 1 game is getting overhyped. I would say they won't win the title, and may be bounced before the Final 4 like they have been before with loaded rosters. Mainly because none of the freshman are great outside shooters. If someone packs it in and can force them to shoot 3's, their inconsistency will hurt them
    His handle isn't as tight as Barrett's but when guarded by a big it doesn't have to be. I do think this game was Duke on 10 & they will have some game where they're on 6 or 7. Remember in March it only takes 1 bad day for 40 minutes to be over.

vCash
    Y'all see that dunk? Wow. Kid is the best player on the floor.