Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Baseball recruiting question??!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Bless your heart. It’s just killing you. You really have no idea how the game is played.
    That's a good way to put it, I remember an old man telling a group MSU college students that the internet was just another fad like short wave radio. We could have all argued, but why bother - the old man is probably still talking to other oldmen on short wave radio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    That's a good way to put it, I remember an old man telling a group MSU college students that the internet was just another fad like short wave radio. We could have all argued, but why bother - the old man is probably still talking to other oldmen on short wave radio
    I should take this advice. 61 will just remain willfully ignorant while we all laugh at how ignorant he is- all the while watching our players that we recruited as "toddlers".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I should take this advice. 61 will just remain willfully ignorant while we all laugh at how ignorant he is- all the while watching our players that we recruited as "toddlers".
    Dude is clueless, his kind would keep us in the dark ages being little ole missippi tate. Screw them.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Bookmark this thread homies. Let's see how the toddlers mature. Go one step further too and compare juniors/seniors that sign with us compared to the toddlers. Let's see whose more productive at State.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Dude is clueless, his kind would keep us in the dark ages being little ole missippi tate. Screw them.
    You're a brainless moron if you think not recruiting diaper dandies means you're keeping State in the dark ages. The womb is dark though maybe you've got it backwards.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Dawg61;1009163]You're a brainless moron if you think not recruiting diaper dandies means you're keeping State in the dark ages. The womb is dark though maybe you've got it backward

Nice try you troll 17. Sad and pathetic.

Banned
    vCash
    Edit your post homes. You messed it up. Shocker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Bookmark this thread homies. Let's see how the toddlers mature. Go one step further too and compare juniors/seniors that sign with us compared to the toddlers. Let's see whose more productive at State.
    You can if you wish. It will only embarrass you further. I'd say that Mangum and Stovall were two of our best players last year. LA didn't hit very well but he produced probably three of our top five clutch moments including the game winning hit in game one of the CWS and was a starter for two years and played a good bit as a freshman. James did really well in the Cape and is going to be in the weekend rotation this year. JT Ginn was a first round pick who will be in the rotation as a freshman and likely will be a dual position player for us. Tanner Allen was a good player for us last year as a freshman and will have a nice career for us as well. A lot of times the seniors that we're getting are filler for needs and actually haven't panned out as well- not to mention all of the JUCO misses we've had over the years which would make your theory on late bloomers look even worse than it already does.

There is literally no evidence that supports your ignorant theory. At any level of baseball. And even worse- and I'm only mentioning this again because it blows my mind that it happened right here at MSU and you still don't get it- Polk tried your way and it ran our program in the ground. Meanwhile Luke Alexander's class which was the first to be recruited in a modern fashion- SEC Title, three Super Regional appearances and fourth in Omaha. Bookmark that. What you are saying is literally like saying that water isn't wet and insisting that you're right.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    We are too busy with a pointless fall Fall World Series....smh
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Again 6 teams isn't the rest of college baseball and absolutely I'd prefer we don't recruit freshman. Scout them fine but I'd much prefer the time spent on juniors, seniors and even jucos or grad transfers so we end up cutting far less players. Wasting time is the enemy of recruiting.
    It's a lot more than 6. I don't have a Perfect Game subscription, but according to their available lists, Alabama has 3, Arkansas 8, Auburn 5, Florida 12, Georgia 1, Kentucky 6, LSU 8, Mizzou 5, Ole Miss 3, South Carolina 7, Tennessee 7, Texas A&M 6, and Vandy 8.

To throw in some of other national names, Miami has 15, FSU 6, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona, and Virginia all have 5, Oregon State and UNC have 4.

There are certainly reasons to be critical, but even coaches who don't like it still do it. Some of these kids want to go ahead and pick a college so they can focus on just playing. Many will be committed by the summer or fall prior to their junior season, at the latest. If we don't take their commitment, one of the other above schools or another big power will.