Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I?m definitely questioning this hire. This is pathetic, and yes, we are average.

vCash

I?m definitely questioning this hire. This is pathetic, and yes, we are average.

Moorhead?s in over his head in this conference. His approach to being sweet to his kids will produce undiscipline play on the field. Bama, LSU, and AU might drag us big time.

vCash
    This was a garbage hire. We in big trouble.

vCash

What an embarrassment. KY is a gimme

Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Moorhead?s in over his head in this conference. His approach to being sweet to his kids will produce undiscipline play on the field. Bama, LSU, and AU might drag us big time.
    This is pathetic

vCash
    Whether it is his "sweetness" or not, we got our butts whipped up fron tonight.

vCash
    Don't question the hire. It's a little early to jump the gun. This is a horrid loss and there isn't anything of value to take away from this.

But just like everything you learn and you adapt. We will see how well Moorhead will adjust and adapt. We have a cocky ass team and that's the first thing that needs to go. But if you give up on this season tonight your ass better stay gone if we win the next two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    But if you give up on this season tonight your ass better stay gone if we win the next two.
    I second this. Most of us were not realistic in thinking there wouldn't be any growing pains under a new coach, particularly a first time head coach at this level, despite our talent. But **** off and don't come back if you're ready to jump ship at the first sign of adversity.

vCash
    he problem is Cohen. We made it to Omaha and he fired that coach. Then he brought in a clearly unqualified FCS coach. This is what we get for that. Cohen needs to go.

vCash
    "This team is the most awesome ever"
    (finds out its not quite that awesome)
    "This team is the worst ever"

No wonder drug companies are making a killing on anti depressants

vCash
    Don't question the hire. It's a little early to jump the gun. This is a horrid loss and there isn't anything of value to take away from this.

But just like everything you learn and you adapt. We will see how well Moorhead will adjust and adapt. We have a cocky ass team and that's the first thing that needs to go. But if you give up on this season tonight your ass better stay gone if we win the next two.
    Finally an actual rational post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    he problem is Cohen. We made it to Omaha and he fired that coach. Then he brought in a clearly unqualified FCS coach. This is what we get for that. Cohen needs to go.
    We didn't "fire" Henderson and Lemonis hasn't even coached a game yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post

That's a great post! We are a bi polar bunch aren't we. You would think after the basketball season and baseball season we would learn to let the season play out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post

Great post haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We didn't "fire" Henderson and Lemonis hasn't even coached a game yet.
    Lemonis should have never had an opening to be hired into. Cohen is an egotistic ****tard that didn't have the brains to keep Henderson on as head coach after Omaha. Now look at what we are stuck with in football. If you think Matt Luke is a goofy looking fat bastard then you should look at what we have.

vCash
    I think we fell into a trap of believing our own hype. Mullen left us a very talented, deep, defense front. We let that and "18 returning starters" make us believe that this is the most talented team we've ever had. Reality may be that we actually aren't.

We saw tonight the cumulative impact of terrible OL recruiting, terrible WR recruiting, terrible ST recruiting, terrible defensive secondary recruiting, terrible roster management, and - as much of a Fitz homer as I am - flawed belief that you can always make a great athlete a great QB. Combine that with new system, new coaching staff, and some youth at key positions, and you are looking at a perfect storm if you are taking an SEC team lightly - especially a team that just solidified itself as the #2 in the East.

Team and coaches lost tonight, but I think Dan and the CC Boys lose this one too because of all of the above.

vCash

This is a good post.

My biggest concern is that this may very well be the most talented team Moorhead ever has, & that’s what we got tonight.

My biggest concern isn’t that we lost, it’s that we looked completely inept in making any adjustments to get something going. I get that happening vs Bama but not vs Kentucky. Then you throw the penalties on top of it all, & it’s clear that he’s either 1. Way too light on them or 2. The players are taking advantage of the staff.

My biggest concern is that Moorhead may be coaching different types of kids than what he coached at Penn State or at Fordham. Kids from small towns in the south are different, & he may have to adjust his coaching style accordingly.

Mullen was from the North, but he coached on a staff at Florida that had 31 arrested players on it. So he knew or was at least around discipline.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    My biggest concern is that Moorhead may be coaching different types of kids than what he coached at Penn State or at Fordham. Kids from small towns in the south are different, & he may have to adjust his coaching style accordingly.

Mullen was from the North, but he coached on a staff at Florida that had 31 arrested players on it. So he knew or was at least around discipline.
    That's one of the things I was worried about when we hired him. Mullen wanted a physical, aggressive, rough around the edges team. He didn't' mind some late hits or jawing after the play if it meant we played physical. He recruited guy that fit that mental mold.

Moorhead comes in and focuses more on scheme and abstract stuff than he does physicality. He wants to recruit smart kids and win with precision.

Moorhead disciplines like he's riding a calm old horse. Yet Mullen left him a young, barely broken mustang. it was very clear tonight that Moorheads style didn't do crap to get the players' jaws in line

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Lol we beat Florida next week and all will be good again..rinse repeat.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I second this. Most of us were not realistic in thinking there wouldn't be any growing pains under a new coach, particularly a first time head coach at this level, despite our talent. But **** off and don't come back if you're ready to jump ship at the first sign of adversity.
    That was the most pathetic coaching I’ve seen in a very long time. It helps my weekend next weekend. I was trying to figure out how to make it home for the Florida game. Ain’t worried about that now. I don’t want to watch Mullen whip our ass at home next Saturday.

I’m trying hard to find 8 wins now. I can’t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is a good post.

My biggest concern is that this may very well be the most talented team Moorhead ever has, & that’s what we got tonight.

My biggest concern isn’t that we lost, it’s that we looked completely inept in making any adjustments to get something going. I get that happening vs Bama but not vs Kentucky. Then you throw the penalties on top of it all, & it’s clear that he’s either 1. Way too light on them or 2. The players are taking advantage of the staff.

I sincerely hope that our teams have more talent going forward. If nothing else- hopefully more players that fit his system well like Shrader.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think we fell into a trap of believing our own hype. Mullen left us a very talented, deep, defense front. We let that and "18 returning starters" make us believe that this is the most talented team we've ever had. Reality may be that we actually aren't.

We saw tonight the cumulative impact of terrible OL recruiting, terrible WR recruiting, terrible ST recruiting, terrible defensive secondary recruiting, terrible roster management, and - as much of a Fitz homer as I am - flawed belief that you can always make a great athlete a great QB. Combine that with new system, new coaching staff, and some youth at key positions, and you are looking at a perfect storm if you are taking an SEC team lightly - especially a team that just solidified itself as the #2 in the East.

Team and coaches lost tonight, but I think Dan and the CC Boys lose this one too because of all of the above.
    Good post