Thread: Who was calling chip Kelly a bust?

vCash

Who was calling chip Kelly a bust?

@Eagles are the 3rd team in history w/ 400+ yards of total offense in each of their 1st 6 games of a season (2007 Patriots, 1983 Chargers).

vCash
    That's good and all, but wins and losses are what matter. They are 3-3 at this point and still have a chance to win that division but he could very well flame out despite setting offensive records like that one.

vCash
    Their D needed a huge overhaul, they aren't great but a little better this year and they'll be making more personnel changes going into next season.

vCash
    I didn't understand why the eagles didnt get a mobile qb to back up Vick. Now I don't understand why foles hasn't been the starter all along. The eagles looked very good yesterday
    Last edited by msstate7; 10-14-2013 at 10:51 AM.

vCash
    Could someone really call him a bust 4 games into his first season, at 1-3? I know Philly fans are notoriously hard to please and the success Reid is having in KC has to sting some*, but to call Kelly a bust at this point is just entirely premature. Two of his three losses so far are to teams that are a combined 12-0. On the flip side, the three teams he's beaten are a combined 1-15. (The San Diego loss stands out as a game the Eagles could/should have won against a very beatable team.)

*Reid is a heck of a football coach and I hate things played out the way they did, but it was time for a change. I'm certainly glad to see him having success in KC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    Could someone really call him a bust 4 games into his first season, at 1-3?
    Some on here and in other places certainly tried, hence pointing this out. I don't think you can make a determination either way yet fwiw.

vCash
    3-3 is very good for the Eagles at this point. Most people expected them to win no more than 4-6 games total this year.