Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's still amazing to me some peoples opinions on this football team

vCash

It's still amazing to me some peoples opinions on this football team

and the fact that people simply cannot comprehend that this is hands down, top to bottom, coaches and players the most talented MSU football team in the history of the program. There are people still making excuses that KSU wasn't a good "test" and that this team could still potentially be an 8-9 win team. Same poor ol miss state attitude. This team is 10 wins MINIMUM.

I actually feel bad for people who can't wake up to realize this and enjoy and bathe in every second of it. Teams put together like ours has (from coaching to talent) simply do not come along often.

vCash
    Completely agree. I think there is a fine line between being cocky & confident, but this team is super good & super good at the right spots for consistency.

While not quite as explosive on the outside, with Kylin at RB, we have a typical Alabama type team for the most part. When you are that good in the trenches & at RB while also having a QB that is a dynamic runner, it's really hard to lose to non-elite teams unless you turn the ball over 5+ times.

I agree that it's tough for MSU fans to comprehend, but it's real. This is a real football team that is well above average at every position on the field, except WR, & that position may end up being above average in time.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    and the fact that people simply cannot comprehend that this is hands down, top to bottom, coaches and players the most talented MSU football team in the history of the program. There are people still making excuses that KSU wasn't a good "test" and that this team could still potentially be an 8-9 win team. Same poor ol miss state attitude. This team is 10 wins MINIMUM.

I actually feel bad for people who can't wake up to realize this and enjoy and bathe in every second of it. Teams put together like ours has (from coaching to talent) simply do not come along often.
    Shouldn't we wait until those wins actually happen to bathe in them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Shouldn't we wait until those wins actually happen to bathe in them?
    If you have a trip booked at a resort in the Caribbean should you not enjoy the anticipation?

We are going to beat down everyone until the battle that will be Auburn and we're going to win that one too.

vCash
    It may be. But we still haven't played anybody yet. I've been down this road before, more than once. I even heard IN PERSON a head coach of ours say we would play in the Rose Bowl for a national title. We went 3-8. I'll be just as happy as you if we do what you say.

vCash
    I rewatched LSU and Auburn games. Burrow has thrown one good pass this year, same ole LSU. Auburn's rushing attack doesn't worry me. Arid a.m. has been decent throwing the ball. And both LSU and Auburn's O lines look underwhelming. Still have us 10+ wins

vCash

What I see is a team with tremendous upside. But we all know the one aspect of our game that could limit our success. That is, of course, the deep passing game. We MUST find a way to make opposing defenses respect the deep ball. If we don't, yes, we could lose 4 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    What I see is a team with tremendous upside. But we all know the one aspect of our game that could limit our success. That is, of course, the deep passing game. We MUST find a way to make opposing defenses respect the deep ball. If we don't, yes, we could lose 4 games.
    lol. Connecting on the deep ball or not will not cause 4 losses. Simply throwing the deep ball causes respect. We will connect on some.

vCash
    And several that post in this thread will go whip off to OM and talk about how great they look.

vCash
    I think we're going to win 10-12, but being a State fan for so long I wouldn't be shocked if we end up at 8-9. Injuries. Suspensions. Fumbles. Firings. Etc... it's football. It all happens.

Also, the emergence of A&M and LSU early in the season suggests those games will be much tougher than anticipated. The Egg Bowl is always hotly contested. Then we've got Bama and Auburn. Anyone who looks at that and says we have 0% chance to lose games against those opponents is kidding themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I think we're going to win 10-12, but being a State fan for so long I wouldn't be shocked if we end up at 8-9. Injuries. Suspensions. Fumbles. Firings. Etc... it's football. It all happens.

Also, the emergence of A&M and LSU early in the season suggests those games will be much tougher than anticipated. The Egg Bowl is always hotly contested. Then we've got Bama and Auburn. Anyone who looks at that and says we have 0% chance to lose games against those opponents is kidding themselves.
    There is a 0% chance we lose more than 2 games.

vCash

Please leave troll. We're two games into the season. While Shotgun will agree with you, there are quite a few level-headed fans on this board that would rather wait and see how things progress before we start beating our chests. I have yet to see a comment here, even from some of the more consistent pessimists, clamoring with the attitude I've bolded in your post.

We thought we were good last year until we rolled into Athens and got throttled on national television. Still need a few more games under our belt.

Our D-line and RB positions are locked and loaded. The O-line and LB'ing crew have looked good thus far. Kicking game, Secondary, and QB still have some question marks on consistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Please leave troll. We're two games into the season. While Shotgun will agree with you, there are quite a few level-headed fans on this board that would rather wait and see how things progress before we start beating our chests. I have yet to see a comment here, even from some of the more consistent pessimists, clamoring with the attitude I've bolded in your post.

We thought we were good last year until we rolled into Athens and got throttled on national television. Still need a few more games under our belt.

Our D-line and RB positions are locked and loaded. The O-line and LB'ing crew have looked good thus far. Kicking game, Secondary, and QB still have some question marks on consistency.
    It is a poor ol miss state attitude. You think Auburn fans are saying 8-9 win season for them?

vCash
    This is factually incorrect.

vCash
    It is a poor ol miss state attitude. You think Auburn fans are saying 8-9 win season for them?
    We are a few National Championships, heismans, and SEC championships from acting in a way that is consistent with winning like that.

No amount of being overconfident from our fanbase will affect how things turn out. But it does make you look like an ass when its done prematurely.

vCash
    If we lose more then two games its this guys fault^**

vCash
    Brandon Walker nearly had a damn heart attack over it Sunday night.. btw go listen to that rant if you want a dose of adrenaline lol
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    Based on facts alone, we as a fan base should be "prove we are NOT a 10-11 win team", not a "let's see what happens VS team A, B or C before we get overly confident"

Based on the coaches and players we have, there's no reason to not be confident and pumped right now. End. Of. Story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    We are a few National Championships, heismans, and SEC championships from acting in a way that is consistent with winning like that.

No amount of being overconfident from our fanbase will affect how things turn out. But it does make you look like an ass when its done prematurely.
    Being confident with some arrogance in our team makes me look like an ass. I'll gladly take that. Our fan base needs more people with this attitude.

vCash
    Being confident with some arrogance in our team makes me look like an ass. I'll gladly take that. Our fan base needs more people with this attitude.
    Please explain how it helps