Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The MSU video department should be embarassed

vCash

The MSU video department should be embarassed

Yes, we got one three minute highlight reel.

In the meantime Ole Miss has a 22 minute highlight show. And freaking USM basically has a condensed game plus highlight video.

There is literally nothing out there on the Internet with regards to highlights for our game last week.

I just wish they would step it up. Give us a show like Relentless again and give us a 15-20 minute video with the condensed highlights from the game. And then a hype video for the upcoming game.

When the video department does something- they do good work. I just wish they would do more. It looks lazy to me.

It's going to suck if we have a special season and the best I can do for highlights are Matt Wyatt breakdowns and whatever WCBI puts out during their newscast.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yes, we got one three minute highlight reel.

In the meantime Ole Miss has a 22 minute highlight show. And freaking USM basically has a condensed game plus highlight video.

There is literally nothing out there on the Internet with regards to highlights for our game last week.

I just wish they would step it up. Give us a show like Relentless again and give us a 15-20 minute video with the condensed highlights from the game. And then a hype video for the upcoming game.

When the video department does something- they do good work. I just wish they would do more. It looks lazy to me.

It's going to suck if we have a special season and the best I can do for highlights are Matt Wyatt breakdowns and whatever WCBI puts out during their newscast.

2nd this!
    No Signature

vCash
    3rd this

Between Relentless getting cut and Bob’s position not being replaced, the fans now have no access in getting to know the players.

For a school that’s had endless trouble promoting itself, this is a mind boggling decision that is a step in the wrong direction.

Conversely, I understand the AD not wanting to invest in non revenue producing positions, but I think the long term benefits are worth it.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-05-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    This times ~+1

vCash
    I’ll take Cohen over Stricklin any day, but this to me is showing the difference between the two. For the actual on field product (what matters most), I’ll take Cohen because he is a coach. He knows what to look for in a prospective coach. But Scott Stricklin was a savvy businessmen and knew marketing well. Sadly, just don’t see this improving much.

vCash
    Wait, we don't get Relentless anymore? I wanted a Relentless on the women's basketball team and the baseball team. Damn.

vCash
    Pretty obvious we’ve cut our video group/media folks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Pretty obvious we’ve cut our video group/media folks.
    Yup and now we have a great team in which no one knows the players
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Just win. Winning takes care of everything else

vCash
    We can’t have nice things.

vCash
    I agree. We have a brand and it needs to be promoted. Bad move on Cohen.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Does coach Jomo have a tv show?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And then a hype video for the upcoming game.
    I would imagine that will come out today. If I remember correctly they used to come out on Thursdays last season. Also if I remember correctly, I think Relentless got canned because not enough people watched it to make it worth the time and effort it took to produce (could be wrong on that though.)

vCash
    As far as I can tell UM has 18 graphic designers and video production people on staff.

We have 5-7 full time in video and some student interns as far as I can tell on the staff directory. We have much better graphics people though and we've won the top marketing team a couple times. Hang a Banner

Banned
    vCash
    We play down to our competition. Next week well have a 15 minute video.**

vCash
    Agreed, it's crazy how far we lag behind. I also wish we had a subscription service where you could watch past MSU football games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    I would imagine that will come out today. If I remember correctly they used to come out on Thursdays last season. Also if I remember correctly, I think Relentless got canned because not enough people watched it to make it worth the time and effort it took to produce (could be wrong on that though.)
    I only watched relentless after something big, like Auburn 14. I hate to tell you guys but MSU is probably ahead of the curve here. Most people today want the condensed version of the condensed version. 3-5 minute highlight clips are where things are going. The old coach's shows and longer stuff are going the way of the dinosaurs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    I agree. We have a brand and it needs to be promoted. Bad move on Cohen.
    A 22-minute highlight show of a mediocre game is not promoting anything to anyone except already die-hard fans.

vCash

They did great with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I only watched relentless after something big, like Auburn 14. I hate to tell you guys but MSU is probably ahead of the curve here. Most people today want the condensed version of the condensed version. 3-5 minute highlight clips are where things are going. The old coach's shows and longer stuff are going the way of the dinosaurs.
    Exactly why things like Last Chance U are smash hits