Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Comments About Saban....

vCash

Interesting Comments About Saban....

I honestly don't know if and/or what level Bama is cheating. However, I think it's sad that the sport that we all love is shrouded with distrust, scandals, and a perceived uneven playing field.

I just wish the sport didn't operate like this.

https://twitter.com/secfootball/stat...911388672?s=21

Banned
    vCash
    I'm sure everyone's cheating but CFB needs to figure out how to have more parody. It's getting really old having 130 teams but only 4-5 of them actually have a chance to win a natty each year.

vCash
    Anonymous Coach = Gus Malzahn**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'm sure everyone's cheating but CFB needs to figure out how to have more parody. It's getting really old having 130 teams but only 4-5 of them actually have a chance to win a natty each year.
    Conference champions only in play off would be a start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Anonymous Coach = Gus Malzahn**
    I don't think it matters who the coach is because all of them likely believe the same thing.

It's just a shame that the sport we love has this issue.

Banned
    vCash
    I'd get rid of all OOC games and conference championship games and go to a final 32 or 64 team tournament.

vCash
    I think you may be on to something... We should just handout another 129 of these:

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I'll say it unanonymously, Nick Saban is the best coach at cheating in the country. That said hes a hell of a coach too.

vCash
    Cheating will go on no matter what. And the NCAA is not making it any better by handing out pitiful and inconsistent sanctions because they don't want another program to turn into 1990's era SMU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cheating will go on no matter what. And the NCAA is not making it any better by handing out pitiful and inconsistent sanctions because they don't want another program to turn into 1990's era SMU.
    SMU's bigger problem was the fall of the SW Conf. If SMU were in the Big 12, they would've recovered fairly quickly

vCash
    Alabama has the best "Talent Acquisition" plan in the business. Decades of "extreme commitment", has built them a nearly insurmountable amount of built-in advantages. Not crying foul. It is 90 years too late for that...

As far as parity, College Football will never be a Democracy. He with the most money, and best attorneys, win. ;-)

vCash
    I'd get rid of all OOC games and conference championship games and go to a final 32 or 64 team tournament.
    I know this has been beaten to death, but this is close to the solution, IMO... Some of you really old(er) guys may remember a post I made about the time of the inception of the BCS (1998ish?)

I can't remember the definite specs, but it went something like this:

Eight 12 team conferences (96 teams)
    11 conference games + 1 OOC = 12 game regular season
    16 team playoff that incorporated the best bowls - teams not making the CFP filled out the remaining bowl schedule
    Conference Champs get automatic bid to CFP - the next 8 teams receive a bid via a BCS type formula/CFP committee
    Playoffs are seeded 16 vs 1 (and so on) as to avoid rematches as late in the playoffs as possible

Somethin' like that...

No.

vCash
    I believe Bama bought a lot of players when Saban first became the head coach. They probably don’t have to buy as many now that they’ve been on a decade+ roll, but it still happens. Saban and the Bama program are just as corrupt as any in college football. Top players getting arrested and having legal issues still play on Saturdays. It’s all big business and the enforcers have financial incentive to allow it to happen. Rigged system that has taken a lot of the fun out of the game for many fans.

vCash
    There are some huge pussies in this thread

vCash
    Just look back at the Rueben Foster ordeal, Auburn's version of CJ Johnson.

Kid got a War Eagle tatoo and then flipped to Bama.

You can't tell me he wasn't bought by Bama. I'm sure Auburn was paying as well, but let's not sit here and disregard clear evidence.

What about the Raekwon Davis ordeal with us? He committed to MSU is Mullen's office.

Stop believing they don't have to cheat because they clearly do and have done recently. It's embarrassing to the sport that a dynasty is cheating at their level.

If you disagree with that then you are a Bama fan or just dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Just look back at the Rueben Foster ordeal, Auburn's version of CJ Johnson.

Kid got a War Eagle tatoo and then flipped to Bama.
    Yeah, it's a shame that AU got a player bought out from under them.*

No.

vCash
    I'm sure everyone's cheating but CFB needs to figure out how to have more parody.
    That’s how I would describe our Croom Error teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame that AU got a player bought out from under them.*
    I say all that to make the point that absolutely Bama pays players. The question in my mind is whether or not their status allows them to pay less than the highest bidder or if they just go all out, above and beyond with consequences?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I say all that to make the point that absolutely Bama pays players. The question in my mind is whether or not their status allows them to pay less than the highest bidder or if they just go all out, above and beyond with consequences?
    I'll never deny that some of Bama's players get illegal benefits. I believe that all schools are guilty of this at some level.

That being said, save a few outliers, I believe that Bama may actually have to pay less than some schools do to attract comparable talent (due to recent success)...

I think the last time bammer went "all out" was in the late 90s under Dubose... that cheatin' was almost as overt as OM's recent doings...

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    That’s how I would describe our Croom Error teams.
    ISWYDT

No.