Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball News

vCash

Baseball News

[tweet]https://twitter.com/joeltcoleman/status/1022194575929167872?s=21[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1022209031388254208?s=21[/tweet]

vCash
    Man, that sure came in under the radar!
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    Can't see it what is it?

vCash
    Really wish we could've kept Vansau. Him and Anderson are big losses from a depth standpoint in the outfield.

vCash
    Vansau has been lighting it up in summer ball. That makes 4 transfers now: Vansau, Anderson, Ashcraft, and Stephens. We really need to nail our pitching recruiting hard.

I've heard we'll allow Stewart to come on during the fall and let him see how it likes it. If not he'll transfer to a Juco. Interesting take, but can be done.

vCash
    Here's the actual interviews. Sounds like they're going after Stewart really hard:

Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 07-25-2018 at 03:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Really wish we could've kept Vansau. Him and Anderson are big losses from a depth standpoint in the outfield.
    Hate it when guys leave BUT realistically, where was he going to play? With Jake coming back, no room in the OF. Last year .. Hunter had 21 hits in 110 ABs, hit .191.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Vansau has been lighting it up in summer ball. That makes 4 transfers now: Vansau, Anderson, Ashcraft, and Stephens. We really need to nail our pitching recruiting hard.

I've heard we'll allow Stewart to come on during the fall and let him see how it likes it. If not he'll transfer to a Juco. Interesting take, but can be done.
    that would suck. and we would lose a roster spot AND that scholarship money. That's way worse than him going straight to juco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Great recruiting approach. Chances are if he makes it here and is around his teammates, college freedom, college girls, etc he'll stay. College can be among the greatest years of one's life. Yeah, money, I know... Still seems like it would be pretty easy to keep him if he just made here.

vCash
    If we let Stewart have a trial run it's risky as far as scholarship money but I think it potentially has a HUGE reward for us. Another thing about Stewart- Scott Boras is his advisor now. I would think that would likely be in our favor as well. Having Ginn and Stewart for two seasons- assuming Ginn leaves after his sophomore year- gives us two guys that are legit front of the line SEC arms and that's what you need to win a National Championship. If they have success it could very well lead to other first round type talents committing and coming to MSU- like Vanderbilt and Florida. To me, it's worth the roll of the dice because I feel like if we can get him to campus our odds of him staying on the team are fairly high. Hopefully it works out for him like it did Casey Mize and Brady Singer.

I like Foxhall's answer to building velocity. It sounds like a very individualized approach.

I also like that we are bringing in a new S&C coach. Our fans have noted how "small" our players have looked. Some of that is perception- but I also think that some of it reality. I also have heard that our old S&C coach was possibly in part to blame for many of the Tommy John surgeries a few years ago because he and Wes Johnson weren't communicating like they needed to.

I don't think we'll miss Vansau very much- not with MacNamee, Mangum, and Rowdey coming back plus I would think Tanner Allen would start over him in the OF as well depending on how the infield shakes out. Personally I do wish that we could have kept Anderson and Ashcraft because they are talented players.

Also- Keegan James is looking good in the Cape. He'll have a say in the weekend rotation I would think.

vCash
    I agree w basically everything you said, except the boras part. Boras is out for the best thing for his client. And the best thing might be to get back I the draft ASAP. Depends on injury. They know more than us obviously. I think it's 25-75 he makes it here. But that's way better odds than before. And I'd love to be wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Can't see it what is it?
    Did you ever get your question answered? If not, it was screen shots of tweets by Joel Coleman and Robby Faulk, saying Ashcraft and Vansau are transferring, and Luke Alexander is "working through some things" and don't know if he'll be back or not. The tweet by Faulk said we're hiring FSU's S&C coach, and is expected to be formally announced by the end of the week.

vCash
    Good grief, heard people here gripe the whole year about us having Alexander as a regular in the lineup because he was batting around .220 and now we are going to mourn the transfer of a guy who played very little because he was hitting nearly 30 points worse? And one thing I've learned, summer ball stats rarely mean squat.

vCash
    The Carter gamble is a no brainer. This is as blue a chip as you can get in college baseball. We have in the past wasted scholarships on Ashcraft, Breaux, Woodruff, and probably Paul Young for zero return and Carter has more talent than any of these guys.

Vansau gave us 2 years and tried hard, we have Freshmen that need to be tested
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 07-25-2018 at 08:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Good grief, heard people here gripe the whole year about us having Alexander as a regular in the lineup because he was batting around .220 and now we are going to mourn the transfer of a guy who played very little because he was hitting nearly 30 points worse? And one thing I've learned, summer ball stats rarely mean squat.
    Not mourning the player, just stating the facts that it likely hurts us from a depth issue. Obviously we'll have freshman that could come in and contribute, but most freshman aren't like Mangum and can come in and adjust to SEC pitching Day 1. Heck it took Rowdey over half the year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I agree w basically everything you said, except the boras part. Boras is out for the best thing for his client. And the best thing might be to get back I the draft ASAP. Depends on injury. They know more than us obviously. I think it's 25-75 he makes it here. But that's way better odds than before. And I'd love to be wrong
    While Boras has had players go to JUCO or start out in Indy ball he's a very pro college baseball. My guess is at this point he would probably most likely advise him to go to MSU.

vCash
    Not mourning the player, just stating the facts that it likely hurts us from a depth issue. Obviously we'll have freshman that could come in and contribute, but most freshman aren't like Mangum and can come in and adjust to SEC pitching Day 1. Heck it took Rowdey over half the year
    I would be willing to bet we will have several freshmen coming in that could contribute at a .191 level without any adjustments to SEC pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Can't see it what is it?
    This has happen to me a number of times. I tried switching the browser but it doesn't help. Very frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I would be willing to bet we will have several freshmen coming in that could contribute at a .191 level without any adjustments to SEC pitching.
    Heck, graham Ashcraft or Cole Gordon could hit 191 and a few HRs switching to 1b

vCash
    Should not be very hard for any of our incoming freshman to surpass or at least match Vansau’s BA of .191. If it is, we are swinging and missing in recruiting, a lot like Vansau’s 2 years at the plate