Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the football team getting new style of uniforms for 2018?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Every time I see MSU, I click a link. I am always disappointed because it is ALWAYS Michigan State. Lately with the Michigan State news, I am very happy it isn't related to Mississippi State.

Other than going to Atlanta 20 years ago, our highlights now are of players wearing the M State helmet. Sorry to tell folks but that is our brand in football now about as much as the MS in baseball.

If someone is showing highlights, it is very rarely going to be us wearing the MSJ. I don't care that much honestly but at least the M State is ours. Google MSU. It is Michigan State and that isn't changing so if you want to be USM and steal Iowa's logo more power to you.

I am not opposed to having a tribute to 98 SEC West Champion throwbacks, I am saying we can't really go full time to the MSJ or MSU logo on the helmets without it leading to confusion.

Michigan State even owns the website msu.edu.
    This makes a lot of sense. Branding is important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    This makes a lot of sense. Branding is important.
    Especially with Dak being popular in the NFL, it just makes the M State even more prominent since those are the highlights they show. I would actually say getting to #1 in the first ever college football playoff > losing the SEC Championship game as far as national publicity. It was actually an answer to a Jeopardy question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I always like the uniforms/helmets BruceThreadgill and John Bond teams wore.......simple and good looking.....
    I venture to say 90% of the posters on this board haven't ever heard of Bruce Threadgill. But, you're right, the uniforms/helmets they wore back then were simple and good looking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Its time to go back to Nike....its been time
    Why? So we can be the second most important school to nike in the state?? Let's stay adidas and make our own brand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I venture to say 90% of the posters on this board haven't ever heard of Bruce Threadgill. But, you're right, the uniforms/helmets they wore back then were simple and good looking.
    Didn't the helmets then just have a MS on them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Didn't the helmets then just have a MS on them?
    Yep, the helmets had just the "MS" from 1973 thru 1978; the switch to "MSU" came in 1979.

https://www.hailstateunis.com/footba...m-history.html