Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEC network loves our defense...I thought Marcus was dead on about our

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And a little scary if their qb can complete passes. LSU always has top flight WRs
    Is there a ?if? in college football every year that?s bigger than ?if LSU?s QB is any good...?? I will believe it when I see it. They also don?t have nearly the proven running game that they usually do and lost their best receiver from a year ago.

Maybe I?m wrong, but there is absolutely nothing about this LSU team that makes me think they will be a contender, especially with Orgeron calling the shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think we are better than LSU and we beat them but I dont understand all this acting like they are garbage.

They just went 9-4, not 4-8...I cant remember how they looked vs every team and who all they beat and lost to so before someone says all that I beat you to it.

Point is they are going to be around a top 25 team

LSU is not garbage, but their schedule is hell this year. We get them after they have played 8 straight weeks, and a schedule that includes Miami, Auburn, OM, FL, GA before us. I know OM is not great, but tends to be a pretty good game. They may beat us, but the schedule to play LSU is better this year than it has been in a while...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Is there a ?if? in college football every year that?s bigger than ?if LSU?s QB is any good...?? I will believe it when I see it. They also don?t have nearly the proven running game that they usually do and lost their best receiver from a year ago.

Maybe I?m wrong, but there is absolutely nothing about this LSU team that makes me think they will be a contender, especially with Orgeron calling the shots.
    Davis and Sullivan are returning guys that didn't catch a lot of passes, but are talented guys. Marshall and chase are incoming 5-star guys. They will have talent outside. With that said, theyre not gonna be a contender. I do think that trip to Death Valley is gonna be a very tough win though
    Last edited by msstate7; 07-16-2018 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Your Wool is Thick!!!
    Probably but there isn't a better rushing group than Fitz, Aeris, and Hill in the SEC in my opinion. I think Hill is going to explode this year now that he doesn't have Dan limiting his touches. We return an entire starting Oline from a 9 win team that DOMINATED LSU and went toe to toe with Bama. Rankin might have been the "starter" at LT but he maybe played half the year. If we actually get a vertical passing game, that will just improve the run game even more.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Thing is: with our DL, the secondary doesn't have to be elite. They've just got keep plays in front of them and force the opposing team to successfully block our DL numerous times to score.

I'm ok playing a little soft in the secondary this year and letting our DL do work.
    I'd rather be questionable in the secondary than the DL. A Great DL can make all back field folk look like Dion Sanders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    LSU is not garbage, but their schedule is hell this year. We get them after they have played 8 straight weeks, and a schedule that includes Miami, Auburn, OM, FL, GA before us. I know OM is not great, but tends to be a pretty good game. They may beat us, but the schedule to play LSU is better this year than it has been in a while...

I’d rather get them the second or third week before they settle in. Could go two ways playing them later, they could fall apart before then and already be broken or they could be clicking on all cylinders.

Beginning of the year they certainly won’t be clicking.

They have one hell of a tough schedule. If O wins 8 IMO he did a hell of a job with that schedule.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    10-2 at worst this year.
    That's exactly what I said......except "at best". We lose at BAMA and probably at home to either UF or Auburn. Would prefer Auburn beat us if I had a choice. Then a nice Citrus Bowl date vs Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State.

vCash
    Davis and Sullivan are returning guys that didn't catch a lot of passes, but are talented guys. Marshall and chase are incoming 5-star guys. They will have talent outside. With that said, theyre not gonna be a contender. I do think that trip to Death Valley is gonna be a very tough win though
    They also have Jonathan Giles eligible this year who was the best WR at Texas Tech 2 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    They also have Jonathan Giles eligible this year who was the best WR at Texas Tech 2 years ago.
    Good call.

Looking at their depth chart, the guys I listed are down on it. They have talent outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Maybe but I don't think it's that easy, plus I don't think there is a coach on that staff that knows how to teach & run a spread offense.

Did anyone watch their Spring Game?

What offense did they run in that?

Shirley, they ain't gonna learn a new offense in Fall camp
    O spent the entire game chewing on his offensive coaches asses!! I thought he was going to tackle the OL coach at one point he was so pissed!

After watching that spring game there ain't no way they run a spread offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    LSU is grad transfer U his year.

The QB, Giles, and the CB starting opposite of Greedy is a grad transfer from Samford.

This is my biggest issue with the grad transfer rule, it allows blue bloods to be propped up because inevitably the grad transfer will transfer to the blue blood that needs a starter at their position.

vCash
    If our secondary can prevent the over the top throws this year, we might have a real chance at Atlanta
    I'm still worried about Gump receivers being allowed to stop by the water cooler for a quick drink then run back onto the field for a reception, especially in Tusk-Town.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!