Thread: I don't know why I watch the SEC Network

vCash

I don't know why I watch the SEC Network

We may as well not exist. No mention of any state player on offense or defense from what I've seen. Watched for an hour and don't think State was mentioned once. I honestly believe we could win the NC and they still wouldnt mention us preseason.

vCash
    This is one of the things I hope Moorhead fixes. Mullen was always too awww shucks about our teams and players publicly. I really want Moorhead to pump the brand, pump the players, and call folks out when we aren't getting the credit we deserve.

We are still building a brand and we definitely aren't a blue blood. We have to manufacture our own press and publicity. Moorhead is going to have to force the media to cover us. Hopefully he can get us playing at such a high level that they have no choice but to cover us.

vCash
    Start by insisting that our school be represented in the on camera talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Start by insisting that our school be represented in the on camera talent.
    Wyatt would be tremendous on the weekdays.

vCash
    The SEC Network is nothing but a Bama, Auburn, UGA, TN party. As much as we complain, LSU, A&M, & FL don't even get much attention.

The network mostly consists of Finebaum's former Birmingham listening Area.

vCash
    OT but yet is relevant. Not able to go to games anymore, but I have watched for several years and something is blatantly obvious when the DOGS play at home. The TV cameras during the game almost always find the largest (obese), least flattering or ridiculous fans to zoom in on. When the bear shark lawyers are on almost ALWAYS they zoom on the most beautiful females and people they can find and then rave about how incredible the grove is. That is one reason i’ve been disillusioned the “Starkvegas” theme and silly uniform changes. I’ve never seen this mentioned before but as one that watches a lot of DOG games it is obvious. Like it or not the bears have one thing right....perception is everything when it comes to out of state potential students/money/mental image. Lose the banana, beard, black silver, crap. Push MSU as something special...not gimmicks.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 07-15-2018 at 09:13 PM. Reason: ADHD

Banned
    vCash
    And I just about can't turn on any sports pub/media without having the nation's #1 ranked college WR from Starkville plastered all over the page. Sharks get more pub from that than we do as a total team. We'll just have to earn it again like we do every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I honestly believe we could win the NC and they still wouldnt mention us preseason.
    This is almost correct