Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We?ve missed on atleast 3 pitching coaches.

Banned
    vCash

We?ve missed on atleast 3 pitching coaches.

This according to a very good source. Don?t know who they are other than yeskie. This does not really upset me bc I think it just shows we are going down the list from the best pc in America until we get a yes. There are some very very good pitching coaches out there. My only gripe with this is that it could hurt our recruiting the longer it drags out.

vCash
    This after we missed on probably at least 3 head coach candidates.

vCash
    Sorry man but my confidence in believing this rumor is very low. I still think we end up with Foxhall. Still odd we haven’t hired a pitching coach. Just my two cents though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This after we missed on probably at least 3 head coach candidates.
    It seems like Cohen starts at the top and works his way down. Actually not a bad plan.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Sorry man but my confidence in believing this rumor is very low. I still think we end up with Foxhall. Still odd we haven’t hired a pitching coach. Just my two cents though.
    We may get Foxhall. Would be a great hire. He just wasn’t one of the first 3 we called.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    This according to a very good source. Don?t know who they are other than yeskie. This does not really upset me bc I think it just shows we are going down the list from the best pc in America until we get a yes. There are some very very good pitching coaches out there. My only gripe with this is that it could hurt our recruiting the longer it drags out.
    It certainly is torture for fragile fans who?s self worth is hermetically attached to getting media cred through names of coaches.

vCash
    Might as well hire Henderson**

vCash
    What's considered a miss?

vCash
    We are getting coaches some raises around the country. Is Cohen driving the college baseball coaching market up before he retakes his team?***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    Might as well hire Henderson**
    Well, someone on another board who at least acts somewhat connected said he heard that is what will happen.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Well, someone on another board who at least acts somewhat connected said he heard that is what will happen.
    Please no. Please please no!!!

vCash
    Please no. Please please no!!!
    What, a staff with ERA's of 5 and a locker room that's divided don't sound great to you??!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    What, a staff with ERA's of 5 and a locker room that's divided don't sound great to you??!
    Preach!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I’m glad you’re confident that it’ll be Foxhall. After how the head search went and how the pitching one currently looks, I’m not confident at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I hope what is not happening is that some of our more vocal baseball fans are sabotaging better candidates so that we can be nice to an inferior candidate. Shit like that is why we don't have a National title in baseball. Our well meaning but less educated on the landscape of college baseball fans force us into making a nice but poor decision. Like bringing Polk II back.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    There are more than 4-5 really great pitching coaches out there. I'm confident we will get a good guy. There are a lot to choose from.

vCash
    We may get Foxhall. Would be a great hire. He just wasn’t one of the first 3 we called.
    Evidently, for things to drag out this long we must be giving each of them 4-5 days to mull over the decision before moving on to the next one if 3 is all we've called.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I hope what is not happening is that some of our more vocal baseball fans are sabotaging better candidates so that we can be nice to an inferior candidate. Shit like that is why we don't have a National title in baseball. Our well meaning but less educated on the landscape of college baseball fans force us into making a nice but poor decision. Like bringing Polk II back.
    Man, Ron Polk must haunt your dreams.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why doesn't Florida State have a NC? Hell, they've been to the WCS like 22 times.

vCash
    Sorry, Coach 34 is not a great source.