Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitching Coach?????????????????????????????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    Cohen better hurry up because there's like 87 over-zealous MSU fans that are dying to know who it's gonna be. I mean, Cohen is such a moron. Look at the two idiots he's hired: neither one has won a single game yet and all they've done is bring in some of the best recruits we've ever had in their respective sports. What are we now, Ole Miss? It's getting ridiculous. If we don't have a pitching coach named before the ides of July I'm pretty sure we aren't going to win 10 SEC games next spring.
    HaHaHa! Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself! Rep given!

vCash

Much like the H/C search, it appears to be a cluster #&*!

NT
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU338 View Post
    I have come to realize that Cohen is awful at hiring.
    Since you just joined in June I'll just assume you've missed all the other hires Cohen has made since he's been in charge. **
    Back off the ledge a little bit

vCash
    What in the world can be going on with MSU taking so long to hire a pitching coach? You would figure Cohen and Lemonis both had a short list of candidates.
    Been wanting to post this same thing for a while now but held off ........ glad you did!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Since you just joined in June I'll just assume you've missed all the other hires Cohen has made since he's been in charge. **
    Back off the ledge a little bit
    Ignorant comment, I know all the hires Cohen has made, Just never felt the need to post on it till he botched up the entire baseball hire and didn't deliver on his promise. I can promise you, if Cohen and Lemonis wasn't getting turned down left and right, then they would have their pitching coach. The timeframe and lack of interest is concerning to me. Something doesn't add up...... Its the offseason and it shouldn't take long to pull the trigger and make a great hire if there wasn't something else deterring candidates. Just like the HC position and we settled for Lemonis. I hope Lemonis turns out great and I am sure he will, but Cohen promised elite coaches and so far he has botched it up if that was the goal.

vCash
    Ignorant comment, I know all the hires Cohen has made, Just never felt the need to post on it till he botched up the entire baseball hire and didn't deliver on his promise. I can promise you, if Cohen and Lemonis wasn't getting turned down left and right, then they would have their pitching coach. The timeframe and lack of interest is concerning to me. Something doesn't add up...... Its the offseason and it shouldn't take long to pull the trigger and make a great hire if there wasn't something else deterring candidates. Just like the HC position and we settled for Lemonis. I hope Lemonis turns out great and I am sure he will, but Cohen promised elite coaches and so far he has botched it up if that was the goal.
    How do you know that this is a botched hire, The man hasn't coached a game yet, and JT Ginn signed after he was hired ( I think ).

vCash
    Think about it. We play in the toughest conference in America, there's a ton of pressure to win a natty, and a former player/coach is the AD. We also didn't hire a coach that took us to the CWS in a season of turmoil. I would imagine that's a bit of a red flag for a lot of coaches. It's a really demanding job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Think about it. We play in the toughest conference in America, there's a ton of pressure to win a natty, and a former player/coach is the AD. We also didn't hire a coach that took us to the CWS in a season of turmoil. I would imagine that's a bit of a red flag for a lot of coaches. It's a really demanding job.
    Its also a really high paying job. I realize money isn't everything but you would think one could suffer a little scrutiny and Cohen for a few years until they got tired of it. I don't know that's just my opinion and you have an asshole too.

vCash
    I'm sure Stewart is pacing the floor in his house concerned about his obvious lack of sensitivity to the fan base of Miss State. Our feelings are important and we have a right to know about his personal choices that affect his future. Damn, he is sooooo selfish!. The same goes for Cohen, we gots to know. How can he expect us to be productive adults without knowing who our pitching coach will be. Damn him. **

Some of you need to change your diapers.

vCash
    You can promise this? Do you have proof of something you aren't sharing? Or do you really just have no clue what you're talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    Its also a really high paying job. I realize money isn't everything but you would think one could suffer a little scrutiny and Cohen for a few years until they got tired of it. I don't know that's just my opinion and you have an asshole too.
    Is it really that high a paying job though? We went cheap with Lemonis. Certainly not bottom of the barrel cheap but compared to the top coaches in the country, we did. He's also the lowest paid coach in the division (minus Bama). And those top jobs aren't as demanding as ours. Coaches are being paid more at less demanding and easier jobs.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 07-13-2018 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Is it really that high a paying job though? We went cheap with Lemonis. Certainly not bottom of the barrel cheap but compared to the top coaches in the country, we did. He's also the lowest paid coach in the division (minus Bama). And those top jobs aren't as demanding as ours. Coaches are being paid more at less demanding and easier jobs.
    We only went cheap with Lemonis because we could--we were probably willing to make Schloss or McDonnell the highest paid coach in America. And we probably have that same philosophy towards the pitching coach.

vCash
    Last I checked only Yeskie has turned us down and that was not a good fit to begin with. I’m thinking we will get Foxhall and if we do I’m not going to freak out about our pitching coach situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Uh, there are lots of colleges NOT located in big cities. Whatever the issues, I doubt this is a major one for most coaches.
    If you think Starkville is small go to Clemson. It only has one street. But then of course it has the mountains and Lake Hartwell and half of New Jersey there also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    We only went cheap with Lemonis because we could--we were probably willing to make Schloss or McDonnell the highest paid coach in America. And we probably have that same philosophy towards the pitching coach.
    But, there's a pattern here with Cohen hires. I'm sure we'll pay our pitching coach. But he won't be he highest paid in the division. Yeskie might have been. But that's my point. We're only offering that huge salary to certain people. The others aren't getting that offer and may not want to deal with that pressure. Plus, like someone else said, baseball coaches aren't like football coaches. They don't chase the money nearly as much.

vCash
    I think I will go look for another Bully13 post..

vCash
    POLK WAS RIGHT WE SHOULDA HIRED RAFFO!!!!!****

vCash
    But, there's a pattern here with Cohen hires. I'm sure we'll pay our pitching coach. But he won't be he highest paid in the division. Yeskie might have been. But that's my point. We're only offering that huge salary to certain people. The others aren't getting that offer and may not want to deal with that pressure. Plus, like someone else said, baseball coaches aren't like football coaches. They don't chase the money nearly as much.
    Why should we overpay someone based on their resume just to show how much we WILL pay if it is needed? We gave Lemonis a heck of a bump from what Indiana was paying him and if he accomplishes big things at MSU I'm sure we will open up the checkbook in a big way for him just like we did for Coach Schaefer. If we did bring him in at an inflated salary and he doesn't work out it would just cost us that much more to move him out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    If he was going JUCO, why wouldn?t he already of decided? The only thing that seems to be holding him up from going JUCO is us hiring a pitching coach. This means he?s at least thinking of going the college baseball route. The longer he waits I think the better it is for us.
    Could be waiting on us to make a pitching coach hire, or he might be getting a few doctors opinion about whatever the braves were concerned about. Depending on what they tell him is the best approach might impact what he wants to do.

vCash
    So from what I understand Cohen said he would pay the new pitching coach whatever it takes but obviously he would make less than Lemonis. Lemonis makes 500k the first uear and then bumps up to 600k or something the next or something to that effect. Now I don?t know what your pulling in and it?s none of my business but in my world if I was making between 200-500k it would be considered a high paying job. And I am also assuming that this range would be on the upper end for pitching coaches in the SEC or at the very least a good salary. I may be wrong and if so feel free to correct me because I am not sure what the average salary for pitching coaches is.