Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi State Night at Sun Trust Park: Atlanta vs Colorado

vCash

Mississippi State Night at Sun Trust Park: Atlanta vs Colorado

https://www.mlb.com/braves/tickets/s...ate-university

I just placed my order. You get good seats, and you get this co branded hat:

vCash
    Please excuse my ignorance as I have not lived in Mississippi for almost 3 decades and love the Cardinals. I did do a fair amount of business with SunTrust until recently, where is SunTrust Park?

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance as I have not lived in Mississippi for almost 3 decades and love the Cardinals. I did do a fair amount of business with SunTrust until recently, where is SunTrust Park?
    Atlanta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Atlanta
    That explains it. Not a fan of the team or town. Mighty nice of them though. Go Braves, for tonight.

vCash
    Also the MSU scholarship fund gets 3
    $3 for every ticket bought through the MSU ticket package. I bought my wife and I tickets also.

Banned
    vCash
    That's a kick ass deal. So nice of them to not do the traditional Braves logo too which looks very similar to Alabama's logo.

vCash
    Awesome cap, was going to buy the $22 package just to get the hat but looks like you have to actually show up to get the hat since the only deliver options for the tickets is the mobile app.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    That's a kick ass deal. So nice of them to not do the traditional Braves logo too which looks very similar to Alabama's logo.
    Yes it does, and so does Arkansas's.

I was wondering about the "a" on the cap. Is that a new look or a special one just for this cap? I've never seen it before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

I was wondering about the "a" on the cap. Is that a new look or a special one just for this cap? I've never seen it before.
    It's based off their hats from the '70s.

vCash

It's the one they used in 74 when Aaron broke the record. Not sure how many years it was the official logo but it's showed back up periodically since

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Also the MSU scholarship fund gets 3
    $3 for every ticket bought through the MSU ticket package. I bought my wife and I tickets also.
    Don't forget to buy a parking pass. I think you need to pre-purchase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post

OK, thanks. We used to go to Braves games fairly regularly when Murph was there and I don't remember it looking like that. Shows how observant I am.

We were at what I think was the longest game in MLB history. It was on July 4, and there was supposed to be fireworks and a Beach Boys concert afterward. It went something like 26 innings. We left early after it was obvious the post-game event were going to be either canceled or woul happen in the very wee hours, listened to the game on the way home and it was still going when we got back to Huntsville.

vCash
    OK, thanks. We used to go to Braves games fairly regularly when Murph was there and I don't remember it looking like that. Shows how observant I am.

We were at what I think was the longest game in MLB history. It was on July 4, and there was supposed to be fireworks and a Beach Boys concert afterward. It went something like 26 innings. We left early after it was obvious the post-game event were going to be either canceled or woul happen in the very wee hours, listened to the game on the way home and it was still going when we got back to Huntsville.
    That was the rick camp homer game. If I'm not mistaken it ended at 4am and they still shot off the fireworks. Braves lost.

vCash

That color scheme was before my time. This was the color scheme when I first started watching the Braves:

North Carolina wore all blue that looked like this in the supers against Stetson. They were sharp!

The Braves went to the current color scheme around 1987 or so:

vCash
    The Braves in those days were always giving away things to fans to encourage them to come, which at the time might not be too many since they didn't win many games. One night they gave away cylindrical plastic coolers, that when collapsed were more like a disc. Everybody in the stadium turned them into noise makers by slapping them together (I guess sort of an early version of "thunder sticks"). They probably never had those for giveaways again.

vCash
    BTW, Dale Murphy is my favorite ball player of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    That was the rick camp homer game. If I'm not mistaken it ended at 4am and they still shot off the fireworks. Braves lost.
    I thought they canceled the fireworks, but they may have gone on as scheduled. I guess it's hard, and maybe dangerous, to dismantle large fireworks setups. They definitely canceled the Beach Boys concert.

I think we got home around 2 a.m. Central so yeah, the game would have gone on another hour after we got home. It was hot as blazes that game too.

vCash
    BTW, Dale Murphy is my favorite ball player of all time.
    Without a doubt. And he was very kid-friendly, and a very nice guy to the fans. That's one reason he was so well liked.

vCash
    Just noticed that his baseball card has his posititon as Catcher. He was always in the outfield as long as I knew about him. He looks very young on that card ... must have been when he first was in the majors. Murph was, and I guess still is, a devout Mormon.

vCash
    I thought they canceled the fireworks, but they may have gone on as scheduled. I guess it's hard, and maybe dangerous, to dismantle large fireworks setups. They definitely canceled the Beach Boys concert.

I think we got home around 2 a.m. Central so yeah, the game would have gone on another hour after we got home. It was hot as blazes that game too.
    https://www.si.com/mlb/strike-zone/2...s-1985-atlanta