Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boneyard Today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet.
    That bullet will be wearing garnet and gold in less than two years. And when that happens, our chances of winning future Tallahassee Regionals just went down exponentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet.
    That bullet will be wearing garnet and gold in less than two years. And when that happens, our chances of winning future Tallahassee Regionals just went down exponentially.

vCash
    If Schloss wanted it and Cohen passed that’s a bad move. At a minimum it’s a bad move initially. Hopefully Lemonis kills it and mitigates the negatives aspects of that decision. It’s like saying we turned down Urban Meyer for JoMo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Might have happened whether we hired him or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    His resume definitely reads like an FSU cosch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Might have happened whether we hired him or not.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Gotta think with our fan support, the new Dude, and SEC money, that our baseball job is at least on par with Free Shoes.

vCash
    Sounds like Schloss was trying to dictate the coaching search, and Cohen ain't playing that game. Can we just move on forward with Lemonis and forget what this was or that was. It's all past history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Maybe Schlossnagle was dick head. Maybe he was arrogant. Maybe since Cohen made a character mistake with Cann, Cohen just wanted time to check the guy out to see if he really did cheat on his wife and to check out his character. Who knows non of us was in the conversation. Ya'll act like Cohen some guy from another state who went to another school who just happen to get the job of AD at Miss State waiting on the next gig. He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. You really think he isn't going to make the best decision for the athletic department that he can? Hell if I was looking to hire someone I wound't let them put me in that position. I would have done the same thing as Cohen.

Ya'll need to let that shit go. It is done and over with and it doesn't do any one any good starting threads about it and the hippy should keep his mouth shut about it. Let's move on and get behind the new coach 100%.
    Jack, I had no idea that you are a Brit. **

I agree with your post. Lemonis will be just fine. If he's not, we'll get another one.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Sounds like Schloss was trying to dictate the coaching search, and Cohen ain't playing that game. Can we just move on forward with Lemonis and forget what this was or that was. It's all past history.
    Great post

vCash
    I have absolutely no inside knowledge or any personal knowledge of Schlossnagle, but I have a feeling you are right. He may have overestimated his value to our program and he very well could be stinging a bit right now. The last thing we need is another coach with a huge ego who thinks he's better than anybody else.

vCash
    I think this is a valid discussion. Cohen works for us essentially. If he let pride get in the way of making the best hire for miss state that's a problem. Personally, I say no way Cohen passed on schloss for lemonis unless money was an issue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe money was an issue. Lemonis likely was $1,000,000 cheaper

If it was a money issue, then it would probably be because Schloss thought his market value was higher than Cohen thought it was. More than $1,000.000, I would think.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 06-29-2018 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He didn't have to announce it. All they had to do was agree on a contract. I believe Steve is wrong on this deal.
    No, because Schloss wanted TCU to be able to move on and name Sarloos before the draft and his usual post season press conference.

vCash
    My guess is Cohen told him we would wait until our postseason run is over and then Schlossnagle leaked that he was withdrawing his name from consideration trying to force Cohen to make a move and Cohen called his bluff.

Scossnagle should have given Henderson and our team the common courtesy of finishing our season IMO.

vCash
    Sounds like two alpha males butted heads from the get go. Cohen didn't say no, but said he'd like to interview a couple more (prob McConnell & Corbin). Alpha Schloss didn't like that and withdrew his name. Realizing alpha Cohen wasn't budging, Schloss knew he wasn't swinging the biggest schlong and tried to get back in the race. Too late, Cohen had already found his man thanks to McConnell. Don't mess with the alpha IB.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He didn't have to announce it. All they had to do was agree on a contract. I believe Steve is wrong on this deal.
    So it's worth hiring a lesse coach just because Schloss attempted to dictate it?

I value winning games more than who dictates a coaching search.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I have absolutely no inside knowledge or any personal knowledge of Schlossnagle, but I have a feeling you are right. He may have overestimated his value to our program and he very well could be stinging a bit right now. The last thing we need is another coach with a huge ego who thinks he's better than anybody else.
    Or maybe Cohen underestimated Schloss' value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My guess is Cohen told him we would wait until our postseason run is over and then Schlossnagle leaked that he was withdrawing his name from consideration trying to force Cohen to make a move and Cohen called his bluff.

Scossnagle should have given Henderson and our team the common courtesy of finishing our season IMO.
    Or Cohen could've just put pride aside and hired the best coach.

Why is everything assumed to be Schloss' fault?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Sounds like two alpha males butted heads from the get go. Cohen didn't say no, but said he'd like to interview a couple more (prob McConnell & Corbin). Alpha Schloss didn't like that and withdrew his name. Realizing alpha Cohen wasn't budging, Schloss knew he wasn't swinging the biggest schlong and tried to get back in the race. Too late, Cohen had already found his man thanks to McConnell. Don't mess with the alpha IB.
    So let me get this straight.

Urban Meyer wanted the job, but Cohen wouldn't hire him because he wanted to interview Saban and Dabo first. Thus he got none of the 3 and hired Moorhead instead.

Your OK with that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So let me get this straight.

Urban Meyer wanted the job, but Cohen wouldn't hire him because he wanted to interview Saban and Dabo first. Thus he got none of the 3 and hired Moorhead instead.

Your OK with that?
    Surely this didn't happen. Surely Cohen would've jumped at the first opportunity to hire one of the big 3