Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boneyard Today

vCash

Boneyard Today

Rosebowl say Schlossnagle wanted the job and would've taken it but he needed a quick decision and Cohen still wanted to interview other people.

I wish Lemonis nothing but the absolute best and believe he could be great, but that's a bold move cotton.

Hope it works out, but I think it's completely fair to critique John's process if Rosebowl is really right.

vCash
    Maybe Schlossnagle was dick head. Maybe he was arrogant. Maybe since Cohen made a character mistake with Cann, Cohen just wanted time to check the guy out to see if he really did cheat on his wife and to check out his character. Who knows non of us was in the conversation. Ya'll act like Cohen some guy from another state who went to another school who just happen to get the job of AD at Miss State waiting on the next gig. He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. You really think he isn't going to make the best decision for the athletic department that he can? Hell if I was looking to hire someone I wound't let them put me in that position. I would have done the same thing as Cohen.

Ya'll need to let that shit go. It is done and over with and it doesn't do any one any good starting threads about it and the hippy should keep his mouth shut about it. Let's move on and get behind the new coach 100%.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 06-29-2018 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Cohen got burned by a guy chasin strange...can't afford to make that hiring mistake again. That's what separates guys like Cohen from someone like Casey. Cohen has some semblance of integrity and holds his position in high enough regard to do what he thinks is rite and best for the program without making a deal with the devil. I can respect that. If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet. I personally think the high road is what separates us from our rival.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more.
    That's a scary thought. Just imagine your average crazy message board poster is now AD.

(I like Cohen. I just thought that was a little scary.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    That's a scary thought. Just imagine your average crazy message board poster is now AD.

(I like Cohen. I just thought that was a little scary.)
    I would think if one of us became AD we would not do what we post.

vCash
    If that's the case then Schlossnagle obviously didn't impress Cohen enough during the interview for Cohen to make a decision.

Why did Schlossnagle need Cohen to make a quick decision?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Cohen got burned by a guy chasin strange...can't afford to make that hiring mistake again. That's what separates guys like Cohen from someone like Casey. Cohen has some semblance of integrity and holds his position in high enough regard to do what he thinks is rite and best for the program without making a deal with the devil. I can respect that. If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet. I personally think the high road is what separates us from our rival.
    Sounds like Mullen, we already had one coach who thought he was better than MSU, I am not excited to get another.

vCash
    Maybe Cohen realized he wasn't the smartest person in the room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Maybe Cohen realized he wasn't the smartest person in the room.
    Cohen must have pooted in your cooter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Cohen must have pooted in your cooter
    Or maybe he missed out on one of the top 3 coaches in America, after talking it all up. Simply because he wouldn't work with Schloss on a timeline.
    But really, I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than a timeline.

vCash
    Or maybe he missed out on one of the top 3 coaches in America, after talking it all up. Simply because he wouldn't work with Schloss on a timeline.
    I wouldve done the same thing he did. No way would I announce the new HC during the middle of our run.

vCash
    Cohen hired a football coach in a couple of days so I have a hard time believing pure speed was an issue.

Now there are numerous ways this could have gone down where nobody is really at fault. We went into the final 3 of the college WS. I totally get why Cohen doesn’t want to disrespect his team by doing the coaching search in a more public setting until we are through. There were other coaches that we wanted to talk to that were in the postseason.

Nobody’s fault that Schloss didn’t make the NCAA this year as had free time much earlier. I think he didn’t want rumors to leak about his interest which could hurt recruiting or lower his leverage with TCU if he didn’t get the job. For his own personal reasons he wanted a quick decision but that wasn’t fair to MSU at the time.

Pure speculation

vCash
    I think this the correct answer. There is no way that Cohen thinks he is the best coach in the country but lets something dumb prevent it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rosebowl say Schlossnagle wanted the job and would've taken it but he needed a quick decision and Cohen still wanted to interview other people.

I wish Lemonis nothing but the absolute best and believe he could be great, but that's a bold move cotton.

Hope it works out, but I think it's completely fair to critique John's process if Rosebowl is really right.
    As it stands right now, if this is the complete story, horrible decision by Cohen. Just flat out horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I think this the correct answer. There is no way that Cohen thinks he is the best coach in the country but lets something dumb prevent it.
    Cohen doesn't think he's the best coach in the country or the best fit for the job. If he did...he'd be the coach

vCash
    If Schloss wasn?t the right fit for MSU then he wasn?t the right fit. Just because someone is successful at one place doesn?t mean it?s going to happen here. I trust Cohen to make the right move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Cohen works quietly and probably expects the same courtesy with interested parties. Wonder how his name got out there that we had spoken to him and why was it put out there. And if he is spilling his misery after the fact then maybe it is just as well it did not come to fruition.

Time to move on. We have a new Coach in place. Lemonis has a great background and I am looking forward to him getting us back to Omaha.

vCash
    If this is the whole story, I can't tell you how mad I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    As it stands right now, if this is the complete story, horrible decision by Cohen. Just flat out horrible.
    Maybe money was an issue. Lemonis likely was $1,000,000 cheaper
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-29-2018 at 04:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I wouldve done the same thing he did. No way would I announce the new HC during the middle of our run.
    He didn't have to announce it. All they had to do was agree on a contract. I believe Steve is wrong on this deal.