Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Boneyard Today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Isn't about the gospel. It's about the timeline and how Schloss has acted and what he's let leak through his agent. You have enough information to pretty much guarantee he's a total dick. That's the last thing we need less than a year after Dan Mullen left the way he did. You fall for the blonde with the big tits every time even though the entire time you're trying to wet your noodle you know she's a raging ****.

Schloss is the type of guy to come in and immediately do away with our MSU baseball logo or something outrageous just to show everyone whose boss.
    May we have pics of this "blonde with big tits" you speak of...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    May we have pics of this "blonde with big tits" you speak of...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    1 -
    You can't let a possible employee dictate terms to your job search regardless of who they are.
    2 -
    Just because someone is considered one of the "BIG 3" doesn't automatically make them the best option for the job.
    3 -
    When you have a potential employee try to continue to dictate terms publicly to force your hand, the employer has to realize that their crap will only get worse once they are there if hired. This has been proven time and again in multiple fields of business.
    4 -
    Verify everything. EVERYTHING. I went through a hiring process once where I felt like I was "the guy" for the position. Even the head of the search group told me that, but said they were going to speak with their other prospects first. They went dead quiet for a couple weeks. During that time, they called my references, asked them for other references, and then asked those people for other references. When they finally extended an offer to me, they told me their entire process and said they felt from the get-go I was their guy, but they owed it to the group they represented to follow through to ensure everything.
    I say all of that to say this - if Schloss wasn't willing to allow the process to work itself to the end, then he wasn't truly what was best for our program in the long term. Either he's a hot-head ego, or was feeling some heat at TCU that we all don't know about that he wants to bail ASAP, or maybe has some skeletons he doesn't want found from an exhaustive search.
    Very good post. #1 is the bottom line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol... whatever. If there were a poll here 3 weeks ago asking who everyone prefers between schloss and lemonis, what you think the results would look like? Just find it crazy everyone now says lemonis is the better candidate.

I'm not against lemonis. I think he will do well here... hell, who hasn't done well here? Fact remains... schloss is clearly a better coach than lemonis currently
    Oh I agree. On the surface I would def prefer shloss. But there's a reason he's not our coach. None of us know the multiple exact reason

This thread makes it appear that certain posters were goin the Umiss route of pokin their chest out about our big time program and pulling in THE top coach and then when "their" guy didn't get hired their feelings/pride got hurt and by George it's gotta be somebody's fault....Cohen

And I won't put it past those same posters to mention it repeatedly when we inevitabily face some struggles next yr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Oh I agree. On the surface I would def prefer shloss. But there's a reason he's not our coach. None of us know the multiple exact reason

This thread makes it appear that certain posters were goin the Umiss route of pokin their chest out about our big time program and pulling in THE top coach and then when "their" guy didn't get hired their feelings/pride got hurt and by George it's gotta be somebody's fault....Cohen

And I won't put it past those same posters to mention it repeatedly when we inevitabily face some struggles next yr.
    Lots of truth in that post regarding bloviating. Some break their arms patting themselves on the back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is garbage. You can question the AD, and still support the AD's choice for coach. Why would me or any state fan not support lemonis? I/they wouldn't
    Thank you!***

vCash
    Congratulations, Shotgun on initiating another one of your threads that is past history, has no substance, but with the purpose of getting arguments started and at the end of the day doesn't accomplish anything, or help our baseball program move forward.

I believe you left a key part out, of what Steve said. . He also said that his interpretation was that he thought Schloss was trying to play hardball with Cohen, and that was a mistake on Schloss' part. So apprently you have no clue about the employer and a potential employee job interview process. If you are an employee and you are trying to dictate (trying to play hardball) how the interview will go and you make demands, then you will probably be left at the bus stop trying to catch that bus that just sped by you. The employer does not have to hire you . No matter how great you may think you are. And Cohen is not going to play that game with a potential coaching prospect. No matter who they are. You play that game, and you lose. Simple as that. Just like a normal employer, in the business sector, would react in the same type scenario. Do you really want somebody like that leading our baseball program? Yeah, you and few others probably would. Oh, yeah and interviewing several other coaches to see who is the best fit for our baseball program, probably doesn't make sense to you either.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 06-29-2018 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We might be the ones who lost.

And we might not be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Jack, I had no idea that you are a Brit. **

I agree with your post. Lemonis will be just fine. If he's not, we'll get another one.
    i also call Cigarette fags.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    i also call Cigarette fags.
    When did Preacher start smoking?***

vCash
    Funny stuff about Cohen and Schloss, somebody has to be the boss, we've had one coach who thought he invented baseball at Msu and need no guidance. Schloss is the loser not Msu in this situation.

Lemonis is not a home run hire as far as "name coach" but he's gonna win, let's hope it's enough. I do know he understands Msu baseball history, Lastly, it sure does seem like Schloss has a lot of Ron Polk personality when it comes to ego.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post

All I know is that if Schloss wanted the job and Cohen was convinced he was the right hire he WOULD HAVE HIRED HIM. No, he wouldn't have needed to interview others and no, he wouldn't have waited until our season was over to make the hire (even if he didn't announce it). Our baseball job is good but I don't believe its so much better than a bunch of other P5 HC jobs that you can just tell people 'don't call us, we'll call you'. If Schloss set a timetable for which he needed to know something (which I personally don't see as unreasonable) and Cohen didn't meet it, then Cohen wasn't sold on hiring him in the first place as far as I'm concerned.

vCash
    Schlossnagle is a name hire and a better overall coach than Mullen, but from reading tea leaves, he could be as big of a pain in the ass as Mullen was. I could definitely see him playing all kinds of games and when a Texas or Florida or Florida St. job came open in a bigger city, he bales on us.

Look at TCU message boards when the rumors were going. It seemed like they had been going through this stuff with him previously and a lot of them were tired of it and ready for him to move on. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. Cohen.
    So was Stricklin
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rosebowl say Schlossnagle wanted the job and would've taken it but he needed a quick decision and Cohen still wanted to interview other people.

I wish Lemonis nothing but the absolute best and believe he could be great, but that's a bold move cotton.

Hope it works out, but I think it's completely fair to critique John's process if Rosebowl is really right.
    Sounds like Cohen established the whole ?I?m the boss, you are not? theory. The bold move is acting as if the decision maker operates on the applicants time schedule.