Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boneyard Today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Boneyard Today

Rosebowl say Schlossnagle wanted the job and would've taken it but he needed a quick decision and Cohen still wanted to interview other people.

I wish Lemonis nothing but the absolute best and believe he could be great, but that's a bold move cotton.

Hope it works out, but I think it's completely fair to critique John's process if Rosebowl is really right.

vCash
    Maybe Schlossnagle was dick head. Maybe he was arrogant. Maybe since Cohen made a character mistake with Cann, Cohen just wanted time to check the guy out to see if he really did cheat on his wife and to check out his character. Who knows non of us was in the conversation. Ya'll act like Cohen some guy from another state who went to another school who just happen to get the job of AD at Miss State waiting on the next gig. He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. You really think he isn't going to make the best decision for the athletic department that he can? Hell if I was looking to hire someone I wound't let them put me in that position. I would have done the same thing as Cohen.

Ya'll need to let that shit go. It is done and over with and it doesn't do any one any good starting threads about it and the hippy should keep his mouth shut about it. Let's move on and get behind the new coach 100%.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 06-29-2018 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more.
    That's a scary thought. Just imagine your average crazy message board poster is now AD.

(I like Cohen. I just thought that was a little scary.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    That's a scary thought. Just imagine your average crazy message board poster is now AD.

(I like Cohen. I just thought that was a little scary.)
    I would think if one of us became AD we would not do what we post.

vCash
    Maybe Schlossnagle was dick head. Maybe he was arrogant. Maybe since Cohen made a character mistake with Cann, Cohen just wanted time to check the guy out to see if he really did cheat on his wife and to check out his character. Who knows non of us was in the conversation. Ya'll act like Cohen some guy from another state who went to another school who just happen to get the job of AD at Miss State waiting on the next gig. He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. You really think he isn't going to make the best decision for the athletic department that he can? Hell if I was looking to hire someone I wound't let them put me in that position. I would have done the same thing as Cohen.

Ya'll need to let that shit go. It is done and over with and it doesn't do any one any good starting threads about it and the hippy should keep his mouth shut about it. Let's move on and get behind the new coach 100%.
    Jack, I had no idea that you are a Brit. **

I agree with your post. Lemonis will be just fine. If he's not, we'll get another one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Jack, I had no idea that you are a Brit. **

I agree with your post. Lemonis will be just fine. If he's not, we'll get another one.
    i also call Cigarette fags.

vCash
    i also call Cigarette fags.
    When did Preacher start smoking?***

Banned
    vCash

Due diligence takes time. If Schloss REALLY wanted the job, he should have kept his name in the hat. He may have pulled out early knowing IB was likely going to find out something about him he didn't want known publicly. I don't think the IB will be played twice!

vCash
    He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. Cohen.
    So was Stricklin
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Cohen got burned by a guy chasin strange...can't afford to make that hiring mistake again. That's what separates guys like Cohen from someone like Casey. Cohen has some semblance of integrity and holds his position in high enough regard to do what he thinks is rite and best for the program without making a deal with the devil. I can respect that. If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet. I personally think the high road is what separates us from our rival.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Cohen got burned by a guy chasin strange...can't afford to make that hiring mistake again. That's what separates guys like Cohen from someone like Casey. Cohen has some semblance of integrity and holds his position in high enough regard to do what he thinks is rite and best for the program without making a deal with the devil. I can respect that. If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet. I personally think the high road is what separates us from our rival.
    Sounds like Mullen, we already had one coach who thought he was better than MSU, I am not excited to get another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet.
    That bullet will be wearing garnet and gold in less than two years. And when that happens, our chances of winning future Tallahassee Regionals just went down exponentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    That bullet will be wearing garnet and gold in less than two years. And when that happens, our chances of winning future Tallahassee Regionals just went down exponentially.
    Might have happened whether we hired him or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Might have happened whether we hired him or not.
    Maybe. Maybe not. Gotta think with our fan support, the new Dude, and SEC money, that our baseball job is at least on par with Free Shoes.

vCash
    His resume definitely reads like an FSU cosch

vCash
    That may be so, but our chances of beating FSU are not going down exponentially. BTO you have not been watching MSU baseball lately!

vCash
    If that's the case then Schlossnagle obviously didn't impress Cohen enough during the interview for Cohen to make a decision.

Why did Schlossnagle need Cohen to make a quick decision?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    If that's the case then Schlossnagle obviously didn't impress Cohen enough during the interview for Cohen to make a decision.

Why did Schlossnagle need Cohen to make a quick decision?
    Pretty simple Schloss was trying to pressure Cohen into a quick decision to preclude any further candidate interviews. That was indicated by his attempt to get back in the job consideration after IB told him he was going to interview other candidates. Schloss tried to play bluff poker with the Intense Bastard and lost his house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Pretty simple Schloss was trying to pressure Cohen into a quick decision to preclude any further candidate interviews. That was indicated by his attempt to get back in the job consideration after IB told him he was going to interview other candidates. Schloss tried to play bluff poker with the Intense Bastard and lost his house.
    We might be the ones who lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We might be the ones who lost.
    Exactly.