Thread: Well the IB replied to a email I sent him.....

Banned
    vCash

Well the IB replied to a email I sent him.....

.....To keep things in context, I spent my working years as a Quality Engineer and Manager. So, basically I was trained to detect flaws and in business acumen, called non conformances. Usually blue prints were involved and product measured and inspected against them to validate correct manufacturing of parts/assemblies received from suppliers. I worked in two main industries.....Automotive and Medical Device manufacturing. So to make a long story short, on my first visit to the new Dudy Noble Field earlier this season, something caught my eye as abnormal to the stadium construction. Puzzled me at first, but later I mentioned it here on this board, and a couple of you chimed in they had noticed it also. I'm not going to say what it is, but if you notice any additional unusual activity involving the stadium contractor working on the main grandstand, then you'll likely figure it out. I emailed the intense bastard about it, plus I additionally mentioned I supported whoever he selected as our new HC......Below is his exact reply I recently received. I had told him in my email that if I were him, I would not sign off acceptance of the stadium until said issue was resolved. Not going to be a cheap fix, but can be rectified before the season starts next year. Should be interesting to see what actually happens.

"Xxxxx,

Thanks so much for your email. I have talked to our project manager Ches Frederic about this issue and he believes it will be resolved. Really appreciate your support. Thanks again."

vCash
    There is something about the seating / rows. I can't remember exactly what it was but a row number missing and spacing is off on some rows.
    I thought it was because they tried to used some of the existing structure to save money... or did the tear the whole structure down to the ground been a year ago and can't remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fccee1 View Post
    There is something about the seating / rows. I can't remember exactly what it was but a row number missing and spacing is off on some rows.
    I thought it was because they tried to used some of the existing structure to save money... or did the tear the whole structure down to the ground been a year ago and can't remember.

I think they tore everything down but the bottom 3 or 4 rows on top of the dugout. I could be wrong but seems like that was the case.

vCash
    Can the anomoly be seen in the pictures we're able to see from the contractor? Or have the conveniently placed the cameras where it couldn't be seen?

I remember when you (or someone, I suppose you) brought it up a couple of weeks ago but don't remember specifically what it was. Something about rows matching up, or something of the sort.

vCash
    Seating rows aren?t straight or something.

vCash
    I think the seat thing everyone is talking about is that the first 4 rows we kept from the old stadium are at a steeper pitch than the newer grandstand seating built behind them on the lower level. Its really not noticeable at all when there are butts in the seats.

The thing that brings out the a.d.d. in me is that the new walkway from the Hump ramp to the tower behind 1st base isn't level. Its kind of hard to tell from the camera behind home plate but its easily seen from the road by the right field entrance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I think the seat thing everyone is talking about is that the first 4 rows we kept from the old stadium are at a steeper pitch than the newer grandstand seating built behind them on the lower level. Its really not noticeable at all when there are butts in the seats.

The thing that brings out the a.d.d. in me is that the new walkway from the Hump ramp to the tower behind 1st base isn't level. Its kind of hard to tell from the camera behind home plate but its easily seen from the road by the right field entrance.
    Isn't the north end of the football stadium kind of skewed or something?

vCash

Would it be sloped for rain runoff or anything like that or is this a legitimate screw up?

Banned
    vCash
    Thanks for this Pit Bull. I't would be nice to get some updates on this from time to time.

Banned
    vCash

Bingo......those rows are certainly functional and probably not too noticeable when people occupy those seats. I'm likely a little anal on stuff like that, but when you spend 55 million, you almost expect perfection. We have a great stadium and hopefully the contractor will resolve it as John said in his email. Might involve some jack hammering and some reconcreting, but like spending 30,000+ on a new truck and the doors won't close right or the paint job has a ripple in it.