Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cohen on Bo Bounds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    "Woe is me. John Cohen promised us and didn't keep his promise."

Yall sound like a damn teenage girl. Shit happens. Things change. This is obviously the best guy Cohen could get, so get behind it
    It’s obvious that our top choices were Schloss and McDonnell. But when Cohen couldn’t land McDonnell, he probably asked Dan who he would recommend and McDonnell really talked up Lemonis. Cohen did his due diligence on Lemonis interviewed him and obviously came away really impressed. This is a Cohen type hire in line with Moorhead. Personally, I really like the hire and think he will do really well here. I’m sure he will also impress in the press conference as well. He’s a guy who I could see 10+ years here with multiple CWS trips. If he can get the elite talent here like his resume suggests, he will win a Natty here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    So he wasn't seriously coaching those regional teams? Can you hear yourself?
    No - what I am saying is is that those who feel like we "deserve" or were "promised" an "Elite" coach are discounting the ability it takes to get Indiana to a regional 3 out of 4 years because he isn't what was "promised".
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It’s obvious that our top choices were Schloss and McDonnell. But when Cohen couldn’t land McDonnell, he probably asked Dan who he would recommend and McDonnell really talked up Lemonis. Cohen did his due diligence on Lemonis interviewed him and obviously came away really impressed. This is a Cohen type hire in line with Moorhead. Personally, I really like the hire and think he will do really well here. I’m sure he will also impress in the press conference as well. He’s a guy who I could see 10+ years here with multiple CWS trips. If he can get the elite talent here like his resume suggests, he will win a Natty here.
    +1

vCash
    Let the guy at least put the cap on first.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Indiana is a shitty baseball program and he went to 3 regionals in 4 years.
    Only because the NCAA pulls in northern teams on purpose. He?s struggled to win in a terrible conference. He?s basically a 5th place coach in the worst P5 conference in America. It?s a tremendously underwhelming hire based on his coaching success. He is a good recruiter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Only because the NCAA pulls in northern teams on purpose. He?s struggled to win in a terrible conference. He?s basically a 5th place coach in the worst P5 conference in America. It?s a tremendously underwhelming hire based on his coaching success. He is a good recruiter.
    Finish in his conference is concerning to me...
    6th
    Tie 3rd
    6th
    5th

vCash

Yall sound like a damn teenage girl. Shit happens. Things change. This is obviously the best guy Cohen could get, so get behind it
    After sleeping on it and realizing THIS is the right answer, I'm all in. No top coach in the country is coming to MSU, ever... even if we build the best baseball stadium in the country... so be it. And it doesn't just pertain to baseball... Howland was out of coaching, Bellard was a has been & Jackie had baggage. Our hiring will always be either up-and-comers (Mullen) or all we can get (Croom, Ray), hopefully Lemonis will turn out to be more of the former than the ladder.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 06-25-2018 at 08:48 AM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash

Butch Thompson also turned it down. MSU offered him and Auburn matched

and he stayed.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    and he stayed.
    How many were offered?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Boy, man you never give up. I’ll be willing to bet he wins 40+ games next year and you will be proven wrong in the long run on this.

vCash
    Look, anybody can get us to a regional- ANYBODY. Every coach we’ve had has gotten us to either a super or a CWS. Can this guy do more? Doesn’t appear so from his coaching record. But, maybe our resources making him better. Our fans are absolutely split on him, so anything short of a super next year is a failure right off the bat (barring injuries etc.). He’s coming into a demanding job. We’ll find out pretty fast if he can handle it. He certainly can’t be worse than the last baseball hire Cohen made.

vCash
    Boy, man you never give up. I’ll be willing to bet he wins 40+ games next year and you will be proven wrong in the long run on this.
    Henderson won 39 starting in an 0-3 hole. 40 wins is expected

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    and he stayed.
    He will also be fired from Auburn. That was a dumb ass move by Thompson if we offered him. Auburn is a hard place to win at and once he misses two regionals in a row (which he will when turnover happens) he will be fired.

vCash

I can't be 100% sure on Schloss or McDonnell although I think you have to be pretty

naive to think they weren't. Godwin, I'm not sure on that one at all. Thompson happened and I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 06-25-2018 at 09:27 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash

I'm more underwhelmed than not, but I'm also behind it. He's they guy so he has my support. So, now let's spend the next decade hosting 7 times, making 5 SRs, 4 trips to CWS and win one or four!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Name the coaches that would want their AD on the radio ripping decisions and the play on the field? I think Cohen needs to back off a little. We can handle that on here, LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    When you have convinced yourself that we were going to land a Corbin, Schloss or McDonnell, then 3 regionals in 4 years at a Big10 school isn't "serious head coaching experience"
    There?s your problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    John sure seems to put and emphasis on recruiting. Cann first and now Semonis, who John thinks is the best. Hey, I like that he's going after a good recruiter. Hope the guy can coach but more importantly develop that talent or hire guys who
    can.
    Just how much Xing and Oing is there in baseball. It is about players and most importantly pitchers. He with the best pitchers win the game. So an elite recruiter is the ticket. Sign the best be the best. Fill in the lineup card and put them out on the diamond

Banned
    vCash
    CWS app. - check
    Head Coaching exp - check

What exactly did he lie about? He said hall of fame level coaches were interested, not that we would hire one. We got our hopes up and this is what happens when you get your hopes up.
    Good post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    There?s your problem.
    Well I guess he should have blew off what Cohen was selling us.