Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting... Schloss still in play?

vCash

Interesting... Schloss still in play?

vCash
    We beat the dead horse on Schloss last thread. Got to be McDonnell this time **

vCash
    It's most definitely Godwin **

vCash
    I'm glad Cohen took my advice and never gave up.

vCash
    Corbin***

vCash
    We are 3 games away from a Natty. I don’t honestly care who gets the job at this point. I will next week but right now, I just want to win dammit! It is beyond time to get over the damn hump with this! Just win!
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    We beat the dead horse on Schloss last thread. Got to be McDonnell this time **
    Heard that JC was at the local tire store in Cleveland trying to get Lou Brown to come to Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    We are 3 games away from a Natty. I don’t honestly care who gets the job at this point. I will next week but right now, I just want to win dammit! It is beyond time to get over the damn hump with this! Just win!
    This is the correct answer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Heard that JC was at the local tire store in Cleveland trying to get Lou Brown to come to Starkville.
    Rumor is we're competing with a dry wall job.**

vCash
    Here's maybe a different take on all this:

I will never, ever forgive Cann for creating this distraction. If I ever meet him, I will not shake his hand and I hope he is blackballed from baseball forever. Of course, the Yankees will probably throw him a bone and make him a scout again.

While in some ways I think the interim situation has motivated our guys I think it has also distracted from the experience and has placed a lot of lingering attention on the coaching search when it should be 100% about the team and the season that they are having. And yes, this has mostly been about the team- I would say 90% of the attention has been given to the team. But it still sucks that they aren't getting the other 10%.

I hope we win it all- like I do every year- but I hope it makes Cann absolutely sick when he sees us dogpiling and he's in some gym bragging to some meathead about how much he can deadlift who doesn't really give a shit about Cann's max.

vCash
    Seeing the positional talent we have and will have back next season has to be pretty appealing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I will never, ever forgive Cann for creating this distraction. If I ever meet him, I will not shake his hand and I hope he is blackballed from baseball forever. Of course, the Yankees will probably throw him a bone and make him a scout again.

While in some ways I think the interim situation has motivated our guys I think it has also distracted from the experience and has placed a lot of lingering attention on the coaching search when it should be 100% about the team and the season that they are having. And yes, this has mostly been about the team- I would say 90% of the attention has been given to the team. But it still sucks that they aren't getting the other 10%.

I hope we win it all- like I do every year- but I hope it makes Cann absolutely sick when he sees us dogpiling and he's in some gym bragging to some meathead about how much he can deadlift who doesn't really give a shit about Cann's max.
    If he does become a scout again, you know he would push for Florida area.

Banned
    vCash
    It's Showalter.....No doubt!!***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Seeing the positional talent we have and will have back next season has to be pretty appealing.
    Lot of freshmen getting a lot of PT......good!!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    If he does become a scout again, you know he would push for Florida area.
    He hurt our players, our coaches, our admin, our school, and our fans. The dude has some kind of mental sickness.....maybe like Tiger Woods. He should move to Hattiesburg and get help at that specialty hospital for sex addicts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    He hurt our players, our coaches, our admin, our school, and our fans. The dude has some kind of mental sickness.....maybe like Tiger Woods. He should move to Hattiesburg and get help at that specialty hospital for sex addicts.
    They put all the sex addicts together? Hypothetically speaking....where would one go to find this place?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Exactly. We should have coaches lining up to offer the university money for the opportunity to coach our team.***

vCash
    Rumor is we're competing with a dry wall job.**
    That would be WHITE walls. Lou has a guy on the other line about some white walls. But he assures us he will call us back later.

vCash
    Unlikely speculation - what if this supposed specific point that Cohen wouldn't budge on with Schloss the first time around was keeping Henderson on as pitching coach? I only pose this because I heard in passing last night (no idea where this information originated or if there's anything to it) that Henderson's recently expressed interest in staying on is as pitching coach, not head coach.

vCash

Funny story. Last year at the Jackson Extravaganza my thirteen year old son and I walked up to the table where Cann was giving autographs. I didn't relies he was vain as he is. After I said hi my son said Dad you are way bigger then him. The look on his face was priceless. I was not impress with Cann size. He is short and not all that define. I guess I am use to seeing meat heads in the gym. I really don't feel all the big until I see a photo of me and my wife. I am 53 and have lost a good bit of my muscle mass. I can still bench 400 one. It is a lot harder now then before. I use to be able to do it three to five times. Back in the 90's WCW was in town and some of their wrestlers were in Golds Gym where I worked out at the time and I got to spot the Bigger Steiner brother. Those guys are big.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 06-20-2018 at 10:10 AM.