Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just How Bad Was Home Plat Umpire Tonight?

vCash

Just How Bad Was Home Plat Umpire Tonight?

I know there are some posts in game thread, but this needs its own thread. He was awful!

vCash
    Yes he was!

Banned
    vCash
    Worst I've seen in a long time.

vCash
    probably ok for a midweek game.. not acceptable.. but could overlook it...

However, at a Super Regional winner takes all game??? Awful
    LFC YNWA

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    He wasn't cheating either. He was just absolute dogshit all the way around. College game too fast for him.

vCash
    Middle part of the game vandy fouls a ball straight back and he hands a ball to Skelton...stuck it in his mit. The foul ball rolls back under Skelton's feet and Skelton grabs it with his bare hand and turns around and throws the foul ball back to the pitcher. He then gives the ball the ump gave him back to the ump. The ump...thinking it's the foul ball...looks it over and the throws it outta play like it was scuffed. I knew then that he was a complete clown that was in it to be seen and we were in for a long nite.

vCash
    He was turrible. And it'd be one thing if he was consistently terrible for both sides, but it seems like his zone would expand when we were batting and shrink when we were pitching. That called strikeout on MacNamee with the bases loaded was ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Worst I've seen in a long time.
    That's for damn sure. He was absolutely atrocious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    That's for damn sure. He was absolutely atrocious.
    Overall, the officiating crew for tonight's winner take all game was just plain bad.. And it's ridiculous that post-season baseball doesn't have expanded review
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Overall, the officiating crew for tonight's winner take all game was just plain bad.. And it's ridiculous that post-season baseball doesn't have expanded review
    Oh, for sure. That play at first where the guy's foot came off the bag was really ****ing bad.

vCash
    I actually thought they were good. Except behind the plate. Games 1 & 2 were about as good as can be expected in the college game. Game 1 was tight and last nite a little lose but tonite was horrible both ways. First base ump got several close calls correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Oh, for sure. That play at first where the guy's foot came off the bag was really ****ing bad.
    Yeah.. absolute BS that something like that can't be reviewed
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I actually thought they were good. Except behind the plate. Games 1 & 2 were about as good as can be expected in the college game. Game 1 was tight and last nite a little lose but tonite was horrible both ways. First base ump got several close calls correct.
    Several appeals to 1st and 3rd for checked swing were incorrect.. but without review, I can see your point
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Yeah.. absolute BS that something like that can't be reviewed
    Did you see an angle on tv that clearly showed he was off...I didn't. If anything the shitty angle they showed made it look like he held the bag. Remember his foot only has to be on the bag the split second he catches it, which I believe it did, after that he can come off all he wants...which I again believe he did.

vCash
    Did you see an angle on tv that clearly showed he was off...I didn't. If anything the shitty angle they showed made it look like he held the bag. Remember his foot only has to be on the bag the split second he catches it, which I believe it did, after that he can come off all he wants...which I again believe he did.
    Were you the first base ump tonight? Sorry if I offended lol

Point was that it should be a reviewable play.. camera angles would follow.. see college football
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Were you the first base ump tonight? Sorry if I offended lol

Point was that it should be a reviewable play.. camera angles would follow.. see college football
    Ha...I just thought he got every close call correct. Including Jordan barely beating out his hit in the 11th.

And I'm strongly against replay in baseball in most instances. It has hurt the MLB game.

vCash
    Ha...I just thought he got every close call correct. Including Jordan barely beating out his hit in the 11th.

And I'm strongly against replay in baseball in most instances. It has hurt the MLB game.
    I can dig that.. I guess... if we're going to go that way then plays that are reviewable in the regular season should be reviewable in post-season play
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I can dig that.. I guess... if we're going to go that way then plays that are reviewable in the regular season should be reviewable in post-season play
    Def agree there. Mixing and matching when and what can be reviewed is stupid. Just like most college umps

vCash
    He was bad enough I would have gotten tossed in the first inning after he called a strike down the middle a ball on JB where even the runners for Vanderbilt were headed back to the dugout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He was bad enough I would have gotten tossed in the first inning after he called a strike down the middle a ball on JB where even the runners for Vanderbilt were headed back to the dugout.
    Hey Coach/AD Cohen... I'm glad Henderson had a more even keel tonight than that.. *******************
    LFC YNWA