Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we redouble our efforts on Schloss and/or McDonnell?

vCash

Should we redouble our efforts on Schloss and/or McDonnell?

Yes. Keep going back to them with better and better offers until one just can't say no. Don't give up and don't settle for a lesser choice.

Neither TCU or Louisville has our SEC money, our stadium, or our fanbase. Eventually one of them will crack and take the job.

Remember how Alabama didn't take a "no" from Saban.

vCash
    That could get embarrassing....

...unless it worked, of course.

vCash
    I’d go full guns a blazing at Schlossnagle. He’d be more likely to leave then McDonnell. Just my opinion though.

vCash
    The thing about Schoss is his personal situation. Wasn't there a rumor about infidelity. He might not be in a position to move.

vCash
    I'd offer a contract for $2M/year and make them walk away. If they walk away add $200K to it until they sign.

vCash
    Yall gettin' crazy now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The thing about Schoss is his personal situation. Wasn't there a rumor about infidelity. He might not be in a position to move.
    And that may be why he took his name out of the hat. Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Yall gettin' crazy now.
    If they win, it'd pay for itself many times over. I'd rather overpay for a natty than pay market rate for 2 seeds and road super regional losses.

vCash
    I believe this is going to be the only way John Cohen saves face with MSU fans. If he doesn't hire a top tier coach he will have fans questioning him and his abilities till he retires and probably after that. He needs to throw 2.5 million if need be. What is 2.5 million on a HC when you spent 60mill plus on a stadium. Let Cohen work a few years for free since he is the one that got himself in this mess.

vCash
    You can't tell me they would both turn down $3M a year to be our coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    That's more than Moorhead. Is Howland making that? Think we getting a little crazy now

vCash
    What about $4M?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    What about $4M?
    2.5 each as co-coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's more than Moorhead. Is Howland making that? Think we getting a little crazy now
    Pretty sure Howland makes like $2.5M

vCash
    I think it's quite possible that Schloss was the guy. That's why Cohen made statements like he did. That's why their AD said no comment and that TCU would persevere. That's why Sarloos was rumored to be promoted. That's why Schloss was rumored to be contacting our recruits already (Commerce).

I think smn happened at the 11th hour to cause it to fall apart. My guess is the infidelity rumors.

vCash
    Yes. Keep going back to them with better and better offers until one just can't say no. Don't give up and don't settle for a lesser choice.

Neither TCU or Louisville has our SEC money, our stadium, or our fanbase. Eventually one of them will crack and take the job.

Remember how Alabama didn't take a "no" from Saban.
    This is were courting becomes staking and good guys end up in meetings with HR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Sounds like a good reason TO move. It's not like the other woman would ride with him and his wife on the jet we sent to pick him up.

vCash

LOL Why not just tell one of them we are going to pay them what Nick Saban makes and be done with it. Cohen will pay top dollar for one of his top targets, but definitely not over pay by about $1.2 million to get to your $3 million salary.

vCash
    It really seems something happened with Schloss and it wasn't money if we all believe the rumors. Either we screwed up and told him to wait, we moved on for some reason, or he talked it over and decided he wanted to stay where he was.
    We might never know the truth. Especially if it's John's fault.

vCash
    I really don't get the panic people are letting set in. We are not going to end up with a "Pruitt" unless we have insane fans that scare off coaches by doing things like publicly smearing their character. We may not end up getting one of the top 5 head coaches from teh country to leave their current position at another power 5 school, but holy shit people. We haven't even offered a Schiano yet. Until we offer Hendo the job, or at the very least least until Tadlock and Butch publicly pull their name out of the running, step away from the ledge.