Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, here's where I'm at on it...

Banned
    vCash

Ok, here's where I'm at on it...

Make Tadlock, Casey, and O'Conner all say no and if that fails then get butch and keep Geatreau. That's my hope from here on out.

vCash
    Casey would be an automatic no. He's built something special at OSU and with his son playing on the team, there would be no amount of money he would accept that isn't worth moving all the way across the country for. Now O'Connor might be a good match.

vCash
    Butch with Gautreau would be intriguing. Elite recruiting. Good pitching guy. Good hitting instructor. Great fit, prob better than casey or O'Conner

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Butch with Gautreau would be intriguing. Elite recruiting. Good pitching guy. Good hitting instructor. Great fit, prob better than casey or O'Conner
    I'm warming to the idea in a hurry.

vCash
    The next big name is out there. Just got to find him. He is there.

vCash
    Even though it wouldn't be an exciting hire, I could get behind it.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Make Tadlock, Casey, and O'Conner all say no and if that fails then get butch and keep Geatreau. That's my hope from here on out.
    You're gonna have to provide an atlas to find where you are at

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I've never been a butch fan bc his pitchers lacked intensity when he was here i felt like. I can say though his staff at Auburn is pretty good so maybe he's turned the corner there. He has however gotten talented guys to pitch for him. Much better recruiter than Henderson. I can't get past meh with him though.

vCash
    Honestly if it were me- I'd call McDonnell back and ask him what it would take to come to MSU. See what he says and try to make it work.

Saban told Alabama more than once that he wasn't taking the Alabama job and was staying with the Dolphins.

That's how you negotiate with someone you really want sometimes. Here's our offer. You said no. So, what do you want? Saban told Alabama 8 million dollars for seven years or whatever it was that they agreed to and they made it work.

I would be willing to go up to 3 million and tell McDonnell that's more than our football coach keeping in my mind that I'm probably going to give Moorhead a raise at the end of the year anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I've never been a butch fan bc his pitchers lacked intensity when he was here i felt like. I can say though his staff at Auburn is pretty good so maybe he's turned the corner there. He has however gotten talented guys to pitch for him. Much better recruiter than Henderson. I can't get past meh with him though.
    I don't think Butch has the balls to win a National Championship as a coach.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I was trying to be nice....

vCash
    You're gonna have to provide an atlas to find where you are at

vCash
    Explain, please. Like his demeanor?

vCash
    Don't disagree. I do think the combo of him and Gautreau would be the best recruiting staff we've had though

vCash
    I was trying to be nice....
    I'll admit that I'm in a bad mood.

vCash
    Explain, please. Like his demeanor?
    Yes. Look at Manieri and O'Sullivan. We don't like them because they are overly competitive and they come across as assholes to us. There are not very many "nice guys" that win championships in baseball.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Don't disagree. I do think the combo of him and Gautreau would be the best recruiting staff we've had though
    I can agree with that. And that can mask coaching deficiencies for sure.

vCash
    Who said it takes balls to win...maneiri has seen postseason success

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I'm an intense in your ass be the first to tell them you did good kind of coach. Hold guys accountable to be ultra competitive and hard nosed. We need some of that.

vCash
    Yes. Look at Manieri and O'Sullivan. We don't like them because they are overly competitive and they come across as assholes to us. There are not very many "nice guys" that win championships in baseball.

O'Sullivan is an ass hole. I wouldn't categorize maneiri that way tho. He's a bitch...big difference. The biggest asshole around is sitting in our AD office. And I mean that in a good way