Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nakobe Dean

vCash
    I guess I’m confused at this point. Isn’t 3-4 of the top 8 the norm for in state recruiting??? I might even rank that as a little low based on previous years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I guess I’m confused at this point. Isn’t 3-4 of the top 8 the norm for in state recruiting??? I might even rank that as a little low based on previous years.
    With as much talent as there is in this year's class, its pretty damn good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    With as much talent as there is in this year's class, its pretty damn good.
    Yup. As long as we get more than any other single team I consider it a win. Good chance that happens.

vCash
    I'll withhold judgement till signing day, but it'll be pretty disappointing imo if some majority combo of Dean, Turnage, Jackson, Young, Jones, Hall, etc leave the state.

That simply can't happen if we want to develop into a consistent threat to go to Atlanta.

We don't have the state population to makeup for the losses. Rationalize it any way you want but, if you can't protect your own turf, you have virtually no chance.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'll withhold judgement till signing day, but it'll be pretty disappointing imo if some majority combo of Dean, Turnage, Jackson, Young, Jones, Hall, etc leave the state.

That simply can't happen if we want to develop into a consistent threat to go to Atlanta.

We don't have the state population to makeup for the losses. Rationalize it any way you want but, if you can't protect your own turf, you have virtually no chance.
    Depends on your oos recruiting. If you can supplement oos talent to replace the instate talent then you're fine. It's when you can't there's a struggle. Our oos recruiting so far has been good. Hypothetically say our class is

QB - Shrader, Plumlee
    RB - Gray
    WR - Torbor, Scurry, Watkins
    OL - Cunningham, Richardson, Sharp, Cross, Washington, Hubbard
    DL - Moore, Ani, Russell, Pickering, Lucas
    LB - Harris, Hall, Edwards
    DB - James, Purvis, Jones, Burdine, Emerson, Turnage

If you're upset or disappointed in that class then yes you're going to be upset about MSU recruiting all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Depends on your oos recruiting. If you can supplement oos talent to replace the instate talent then you're fine. It's when you can't there's a struggle. Our oos recruiting so far has been good. Hypothetically say our class is

QB - Shrader, Plumlee
    RB - Gray

If you're upset or disappointed in that class then yes you're going to be upset about MSU recruiting all the time.
    Exactly!

Banned
    vCash
    I'm afraid that some we lost one of our recruiting staff members, some of these guys predictions are going to be less reliable. Not ifyouonlyknew.. he's always reliable

vCash
    When the parents are naming coaches & schools that stand out to them and we don?t even get anything but ?we visited there? that almost always means we are on the outside looking in and a long shot at best to sign him.

vCash

QB - Shrader, Plumlee
    RB - Gray

Agree, if this is the class because you have Turnage, Hall, Jones, and Pickering staying in-state.

But my post was less about what this class ranks and more about the idea that an SEC contender has to protect their own turf in recruiting.

As of now, it's uncomfortable how many of these guys are seriously considering leaving the state.

vCash
    That was my thoughts as well, Shotgun. Sure, it will be great to get as many of these guys as we can, however when over 50% of them could potentially go elsewhere that is a ton of instate talent that we aren’t getting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    That was my thoughts as well, Shotgun. Sure, it will be great to get as many of these guys as we can, however when over 50% of them could potentially go elsewhere that is a ton of instate talent that we aren?t getting.
    And we will probably get significantly more than any other school. We aren?t going to clean house in state. Especially not this year. That doesn?t happen in really any state aside from LA, and that situation is not comparable.

It?s not State?s fault that Ole Miss is a dumpster fire and not a top option right now. If Ole Miss wasn?t a dumpster fire, most kids would stay in state, but as it is, we are getting the lion?s share and the rest will be spread out amongst Bama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss.

How is outrecruiting those schools head-to-head a bad thing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    And we will probably get significantly more than any other school. We aren?t going to clean house in state. Especially not this year. That doesn?t happen in really any state aside from LA, and that situation is not comparable.

It?s not State?s fault that Ole Miss is a dumpster fire and not a top option right now. If Ole Miss wasn?t a dumpster fire, most kids would stay in state, but as it is, we are getting the lion?s share and the rest will be spread out amongst Bama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss.

How is outrecruiting those schools head-to-head a bad thing?
    You mean out recruiting them in OUR State?

They will pull players out of Mississippi that we don't have the ability to pull out of Alabama or Louisiana. Emery would be our best chance at that.

From a philosophical standpoint, I don't like limiting expectations on in-state recruiting. That's our bread & butter, &, while we have to deal with reality, no MSU fan should OK with losing in-state players to out of state schools. I don't think we should every accept that.

Just my opinion
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-27-2018 at 09:29 AM.

vCash

They will pull players out of Mississippi that we don't have the ability to pull out of Alabama or Louisiana. Emery would be our best chance at that.
    What about Key Thompson? Jalen Mayden. We are pulling QBs from OOS.

You mentioned Emery. All of our RB targets are from OOS and are 4 stars. We will pull at least one.

We really don?t have to leave the state for DL, but like I said, we are going to win a lot of head to head battles there. Have you seen King Ani?s offers?

Same with LB. Everyone wants Hall. Edwards is committed to LSU. Dean is in our backyard and ?we are in the game? according to Ari, lol.

WR/OL is really the only place we have to leave the state and we are doing OK there, too, but don?t necessarily have a ton of leverage at that position. Should change soon, and already has some, though.

vCash

From a philosophical standpoint, I don't like limiting expectations on in-state recruiting. That's our bread & butter, &, while we have to deal with reality, no MSU fan should OK with losing in-state players to out of state schools. I don't think we should every accept that.

Just my opinion
    Most of our top commits right now are from OOS. No one is limiting recruiting to in-state. See my post above.

You and others brought up our ?struggling? in-state and I apologize for bringing some realistic expectations to the table.

What do you seriously want State to do? Sign all 14-15 in-state 4 stars? Even 10 would be a stretch and doesn?t happen anywhere outside of LA. Come on, man.

vCash

QB - Shrader, Plumlee
    RB - Gray

I will go ahead and Bump this .. and follow up with some more names later.
    This would be a kick ass 2019 class, I think it will end up even better ..

vCash

Is the Jones you keep referencing Raydarious Jones (sp)? Is he really that high of a priority? It seems we have Plumlee higher on our board than Jones based on visits. Turnage will stick w/ Bama I believe, but he will come here if not. Jackson will go to OM. I think we get either Young or Pickering, but not both. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. We should get Hall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MzTerry View Post
    Is the Jones you keep referencing Raydarious Jones (sp)? Is he really that high of a priority? It seems we have Plumlee higher on our board than Jones based on visits. Turnage will stick w/ Bama I believe, but he will come here if not. Jackson will go to OM. I think we get either Young or Pickering, but not both. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. We should get Hall.
    Sorry, Jarrian Jones - brain fart. I think we'll get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I will go ahead and Bump this .. and follow up with some more names later.
    This would be a kick ass 2019 class, I think it will end up even better ..
    I would absolutely love that class!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I'm afraid that some we lost one of our recruiting staff members, some of these guys predictions are going to be less reliable. Not ifyouonlyknew.. he's always reliable
    As some of your predictions go i think you overstate things here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yeah I suck ...