Thread: TCU sells beer at its baseball games............

Banned
    vCash

TCU sells beer at its baseball games............

...Took a peek at TCU's baseball stadium and noticed they started a pilot program on beer sales. Kind of funny it started with their game against Dallas Baptist and even funnier that a subsequent expansion of bathroom facilities at their relatively new stadium was just funded. They only sell between innings 1-7. Guess it gives the drunks a couple innings to start sobering up before they drive home. Can see it now......"Ok Fans....It's Texas Christian vs Dallas Baptist Beer night"!! All in all Fort Worth seems like a nice town to live in. Never spent any time there, but have driven through on the way to see half my family in El Paso. If Schloss brings beer to Starkvegas games, I'm sure our fans will consider the hire a HR success!!
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 05-22-2018 at 06:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    ...Took a peek at TCU's baseball stadium and noticed they started a pilot program on beer sales. Kind of funny it started with their game against Dallas Baptist and even funnier that a subsequent expansion of bathroom facilities at their relatively new stadium was just funded. They only sell between innings 1-7. Guess it gives the drunks a couple innings to start sobering up before they drive home. All in all Fort Worth seems like a nice town to live in. Never spent any time there, but have driven through on the way to see half my family in El Paso. If Schloss brings beer to Starkvegas games, I'm sure our fans will consider the hire a HR success!!
    He's a hr hire just by his name.

vCash
    If you make a half hearted attempt to cover it with ice in your cooler, you can bring beer to our games for free.

vCash
    ...Took a peek at TCU's baseball stadium and noticed they started a pilot program on beer sales. Kind of funny it started with their game against Dallas Baptist and even funnier that a subsequent expansion of bathroom facilities at their relatively new stadium was just funded. They only sell between innings 1-7. Guess it gives the drunks a couple innings to start sobering up before they drive home. Can see it now......"Ok Fans....It's Texas Christian vs Dallas Baptist Beer night"!! All in all Fort Worth seems like a nice town to live in. Never spent any time there, but have driven through on the way to see half my family in El Paso. If Schloss brings beer to Starkvegas games, I'm sure our fans will consider the hire a HR success!!
    We can bring our own. We win.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    If you make a half hearted attempt to cover it with ice in your cooler, you can bring beer to our games for free.
    Where did you get beer for free?

Banned
    vCash
    No alcohol sales is an SEC rule not MSU rule

vCash
    That’s why Schloss wants to come to MSU. Because we don’t sell beer.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This. Although my God the money we would make....

Banned
    vCash
    Looks like the unwritten "rule" is better for the fan base. You can bring your own as long as your respect the unwritten "rule". It's cheaper and you can bring what you like as opposed to having limited choices. If the SEC opens the flood gates with beer sales, then the coolers will actually be "inspected".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    State law too 61, it's illegal to have alcohol on state property in Mississippi, but is not enforced much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    State law too 61, it's illegal to have alcohol on state property in Mississippi, but is not enforced much.
    Thanks MSbulldog for bring that up. If any of you are waiting for the SEC, the state of Mississippi and MSU to approve beer you have a looooong wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    It was enforced when I was a freshman and the Sheriff followed me to Hightower dorm and made me pour out an entire case of Coors longnecks. I had to run up to my room to get a bottle opener and half the dorm was taunting me from their windows while I was pouring them out.

vCash
    Where did you get beer for free?
    If you make a half hearted attempt to cover it with ice in your cooler, you can bring beer from outside the stadium to our games for gas station prices rather than concession prices.

My bad

Banned
    vCash
    Didn't MSU's campus go to a wet campus sometime around 2003-2006? Then it changed back. I am pretty sure I remember it flip flopping for a year or two.