Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So with Small and Ginn likely heading to MLB

vCash

So with Small and Ginn likely heading to MLB

does anyone want to take a stab at our SEC rotation next season? I mean, wow.

vCash
    Ive still got some eligibility left but there ain't much on my fastball anymore lol. In all seriousness it's gonna be interesting. Anyone that can throw gonna get a chance to show what they can do.

vCash
    Better hope ashcraft and breaux are finally healthy. New coach better bring a couple pitchers with him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Better hope ashcraft and breaux are finally healthy. New coach better bring a couple pitchers with him
    That's what I'm hoping that new coach brings a couple along with him. The kid we just signed from jcjc is pretty dang good. He's gonna help somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping that new coach brings a couple along with him. The kid we just signed from jcjc is pretty dang good. He's gonna help somewhere.
    Hard to count on juco guys or freshmen. Seems like it's rare for them to live up to the hype in the first year.

Banned
    vCash
    Ive still got some eligibility left but there ain't much on my fastball anymore lol. In all seriousness it's gonna be interesting. Anyone that can throw gonna get a chance to show what they can do.
    Did you used to play commerce?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Hard to count on juco guys or freshmen. Seems like it's rare for them to live up to the hype in the first year.
    Tyler Spring started out at Alabama before going to Jones because of Tommy John. He's a non-traditional JUCO that has a good chance to crack the rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Tyler Spring started out at Alabama before going to Jones because of Tommy John. He's a non-traditional JUCO that has a good chance to crack the rotation.
    Who are the pitching signees we currently have that are likely to make it campus?

Banned
    vCash
    We have to pray that James, Breaux and Ashcraft are finally fully ready to go. That is 3 high level recruits that we've yet to get anything significant. And yes, James is still recovering

McQuary is going to have to rise up. Self is going to have to return to 2017 form. McQuary needs to have a great summer, and Self maybe should take off to rest or something

Hard to really know anything about Marsh, Liebelt or Stephens. They may improve, they may get cut, who knows.

Good Lord, that's literally all we got. You cannot count on Price or Barlow at this point

Banned
    vCash
    Great, just what we need, another surgically repaired elbow, don't have enough of those already

ETA: Just read up on this guy. Looks like he did well at JCJC in 2016, signed with Bama, had the surgery in early 2017 before the season, so he's about a 1.25 months out right now, and he's been pitching for JCJC. I don't really like that, would rather him have rested a little more, but honestly he's probably a risk we have to take at this point. We need arms
    Last edited by 5049; 05-17-2018 at 10:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Great, just what we need, another surgically repaired elbow, don't have enough of those already
    To be fair, our best pitcher is sporting a surgically repaired elbow

Banned
    vCash
    To be fair, our best pitcher is sporting a surgically repaired elbow
    True, as is McQuary (like 9th grade), but we've also lost Parker Ford, Paul Young and Noah Hughes. Not a good clip so far with the guys who had it while at MSU, next year will tell that tale

While I would love for Small to come back, I couldn't in good conscience give him that advice if his name gets called, you have to sign

Where is Peyton Plumlee, Trey Jolly and Jacob Barton when you need them hahaha
    Last edited by 5049; 05-17-2018 at 10:23 AM.

vCash
    Anyone have any info on the commit we got during the week?

vCash
    Who are the pitching signees we currently have that are likely to make it campus?
    Regi Grace, Bryce Brock, Eric Cerentola (going to be good), Sam Knowlton, Brandon Smith ( may hit but I think he pitches) and then we have some JUCO guys. Spring, Keaton Winn (may go pro), JP Elkins, and Colby White.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Anyone have any info on the commit we got during the week?
    Anthony Hickman? He's a walk-on from EMCC and is a MIF guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Did you used to play commerce?
    Played and/or coached most of my life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Problem is we are going to have to count on some freshmen and jucos. Tyler Spring from JCJC is really good. He will help us for sure.

vCash
    Problem is we are going to have to count on some freshmen and jucos. Tyler Spring from JCJC is really good. He will help us for sure.
    Or hope that some guys recover from their injuries like Ethan Small has.

vCash
    Or hope that some guys recover from their injuries like Ethan Small has.
    Yeah I believe for us to have success on the mound next year it's gonna have to be a combination of all 3.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    does anyone want to take a stab at our SEC rotation next season? I mean, wow.
    How do other schools keep players from going pro?
    No Signature