Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft - who do you think CLE takes and will Lamar Jackson be good?

vCash

NFL Draft - who do you think CLE takes and will Lamar Jackson be good?

I think they're going to end of taking Mayfield because NY loves Darnold, but supposedly not the other guys. If they let him go, they probably get Barkley at 4.

I'm not sure who the best QB to come out of the draft is. My opinion of Mayfield went up after the CFB playoffs. Allen is crapshoot and Darnold seems to have a lot of Matt Leinhart in him.

Meanwhile people ooze of Lamar Jackson's potential and what Watson did is probably elevating that. But is he better coming out than RGIII was and look where he is today.

vCash
    Cleveland needs to get Barkley and Mayfield however they can do it

vCash
    The saints had such an unbelievable draft last season that I fully expect them to take Jackson to pay the draft gods back. I don't think Jackson turns out to be very good
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-25-2018 at 11:16 AM.

vCash
    If they don't take Saquon Barkley number 1 they are really really stupid. If they want to draft a QB at #4, go ahead. But you better get Barkley up front or someone else will come up and get him before #4 comes around. I still think they should wait and get a QB next year. They have Tyrod Taylor and he's good enough for the next 2 years. Get another elite player on defense or offense in a position that is less volatile to rookies and see what happens. Does Bradley Chubb fall to #4? How good of a draft would Barkley and Chubb be? That's immediate impact that can change your team. One of these QBs isn't doing that year 1 with this team I don't think.

Lamar Jackson is going to be a poor mans Michael Vick. His speed will be impressive, until people figure him out. He's not a good passer and never has been. Lot of one read stuff where guys are open. That's not going to happen in the NFL.

vCash
    - I don't get the Darnold love. Every time I watched the guy this season, he sucked. I get he has tools, but he sucks & lacks instincts for football.

- Lamar Jackson is not an NFL QB.

- Rosen is Tony Romo. Take him

- Mayfield is an adequate NFL starter. Take him.

- I don't know WTF Josh Allen is

- Barkley is really good. Take him

vCash
    I don't know who the Cowboys will draft. I'm sure Jerry will make the wrong choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - I don't get the Darnold love. Every time I watched the guy this season, he sucked. I get he has tools, but he sucks & lacks instincts for football.

- Lamar Jackson is not an NFL QB.

- Rosen is Tony Romo. Take him

- Mayfield is an adequate NFL starter. Take him.

- I don't know WTF Josh Allen is

- Barkley is really good. Take him
    Don't understand the Lamar hate. I think he has potential to be a fine NFL qb.

His stats compared to Josh Rosen:

Completion Percentage:
    Lamar 57%
    Rosen 60%

Yards per attempt:
    Lamar 8.3
    Rosen 8.0

TD/Int Ratio:
    Lamar 69/27
    Josh Rosen 59/26

Size:
    Lamar 6'3 211*
    Rosen 6'4 218*

I think he can sit a few years and develop. I think he'll be fine.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Cleveland needs to get Barkley and Mayfield however they can do it
    This is exactly what I'd do but I wouldn't of traded for Taylor and given Landry $70 mill either so Cleveland will **** this draft up like always.

vCash
    MSU Draftees next year IMO if they all come out:

1st round - Sweat, Simmons
    2nd round - Nick Fitz, Chauncey Rivers
    3rd or 4th round - Gerri Green, Brian Cole, Cory Thomas, Elgton Jenkins, Marquiss Spencer
    5th or 6th round - Aeris, Jon Abram, Leo Lewis, Deion Calhoun

Free Agents - Jamal Peters, Mark McLaurin, Justin Johnson, Daryl Williams, Chris Rayford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post

3rd or 4th round - Gerri Green, Brian Cole, Cory Thomas, Elgton Jenkins, Marquiss Spencer

Free Agents - Jamal Peters, Mark McLaurin, Justin Johnson, Daryl Williams, Chris Rayford
    13 draft picks? Sounds pretty optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post

May just be me, but i don't think Aeris or Cory will get drafted. Obviously hope i'm wrong, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    May just be me, but i don't think Aeris or Cory will get drafted. Obviously hope i'm wrong, though.
    Cory either finds a sense of urgency this season or ends up just "a guy"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    13 draft picks? Sounds pretty optimistic
    yeah, 13 is a lot...not much difference in 5th-6th round and free agent. Got my maroon glasses on

vCash
    Take Barkely #1 and Chubb #4. Roll with Tyrod Taylor for one year and then sign Nick Foles. He's better than all these scrub QB's.

vCash
    Cleveland will take Darnold & Chubb.

They don't need Barkley. RBs are very replaceable in the NFL.

There is no f'ing way Barkley will go #1. Sorry guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Cleveland will take Darnold & Chubb.

They don't need Barkley. RBs are very replaceable in the NFL.

There is no f'ing way Barkley will go #1. Sorry guys.
    But Darnold stinks

Did anyone watch him or USC last year?

This is what I don't get. A marginal football player has been made into a star due to the draft.

vCash
    The all-time record for most draft picks from one school in a given year is 14. So I feel confident we won't get 13.

Simmons should be a 1st round pick, Sweat will likely go in the top 2 rounds if he has another year similar to next year. I could see quite a few more being drafted, but you just don't know. And some of these guys don't post the kind of workout numbers you might guess. Somebody like Brian Cole, for instance, may seem like a heck of an athlete and then run a 4.65 40 and have no shot.

I think we'll end up with around 6-8 draft picks, which is stinking impressive.

vCash
    But Darnold stinks

Did anyone watch him or USC last year?

This is what I don't get. A marginal football player has been made into a star due to the draft.
    USC was really bad. Poor OL and WRs were pretty bad. So 1/2 of it wasn't his fault. He will be a good NFL QB if the Browns can work on his coach-able flaws. He can make any throw he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    USC was really bad. Poor OL and WRs were pretty bad. So 1/2 of it wasn't his fault. He will be a good NFL QB if the Browns can work on his coach-able flaws. He can make any throw he wants.
    I don't know man. I'm not sure he processes well or has the instincts for it.

USC has a 5 year recruiting average of 5th in the country. Regardless of how bad you say they were, they were WAY more talented than anyone else in their conference.

I just don't see it & personally think you're making excuses for a player that had the better talent on his team every time he took the field

vCash
    I don't know man. I'm not sure he processes well or has the instincts for it.

USC has a 5 year recruiting average of 5th in the country. Regardless of how bad you say they were, they were WAY more talented than anyone else in their conference.

I just don't see it & personally think you're making excuses for a player that had the better talent on his team every time he took the field
    We'll see. There is a reason he is about to get drafted the top pick though.