Thread: aTm series

vCash

aTm series

How we match up with these guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    Based on what I've read, they play a lot like we did last year except their pitching is nowhere close to what we had. A lot of small ball, but they don't have the shut down pitching for long term success. Maybe some others can elaborate.

vCash
    SEC stats only (with which we have faced much better pitching):

Hitting- A&M .288, State .249
    Runs Scored- A&M 53, State 51 (considering the difference in avg- thats surprising)
    Extra base hits- A&M 24, State 22
    BB's- A&M 32, State 40
    K's- A&M 86, State 95
    SB's- A&M 15-21, State 9-12

ERA- State 3.59, A&M 3.97
    Hits Allowed- State 93, A&M 106
    Earned Runs- State 42, A&M 45
    BB's Allowed- State 48, A&M 25 (holy shit that is terrible)

Fielding- State .985, A&M .970

They have played Georgia and Auburn- two shitty baseball teams- along with SC and Ole Missus...We have played a much tougher SEC schedule to this point

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Based on what I've read, they play a lot like we did last year except their pitching is nowhere close to what we had. A lot of small ball, but they don't have the shut down pitching for long term success. Maybe some others can elaborate.
    They bunt MORE than we did, which is saying something. They only have 9 HR on the year. They are 6-6 against seeing the second easiest set of arms in league play. They suck.

Every starter of their's that we would see is a RIGHTY! Trey 17ing Porter needs to start.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Runs Scored- A&M 53, State 51 (considering the difference in avg- thats surprising)
    Considering their coach, no it's not.

vCash
    I like this match up as long as we don't lose our minds on the pitching mound. Need to get the bats rolling this weekend. They haven't been in awhile -- and it is time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    They bunt MORE than we did, which is saying something. They only have 9 HR on the year. They are 6-6 against seeing the second easiest set of arms in league play. They suck.

Every starter of their's that we would see is a RIGHTY! Trey 17ing Porter needs to start.
    To tell you the truth all the bunts are what worries me. Our 3b has to field and throw without errors this weekend. All rh pitchers so you think we see frost or detz at 3b?

vCash
    I'm betting on Frost

vCash
    I bet we hit them pretty well. They throw a lot of strikes and we swing at pretty much anything, but we make pretty good contact. We started to hit a little bit better at the end of the Governors Cup and I bet we carry that over. I'm hearing Detz will start at third- he looked a LOT better on Tuesday defensively in warm ups and made some nice plays in the game. I suspect that means Porter will DH, but you never know with Cohen.

Banned
    vCash
    I'd like to see

Frazier
    Detz
    Renfroe
    Porter
    Pirtle
    Rea
    Bradford
    Slauter
    Armstrong

vCash
    I'd like to see

Frazier
    Detz
    Renfroe
    Porter
    Pirtle
    Rea
    Bradford
    Slauter
    Armstrong
    I like this as well. I can see you've given up hoping hunter will hit 4th.

Banned
    vCash
    I like this as well. I can see you've given up hoping hunter will hit 4th.
    With Cohen, yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I bet we hit them pretty well. They throw a lot of strikes and we swing at pretty much anything, but we make pretty good contact. We started to hit a little bit better at the end of the Governors Cup and I bet we carry that over. I'm hearing Detz will start at third- he looked a LOT better on Tuesday defensively in warm ups and made some nice plays in the game. I suspect that means Porter will DH, but you never know with Cohen.
    OT, but what you think is wrong with ct? Should we expect him to pick it up or is this just who he is now (post shoulder injury)?

vCash
    I'd like to see

Frazier
    Detz
    Renfroe
    Porter
    Pirtle
    Rea
    Bradford
    Slauter
    Armstrong

I like this lineup. I think Armstrong deserves more PT. He has a scrappy quality. Punch and Judy haven't exactly earned the LF spot, either.

I would even consider moving Rea down more. He's an asset, defensively, but he's looked pretty Sun Belt at the plate. He doesn't make enough contact, and he surely doesn't hit the ball hard enough. Frost even has a higher slugging %.

vCash
    I think CT is just slumping. He was trying to take everything opposite field and he is getting defended that way. He got a solid hit against Florida and then he got a cheap hit against Ole Miss when they brought the infield in. Hopefully that gets him going.

vCash
    I think CT is just slumping. He was trying to take everything opposite field and he is getting defended that way. He got a solid hit against Florida and then he got a cheap hit against Ole Miss when they brought the infield in. Hopefully that gets him going.
    His pitch selection has been atrocious. That's why he is slumping. He needs to lock in on a zone and quit chasing bullshit up there he cant handle

vCash
    No doubt, he's in a terrible slump. I'd like to see him get it going this weekend.

vCash
    Our pitch selection in general is atrocious. We beat Ole Miss 10-1 if we just stand there the first three innings.

vCash
    I'd like to see

Frazier
    Detz
    Renfroe
    Porter
    Pirtle
    Rea
    Bradford
    Slauter
    Armstrong