Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 RECRUITING

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

2019 RECRUITING

I was looking at the 24/7 recruiting page today, and started wondering about 2019, after looking at who we already have in the boat 2 4* guys and the amazing talent in Mississippi it seems if we can own the state we may be looking at a top 10 maybe even top 5 class. By the way Georgia already has 7 4 and 5* Any thoughts?

Banned
    vCash
    I'm sure we'll get our share, but Ole Miss will be a real threat because their bowl ban will be gone, they'll be selling playing time, and the network will be back in operation. They are already touting that #mississippimade stuff. I am expecting to see them gain a good many early commitments.

We really need to have a good year and beat them in Oxford. If we do that, with an exciting offense, recruiting will take care of itself. We will also be able to sell playing time IMO, we can point to the big number of seniors and say the team is wide open. And we see every year, while we have a good foundation throughout the year, anything can happen in December/January.
    Last edited by 5049; 12-28-2017 at 01:00 PM.

vCash
    We won’t dominate the state.

We’ll get our fair share but will have to go out of state to fill in some gaps.

I think a top 15-20 class can be realistic but we simply lack the network power to sniff the top 10

vCash

Louisiana and Tennessee are also loaded for 2019...

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We won?t dominate the state.

We?ll get our fair share but will have to go out of state to fill in some gaps.

I think a top 15-20 class can be realistic but we simply lack the network power to sniff the top 10
    Hopefully we can grab some blue chippers from those states, too.

vCash
    Ole Miss back in business very shortly. In time, I think it may even get worse than before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Ole Miss back in business very shortly. In time, I think it may even get worse than before.
    They had a player admit on TV that the coaches paid him and they got a slap on the wrist. I don't see why they just don't give out university credit cards and expense it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    They had a player admit on TV that the coaches paid him and they got a slap on the wrist. I don't see why they just don't give out university credit cards and expense it.
    I think we are going to get waxed in recruiting for 2019. If the instate talent really is that good, it will be an opportunity for Ole Miss to take a calculated risk. If they go big, they can basically erase the negative impacts from the NCAA investigation. I think that's going to be too tempting for them to resist and I don't think we're going to have the appetite to step up and compete.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think that's going to be too tempting for them to resist
    IMO this was the plan of the NCAA. To bait them bastards into doing it again. (At least that is what I like to think as to why they got off so easy)
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think we are going to get waxed in recruiting for 2019. If the instate talent really is that good, it will be an opportunity for Ole Miss to take a calculated risk. If they go big, they can basically erase the negative impacts from the NCAA investigation. I think that's going to be too tempting for them to resist and I don't think we're going to have the appetite to step up and compete.
    I don't see this happening at all.

OM will get some of the guys, but there are simply too many eyes on them to go all in & plus they don't have Freeze anymore.

I think we'll get our fair share & they will get some as well. I think with the states around us being loaded as well, I think we can have close to a #15 type class.

I don't buy the whole OM doom & gloom recruiting situation. While they may pull a few tricks, they have to be tentative right now due to fear of being outed & repeat violator.

Plus, Luke is certainly well antiquated with the network, but I don't think he's a bold or aggressive as Freeze. He'll get some guys but it won't be ridiculous.

Lastly, even when OM was cheating their ass off, they never dominated MS. Most of their most ridiculous cheating was done out of state. MSU will compete for in-state guys. Remember, we already have the best 2019 MS player committed & Black. Add Pickering to that & we are well on our way to have a great in-state haul
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-28-2017 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't see this happening at all.

OM will get some of the guys, but there are simply too many eyes on them to go all in & plus they don't have Freeze anymore.

I think we'll get our fair share & they will get some as well. I think with the states around us being loaded as well, I think we can have close to a #15 type class.

I don't buy the whole OM doom & gloom recruiting situation. While they may pull a few tricks, they have to be tentative right now due to fear of being outed & repeat violator.

Plus, Luke is certainly well antiquated with the network, but I don't think he's a bold or aggressive as Freeze. He'll get some guys but it won't be ridiculous.

Lastly, even when OM was cheating their ass off, they never dominated MS. Most of their most ridiculous cheating was done out of state. MSU will compete for in-state guys. Remember, we already have the best 2019 MS player committed & Black. Add Pickering to that & we are well on our way to have a great in-state haul
    When OM was cheating their ass off, they decided to spend a shit ton of money outside of Mississippi. They could have spent that money inside Mississippi, and in 2019, they probably will.

I'm not saying they're going to make a clean sweep or anything. Even if it was completely disorganized, I think there have always been at least a few top in-state recruits where we have had somebody looking out for us and I doubt that changes in 2019. But barring a complete culture change at either MSU or UM between now and signing day 2019 (which I think is unlikely), you are likely going to see one school be much more aggressive than the other, and I would be surprised if that doesn't show up in the results on signing day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETDAWG View Post
    I was looking at the 24/7 recruiting page today, and started wondering about 2019, after looking at who we already have in the boat 2 4* guys and the amazing talent in Mississippi it seems if we can own the state we may be looking at a top 10 maybe even top 5 class. By the way Georgia already has 7 4 and 5* Any thoughts?
    We'll get some, OM will get some...and we will finish around 20th in recruiting as usual
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    One of those 4* commits is going to flip. OM has inroads with a lot of the ‘19 class. We’ll get a few, but they’ll get more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    One of those 4* commits is going to flip. OM has inroads with a lot of the ‘19 class. We’ll get a few, but they’ll get more.
    Why? Because Demetric Warren changed his CB prediction? Black has a very pro-MSU coaching staff around and there are a lot of pro-MSU boosters in that area. It'll work itself out.

I don't consider Ealy that big of a loss. The last 4* kid from prep didn't really blow anyone away at OM. And they had another (Nik Hogan) that transferred to Northwest two years ago who was very unimpressive for a early 4* candidate.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Why? Because Demetric Warren changed his CB prediction? Black has a very pro-MSU coaching staff around and there are a lot of pro-MSU boosters in that area. It'll work itself out.

I don't consider Ealy that big of a loss. The last 4* kid from prep didn't really blow anyone away at OM. And they had another (Nik Hogan) that transferred to Northwest two years ago who was very unimpressive for a early 4* candidate.
    There are many more OM boosters in that area than MSU. I was born and raised there. Graduated with his parents. But it's all for naught. Trust me when I tell you, he will not come anywhere close to qualifying.

vCash
    Ealy is the real deal, but he will more than likely never step foot on a college campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    Ealy is the real deal, but he will more than likely never step foot on a college campus.
    yep MLB is going to offer too much money
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    yep MLB is going to offer too much money
    2.5-4 mil

vCash
    Good gracious at the weak sauce in this thread. We are a pessimistic fan base.

vCash
    I think it is way too early to predict who wins the state in recruiting. Moorhead could blow up or implode. Luke could take an nfl HC job... ok, that will not happen. Luke could also raise his stock or even be fired. Saban could come and take all the state blue chips for all we know right now.

vCash
    We need to have a recruiting target where roughly our class is a 50/50 in state/out of state... focusing on the states of Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana for the out of state players...