Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Jones decommits

vCash

Tyler Jones decommits

High 3 star OT out of Georgia just flipped to NC State. Not good. Paul Jones said once that he and the other Georgia OL were the key to the class.

vCash
    nope and for freaking NC State of all places. In his interview he specifically mentioned that he like being close to the city b/c he was a city boy among a few other things he liked about NC State. So I have a feeling location may have played a bigger part than I would have though after he committed. Focus on getting the the JUCO secure and somehow getting 6 wins and there will be some nice players to prey on later when the coaching carousel begins after the season.

I just keep wishing for that early signing period

vCash
    Is Danley a priority now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    High 3 star OT out of Georgia just flipped to NC State. Not good. Paul Jones said once that he and the other Georgia OL were the key to the class.
    What?

Honestly, I wish him well, but I'm he at least decided to do this now rather than later with spots being so tight. We should get a commitment Shawn Rawlings from MRA sometime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is Danley a priority now?
    Of course Dan wants him to graduate in December. So, it sounds like we want him for the next class. Which I think is asinine.

vCash
    Hev is terrrrrrrible!

And no I'm not blaming him bc the kid flipped but blaming him bc of who's next on our OL board....its dreadful. And don't bank on him ever flipping anyone, his pride and laziness gets in the way of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    Well I guess I now understand why we offered Rawlings. I hope our evaluation on Rawlings is accurate.

vCash
    I honestly feel that OL recruiting is the one area that will prevent us from ever having an elite team under Mullen. All projects all the time won't get it done and that seems to be the only area of the team that we are relegated to never getting any high quality prospects. I would be more than fine with Hevesy being asked to move along as well but I certainly don't expect it. Hevesy is to Mullen as McCorvey was to Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bocfarm View Post
    Hev is terrrrrrrible!

And no I'm not blaming him bc the kid flipped but blaming him bc of who's next on our OL board....its dreadful. And don't bank on him ever flipping anyone, his pride and laziness gets in the way of that.
    Hevesy is not the only coach that recruits OL players- all of the coaches do. Most OL coaches have shitty personalities also- that's why so few of them become head coaches

The Hev hate is nearly as overblown as the Legend of Hud and his trademarked plays he let us use while he was in Sville
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hevesy is not the only coach that recruits OL players- all of the coaches do. Most OL coaches have shitty personalities also- that's why so few of them become head coaches

The Hev hate is nearly as overblown as the Legend of Hud and his trademarked plays he let us use while he was in Sville
    Then they ALL suck at recruiting OL prospects. I still don't feel any better about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Then they ALL suck at recruiting OL prospects. I still don't feel any better about it.
    What I was ab to say. I'm not pointing to the Jones ordeal but overall OL recruiting since Mullen has been here. The best OL players under DM were Crooms recruits....this has to get much better for us to compete bc OM, Aub, Ark are recruiting very well at this position.

vCash

I agree about Hevesy. I remember how much better our O line got immediately when he got here. I think he does a good job. I don't know what the problem is with our O line recruiting.

You shut your whore mouth about HUD!!! His legend is real, and I believe in him. It's as real as Bigfoot and black panthers. They both live in the woods behind my house!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bocfarm View Post
    What I was ab to say. I'm not pointing to the Jones ordeal but overall OL recruiting since Mullen has been here. The best OL players under DM were Crooms recruits....this has to get much better for us to compete bc OM, Aub, Ark are recruiting very well at this position.
    Yep, pretty sad when we are trying to patch the OL together with mostly "project" recruits while OM is pulling in guys like Tunsil and Golson away from GA and FSU in just one class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree about Hevesy. I remember how much better our O line got immediately when he got here. I think he does a good job. I don't know what the problem is with our O line recruiting.

You shut your whore mouth about HUD!!! His legend is real, and I believe in him. It's as real as Bigfoot and black panthers. They both live in the woods behind my house!
    Now I agree with this, Hev is definitely a better coach than recruiter. Given the low ceiling most of our OL recruits under Mullen come in with the OL play is not that bad.

vCash
    this will continue to happen for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, pretty sad when we are trying to patch the OL together with mostly "project" recruits while OM is pulling in guys like Tunsil and Golson away from GA and FSU in just one class.
    Well, that comparision isnt fair- because those ****ers got a helluva lot more than a mustang discount.

vCash
    funny how a month ago everyone was saying how the O-line is a strength of this team

vCash
    Well, that comparision isnt fair- because those ****ers got a helluva lot more than a mustang discount.
    Sure its fair. We aren't being fair to ourselves.

vCash
    As far as our OL goes, we made some mistakes in recruiting as far as not having enough depth in 2011- some of that was Croom's holes he left and then Mullen's reluctance to bring in jucos to fill in the gaps. We got injuries early and it really hurt the season.

The OL problems with Russell in the game are scheme problem- not lack of talent. Our OL looks a shit ton better with Dakota in there- and its because the scheme is run how it should be. Hell, look at OM and their highly recruited guys- they got their shit pushed in by Bammer.

If we struggle to run the ball vs LSU Saturday with Prescott in there- then I'll worry. But I look for us to be able to move the football

vCash
    Here is a problem I see with it. Forseeable future:

Aaron Morris 4*(will be a medically rs SO)
    Laremy Tunsil 5*(fr getting a ton of experience)
    Austin Golson 4*(fr getting a ton of experience)

committed:
    Rod Taylor high 4*(#2 OG in the country)
    Andy Bauer high 4*(#7 OT in the country)

and they are chasing 2 more 4*s in this class that are no less likely to sign with them than Golson and Tunsil were last year.

That's their OL for the next 3 years. Matt Luke may be an idiot -- but his job is going to be damn easy with that talent level.

Meanwhile, we are losing 3*s from Georgia that had Turner as his primary recruiter(when he hadn't been back but a few months upon the commitment) -- and Hevesy as secondary.