Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now This Would Get Them Where It Really Hurts...If Shea and Taamu Both Transfer

vCash

Now This Would Get Them Where It Really Hurts...If Shea and Taamu Both Transfer

There had been rumors of Chip Kelly maybe wanting Taamu to transfer to UCLA. Taamu would be closer to home and it appears that maybe that could begin to maybe have some legs now. With him being a Junior then there wouldn't be any issue.. Also it seems that Shea has moved into the good possibility category. I think it's like at least 10 that are pretty good bets to transfer, with more possible. I guess some wanted to know the actual facts on The NCAA investigation before they decided whether to sign with OM or not, and not some pie in the sky story. I wonder how AJ and DK would like that?

I had heard that any of their players can transfer without sitting out a year. I think the NCAA can do this, but I just hadn't actually seen it where they had.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 12-01-2017 at 10:27 PM.

vCash
    B Walker read something on his FB Live chat this afternoon that said any players that will have eligibility remaining after the bowl ban would have to apply for a waiver from the NCAA but that all of them would be granted. I have no idea where he got that from either. I spent about 2 hours this afternoon searching the actual decision document, NCAA policies and bylaws instead of working and I never could find it. I mean i found where it said that it was an option but not specific stipulations regarding what conditions needed to be met other than COI or COA recommendation. I didn't find anything like that in the document itself, but Asschaps seems to think that it won't be an issue either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    There had been rumors of Chip Kelly maybe wanting Taamu to transfer to UCLA. Taamu would be closer to home and it appears that maybe that could begin to maybe have some legs now. With him being a Junior then there wouldn't be any issue.. Also it seems that Shea has moved into the good possibility category. I think it's like at least 10 that are pretty good bets to transfer, with more possible. I guess some wanted to know the actual facts on The NCAA investigation before they decided whether to sign with OM or not, and not some pie in the sky story. I wonder how AJ and DK would like that?

I had heard that any of their players can transfer without sitting out a year. I think the NCAA can do this, but I just hadn't actually seen it where they had.
    Tamu said on Twitter today he is 100% staying at OM
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash

Not going to happen. One may go (Peterson), but the Network will ensure the other one is well taken care of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs87 View Post
    B Walker read something on his FB Live chat this afternoon that said any players that will have eligibility remaining after the bowl ban would have to apply for a waiver from the NCAA but that all of them would be granted. I have no idea where he got that from either. I spent about 2 hours this afternoon searching the actual decision document, NCAA policies and bylaws instead of working and I never could find it. I mean i found where it said that it was an option but not specific stipulations regarding what conditions needed to be met other than COI or COA recommendation. I didn't find anything like that in the document itself, but Asschaps seems to think that it won't be an issue either.
    And they must have made that known to OM - and it’s why they are so pissed about the 2nd bowl ban. Vitter even mentioned teams are already working to poach players.

vCash
    5-0 is better than Patterson, and it's not close. My question is why was Patterson starting over him to begin with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    5-0 is better than Patterson, and it's not close. My question is why was Patterson starting over him to begin with?
    Because he cost more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Tamu said on Twitter today he is 100% staying at OM

I guess OM convinced his parents then.

vCash

With a two year bowl ban, juniors should be able to transfer without sitting out, because they wouldn't be able to participate in a bowl game their senior year. I'm not sure of the other. I have no clue where BW got his info. There has been too many uncertainties on this . The only thing I am certain off is 13 (ughhh) schollies and the two year bowl ban, the reduced recruiting visits and the monetary losses.

vCash
    I guess OM convinced his parents then.
    $$$$$$$

vCash
    I think Patterson is more talented than Ta'Amuu but Ta'Amuu makes them a better team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Because he cost more.
    Maybe, then they are Ole Miss.

vCash
    With a two year bowl ban, juniors should be able to transfer without sitting out, because they wouldn't be able to participate in a bowl game their senior year. I'm not sure of the other. I have no clue where BW got his info. There has been too many uncertainties on this . The only thing I am certain off is 13 (ughhh) schollies and the two year bowl ban, the reduced recruiting visits and the monetary losses.
    I think Ben Garrett put out a list of 10 players that were likely to transfer- Patterson was one and Jefferson was one as well. The others were mostly fringe types. It didn't include Deontay Anderson. That's from the Ole Miss people.

If I was Ta'Amu I would honestly listen to Kelly if I was in his situation. Get a chance to go to a bowl and it's easier for his parents to see him. Kind of seems like a no brainer to me.

vCash
    Maybe, then they are Ole Miss.
    Absolutely. They've been trying to cater to him and his family even before he stepped on campus. Now that there is a rift between his father and their coaches and Ta'Amuu has emerged they can let him go. Playing Patterson with a torn ligament in his knee was not a great idea.

vCash

Probably too big of an investment and Shea was told if he came to OM that he would be the starting QB. 5-0 was really impressive in their spring game from what some OM people said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Patterson is more talented than Ta'Amuu but Ta'Amuu makes them a better team.

I agree ...That dual threat option gives them more running options which is needed in that offense they run.

vCash
    I agree ...That dual threat option gives them more running options which is needed in that offense they run.
    What it did is it allowed Wilkins to become more involved in the offense as well. They're going to miss him big time next year. Everyone talks about their WR's- Wilkins had more touchdowns than either one of them by himself.

vCash
    I would expect Pennemon to transfer and request a waiver. He is one of the kids that they lied to during recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I would expect Pennemon to transfer and request a waiver. He is one of the kids that they lied to during recruiting.
    That would be a huge blow with Wilkins gone

vCash
    I think the whole punishment the NCAA handed down was intended the hurt the adults involved not the athletes. I also think if Freeze didn't get fired and lose millions he would have gotten a one year show cause. I think the NCAA will let many of the 2016 to transfer.