Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFs Investment

vCash

UFs Investment

So to get Dick Move, The Cheerleader had to:
    Buy out McIlwain at $7.5 million
    Pay Dan?s MSU buyout of $500k
    And pay Dan $6.1 million a year for 6 years

That?s $44.6 million invested to get an 8 win coach. That leash those two are on is gonna short.

Banned
    vCash
    Yup. People want to credit Dan for everything good that has happened here since he got here, but let’s not forget that this university would have gotten behind anyone with a pulse and invested the way we did. It wasn’t all just Dan. A lot of it was MSU’s commitment to better football starting with Byrne.

vCash
    What makes me laugh is that Chip Kelly took less money to go to UCLA. Gundy said no thanks. Frost said no thanks.

vCash
    He also got a guaranteed a 6year/12M buyout. He can go over there and lose to FSU and UGA every year for 5 years, and not recruit at all and get paid 12M if they boot him before his contract is finished.

vCash
    I?m tired of this board ripping Dan. Look where he brought this program. He made a business decision guys!! So did Strickland. Obviously they both are good at their jobs considering 90% of you would have swallowed for both of them while they were here. Stop bitching and move on. We are still in a great situation and have an incredible team coming back. Focus on that instead of acting like this was done to personally harm MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrdawg82 View Post
    I?m tired of this board ripping Dan. Look where he brought this program. He made a business decision guys!! So did Strickland. Obviously they both are good at their jobs considering 90% of you would have swallowed for both of them while they were here. Stop bitching and move on. We are still in a great situation and have an incredible team coming back. Focus on that instead of acting like this was done to personally harm MSU.
    I agree about Dan. But you don't make business decisions that f*ck your family over and still expect your brother to call you "brother". Instead you don't speak to that asshole again until that asshole apologizes to you or one of you is about to die, whichever is first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    He also got a guaranteed a 6year/12M buyout. He can go over there and lose to FSU and UGA every year for 5 years, and not recruit at all and get paid 12M if they boot him before his contract is finished.
    I'm pretty sure that's not a 12 million buyout after year 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I agree about Dan. But you don't make business decisions that f*ck your family over and still expect your brother to call you "brother". Instead you don't speak to that asshole again until that asshole apologizes to you or one of you is about to die, whichever is first.
    Apologize for what exactly? Making a great hire for the program that signs his paychecks? This university uses family as a slogan. Strickland was not literally family. He has to do what best for his employer and real family. Why should he apologize to MSU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    What makes me laugh is that Chip Kelly took less money to go to UCLA. Gundy said no thanks. Frost said no thanks.
    Kelly demanded no speaking engagements outside of normal press conferences, just recruit and coach is one rumor going around.

vCash
    Dan was paid very, very well for what he did and he didn't do it alone. It took the entire administration to get those buildings up and to make the improvements he wanted. He decided to abandon it so he deserves whatever comes his way.

vCash
    No

He?s actively attempting to poach recruits with help from guys he left in-house. Supposedly he left the team without even talking to them and has cut contact with them. He and Scott have even had the gall to use Dak in pumping Dan up to UF. You don?t do that shit to your former school. I admire what he did here. I actually had very little gripe with a decision to leave - but when you disrespect the place that gave everything you asked for and more by pulling shit like having Knox recruit while he is the Interim HC - **** you Dick Move. **** you.

vCash

vCash
    Somebody told me his buyout to us was a lot higher than 500k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So to get Dick Move, The Cheerleader had to:
    Buy out McIlwain at $7.5 million
    Pay Dan?s MSU buyout of $500k
    And pay Dan $6.1 million a year for 6 years

That?s $44.6 million invested to get an 8 win coach. That leash those two are on is gonna short.
    Dont forget Muschamp in your calculations. He is still collecting a check from his time at UF!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...181580556.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Somebody told me his buyout to us was a lot higher than 500k
    It wasn't...actually when he was hired by the legendary Byrne he had no buyout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    No

He?s actively attempting to poach recruits with help from guys he left in-house. Supposedly he left the team without even talking to them and has cut contact with them. He and Scott have even had the gall to use Dak in pumping Dan up to UF. You don?t do that shit to your former school. I admire what he did here. I actually had very little gripe with a decision to leave - but when you disrespect the place that gave everything you asked for and more by pulling shit like having Knox recruit while he is the Interim HC - **** you Dick Move. **** you.
    He had a 15 minute team meeting before he left sunday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It wasn't...actually when he was hired by the legendary Byrne he had no buyout.
    So why was our buyout so low? Figured we'd make more than that since some people round here thought Mullen was infallible

vCash
    17 that you gator troll. Go bend your knees before UF

vCash
    If the buyout was that low that tells me our admin wasn’t all that worried about keeping him if he had the chance to bounce.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He had a 15 minute team meeting before he left sunday
    And from the rumor I heard, Dan barely said anything at that meeting - at least that is the word spreading on campus.