Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction - WE hire the Penn State guy

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Prediction - WE hire the Penn State guy

Seems like Cohen's type of guy.

vCash

Good video of him talking about some of his route concepts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Seems like Cohen's type of guy.
    Not saying I wouldn?t be happy with the hire, but there?s just something about Moorehead that doesn?t seem to jive with State and our team. Not basing this on his yankee blood either, just a gut feeling.

vCash
    Your prediction isn't worth more than throwing a penny in the toilet full of turds.
    It might be right but it's uneducated right now and on no factual basis.

vCash
    Matt talked about the kind of coach JC likes - similar to AC. He made some good points to reinforce his position.

Who are we interviewing that is similar to AC- youngish, recruiter, and high energy?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Matt talked about the kind of coach JC likes - similar to AC. He made some good points to reinforce his position.

Who are we interviewing that is similar to AC- youngish, recruiter, and high energy?
    simliar to AC...that guy is JEREMY F^&#ing PRUITT!!!!! I would say the Penn State coach is more like a Scott Stricklin hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    simliar to AC...that guy is JEREMY F^&#ing PRUITT!!!!! I would say the Penn State coach is more like a Scott Stricklin hire.
    How do you know so much about Moorhead? I barely know the guy. I did love how he got Barkley the ball in games when teams gameplanned to stop it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post

Pretty much everyone we've talked to.

vCash
    Cohen also likes a coach with a high IQ. That's more Moorehead than Pruitt. Cohen wants a smart coach and that is why Moorehead will be interviewed. Pruitt has the football smarts and honestly some of that is just how he comes off as country. But don't discount the PSU guy. He is very creative and been successful at several levels including P5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Cohen also likes a coach with a high IQ. That's more Moorehead than Pruitt. Cohen wants a smart coach and that is why Moorehead will be interviewed. Pruitt has the football smarts and honestly some of that is just how he comes off as country. But don't discount the PSU guy. He is very creative and been successful at several levels including P5
    Does Cohen want this?
    https://247sports.com/Coach/Joe-Moor...llTimeRecruits

OR this

https://247sports.com/Coach/Jeremy-P...llTimeRecruits

Pretty damn obvious to me. He can't even get elite talent to Penn State. You think he will in the south???
    No Signature

vCash
    Does Cohen want this?

OR this

Pretty damn obvious to me. He can't even get elite talent to Penn State. You think he will in the south???
    On Jeremy's recruits... Jarren Mayden.. is that our QB commits brother?

vCash
    Does Cohen want this?

OR this

I'm telling you that Moorehead checks boxes that Pruitt doesn't for Cohen. Which will be weighed the most in his mind, I don't know, but I think we overvalue certain parts of what Cohen is looking for. Cohen is also a very maticulous organized type of guy and wants a CEO HC who has those qualities as well. He will hire who checks off the boxes that is most important and fits. Remember he also had a good relationship with Mullen and his gut told Byrne to hire him immediately after the interview. Moorehead fits some of those characteristics more than Pruitt. I like Cohen's direction a lot right now, with whoever he hires I think will be solid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    On Jeremy's recruits... Jarren Mayden.. is that our QB commits brother?
    Yes it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post

Good video of him talking about some of his route concepts.
    Good find! Tks

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The best thing about Moorhead is that our fans are already misspelling his name. Sign his ass up! But for real, from what I've read about him he is going to be absolutely outstanding wherever he goes. I hope it's here. I would be happy with any of our top candidates at the moment, though. Read the Sports Illustrated article on Moorhead if you have not already. It's great insight into who he is. He was a great head coach at the lower level (at a place that does not recruit itself) and has won at multiple places where most people can't. That job sound familiar?

vCash
    Not going to happen. Cohen knows he can't recruit.

vCash
    Does Cohen want this?

OR this

Pruitt must be a hell of a recruiter to get kids to sign with Bama, FSU, and UGA. LOL

vCash
    Does Cohen want this?

OR this

Pruitt was secondary on Rivers and primary on Abram for UGA. I thought Grantham landed Abrams?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Pruitt must be a hell of a recruiter to get kids to sign with Bama, FSU, and UGA. LOL
    The point is...HE KNOWS THE RECRUITING GROUND!! HE HAS RELATIONSHIPS ALL ACROSS THE SOUTH!!! It would be a transition with Moorhead. At the very least we would suffer in recruiting for 3 or 4 years. With Pruitt we would a least have a chance. Can we afford to take ANY step back in recruiting especially now with what is going on at OM. We need someone that knows that area and will be an aggressive recruiter. THAT IS PRUITT. You know who else was an offensive genius 10 years ago? Dan Mullen. Any wasn't Phil Longo an offensive WIZARD at Sam Houston State averaging 50 points a game? We are talking about the SEC here. We have seen in big games what the talent gap looks like. We need another level added to our recruiting right now.
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 11-28-2017 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    The point is...HE KNOWS THE RECRUITING GROUND!! HE HAS RELATIONSHIPS ALL ACROSS THE SOUTH!!! It would be a transition with Moorhead. At the very least we would suffer in recruiting for 3 or 4 years. With Pruitt we would a least have a chance. Can we afford to take ANY step back in recruiting especially now with what is going on at OM. We need someone that knows that area and will be an aggressive recruiter. THAT IS PRUITT.
    FSU, UF, and Texas have recruited great and they all sucked this year. UF and Texas have sucked for several years. Get the best COACH. Also you are just assuming that Moorhead can't recruit. And last point, the assistants do most of the leg work with recruiting. Hire great recruiters. Mullen had a bunch of guys like Hev and Gonzo that were shitty recruiters.