Thread: Big (bigger than football) picture

vCash

Big (bigger than football) picture

Here's something that hit me out of the blue today. If you will concede that the two biggest names when determining the future landscape of college athletics in Mississippi are John Cohen an Ross Bjork, think about what that means going forward. Even the most delusional shark-fan in the tree thicket has to be very nervous when they think about that match-up and what it means for hiring and vision in the future. I mean we have a guy who is interviewing top notch candidates. Bjork hired a position coach from inside their own building, and paid him 3 mil a year.

vs

I was cautiously optimistic (but nervously so) about Cohen initially because he wasn't a bean-counter, money-raiser, administrator type; and I thought that's what we would be looking for. From my perspective, the man has easily exceeded expectations so far. That intense bastard is going to have all of our programs on solid footing.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 11-28-2017 at 02:27 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    There is so much right with that post! Rep given!

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    BeastMan started a great thread about how much pull/respect we have throughout the SEC and around the country. This is when doing things the right-way pays off. Take Pruitt for example: the current Alabama AD left on great terms with State, the current Alabama chancellor is a State grad and still a fan at heart, and I honestly could see Saban blessing this much easier than any other SEC opportunity.

There's no telling who we end up with, but I'm fully confident in the athletic department and administration to make the right decision. As much as it kills the SEC media...the HC position in Starkville is about as good as it gets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Here's something that hit me out of the blue today. If you will concede that the two biggest names when determining the future landscape of college athletics in Mississippi are John Cohen an Ross Bjork, think about what that means going forward. Even the most delusional shark-fan in the tree thicket has to be very nervous when they think about that match-up and what it means for hiring and vision in the future.

vs

I was cautiously optimistic (but nervously so) about Cohen initially because he wasn't a bean-counter, money-raiser, administrator type, and I thought that's what we would be looking for. From my perspective, the man has easily exceeded expectations so far. That intense bastard is going to have all of our programs on solid footing.
    Sports personnel wise he is the best or will be proven to be. Has a president behind him. For better or worse, the decision goes through him.

vCash
    Apologize for the self-aggrandizing bump, but that damn Bjork picture is ahhhmazing.

vCash
    There is no question, States on campus leadership is miles ahead of OMs.

I?m just hoping like hell yall are right on the NCAA. I hope they absolutely cripple oM.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-28-2017 at 06:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    There is no question, States on campus leadership is miles ahead of OMs.

I?m just hoping like hell yall are right on the NCAA. I hope they absolutely cripple oM.
    There was a caller that called into one of the afternoon in state sports shows that said he was at the egg bowl and was talking with an OM guy and the guy said he was an OM compliance officer. The compliance guy said they fully expect to get ATLEAST 2 additional years added to the bowl ban. Take that for what it?s worth added with them hiring Luke added to no other coach would even sniff the beautiful campus added to not a fan mccready insinuating it?s gonna be bad = AWESOMENESS

vCash
    General Douglas MacArthur vs Enron "Investor Relations" Officer

I like our chances here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOATHEBears View Post
    There was a caller that called into one of the afternoon in state sports shows that said he was at the egg bowl and was talking with an OM guy and the guy said he was an OM compliance officer. The compliance guy said they fully expect to get ATLEAST 2 additional years added to the bowl ban. Take that for what it?s worth added with them hiring Luke added to no other coach would even sniff the beautiful campus added to not a fan mccready insinuating it?s gonna be bad = AWESOMENESS
    The McReady stuff gives me hope... but he’s been nothing but wrong this whole time so I don’t know what to think.