Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How good would Omar Conner have done under Dan?

vCash

How good would Omar Conner have done under Dan?

I think with Dan?s help developing his passing he would have been a beast.

Thoughts

vCash
    Considering what Dan did with Relf, I would say Omarr would have done pretty well more than likely.

Jackie burning his redshirt in 2003 hurt his development and then Croom shifted him between QB and WR throughout his career when he should have just left him at QB.

vCash
    i had forgotten how much arm strength he had. He could really spin it when he was on. He had some wheels too!

vCash
    He’d be our best WR this year.

vCash
    How about Don Smith?

Banned
    vCash
    Omar was great. Dan woulda put him in the league. Unfortunately sometimes success is determined by timing and luck. Omar was unlucky in both.

vCash
    I don?t know. I liked Omar and he was an athlete- but if the guy couldn?t get it together enough to beat out Mike Henig, I don?t know that he would have developed any better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I don?t know. I liked Omar and he was an athlete- but if the guy couldn?t get it together enough to beat out Mike Henig, I don?t know that he would have developed any better.
    That's Croom's evaluation of the Qb position. That should tell you all you need to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    How about Don Smith?
    If Dan had had Smith and had anything at all to go with him he would have been at the least an All-American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandawg View Post
    I think with Dan?s help developing his passing he would have been a beast.

Thoughts
    Very well. Croom wasted his talent so badly except for that Fla game. Then, incompetently, went back to his normal crap
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Very well. Croom wasted his talent so badly except for that Fla game. Then, incompetently, went back to his normal crap
    Croom made that guy put on like 30 lbs. and tried to turn him into a drop-back guy. What a buffoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Omar was great. Dan woulda put him in the league. Unfortunately sometimes success is determined by timing and luck. Omar was unlucky in both.
    Sorry not buying Dan would have put him in the league. The guy was a terrific athlete and one of my favorite players despite the lack of success he had. He would try anything for the team and I loved that about him. But he was a long ways from being an NFL QB. I think he would have definitely been a solid college QB don't see him getting to the league though. It takes a special special type of talent to get to the league no matter how much coaching you have. Not everyone will make Dak P type strides and as fans we shouldn't expect every QB Dan coaches to make those strides. I do think as long as Dan is here we will have solid QB play for the college game. I don't expect every QB we trot out there to end up making it to the NFL though.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Dak would have been trying to break O.Connor records.
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 11-07-2017 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    Omar would have been a star under Dan and would have broken all kinds of records. Image Omar with J-rock in Dan's offense. I freakin hate Croom when I think of things like this!!!!
    (I don't really hate him. he is a very nice man with great integrity. Terrible HC)

vCash
    Connor was never going to be a great QB. He was a great athlete. He couldn't beat out Fitz now or Dak. Connor's best chance at the NFL was WR. That's why he was moved there. You guys act like Croom didn't have NFL connections. He was trying to help the kid. Croom might not have been a great head coach, but he's not stupid and tried to help the kid. And look at Don Smith. Dude could throw the ball all over the place but he was a NFL rb and couldn't handle the pounding.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    He also didnt play when Fitz and Dak played so he didnt have to beat them out. Stupid statement. At the time he was by far our best option at QB. Nick Fitz was not a QB either (Middle Tenn State offer) but look what Dan is turning him into.

vCash
    If Mullen could make Brian Johnson a winning college QB at Utah, he def couldve made Omarr a winning QB at State. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If Mullen could make Brian Johnson a winning college QB at Utah, he def couldve made Omarr a winning QB at State. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong IMO
    You mean Alex Smith? Because Dan only had Johnson for one year when he was a freshman and wasn't playing.

vCash
    Croom kept an NFL wide receiver( Lance Long) off the field. he totally screwed up Omarr. When Omarr ran the bootleg to beat UAB after the Slytanic told him to run it up the middle for a FG, Croom grabbed Him and chewed Him out for winning the game.

vCash
    Don Smith would?ve been Dak before Dak under Dan.