Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New private rebel board?

vCash

New private rebel board?

What is it and who is there? I know it's the reason that Nafoom is dying a slow death, but what exactly is it.

vCash
    Probably a place to coordinate all their attacks against MSU, if I had to guess. I'll give them this: as a fan base, they are on the same page in a way I'm not sure we'll ever be. It's why we can't pull away and bury them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Probably a place to coordinate all their attacks against MSU, if I had to guess. I'll give them this: as a fan base, they are on the same page in a way I'm not sure we'll ever be. It's why we can't pull away and bury them.
    They have multiple private boards and they absolutely coordinate stuff there. State people have private boards also- nature of the beast these days.

I agree with WMD that they are on the same page like in a way we will never be. Their fans are more into the "greatness of OM" than State fans are into the "greatness of State"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofjackie View Post
    What is it and who is there? I know it's the reason that Nafoom is dying a slow death, but what exactly is it.
    Are there really these boards? Sounds really dumb to me. What do they do, sit around and talk about color coordination with their outfits while thinking everyone is dying to know where they went?

Not only that, but if it's the "reason Nafoom is dying", then wouldn't it basically just be the "new NAFOOM" that others just can't read? I just don't see why you would even want to do that, but I never look t NAFOOM anyway so I may have missed something. It's not like their AD and Freeze are members.

I like this Board's setup better than a "private board"....because I think it's funny that Rebel posters are reading this board right now, but couldn't say shit if they got offended by what we post. Best of both worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They have multiple private boards and they absolutely coordinate stuff there. State people have private boards also- nature of the beast these days.

I agree with WMD that they are on the same page like in a way we will never be. Their fans are more into the "greatness of OM" than State fans are into the "greatness of State"
    If that's the case, and they truly are organizing stuff....I can see the benefits. But not sure what any of the nafoomers could have done to help with that.

vCash
    I'm sure a few of their boards that no one knows about do alot of "organizing" and behind the scene stuff -- but many of them just created private boards in order to be "exclusive" -- despite doing nothing/bringing nothing to earn such exclusivity.

If you think about it, this is the most Ole Miss thing to do EVER.

vCash
    This^^^ I doubt the people on those private boards are "big alumni" getting together to talk about "big alumni" stuff.

I also wouldn't mind if the mods of this board waited another week or two and then cut it off to new members. I guess that would be "exclusive" and private. At least it would make people feel good. Sort of like being in an internet frat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofjackie View Post
    This^^^ I doubt the people on those private boards are "big alumni" getting together to talk about "big alumni" stuff.
    Make no mistake -- this definitely happens. I just doubt the sites that are actually getting things done behind the scenes are stupid enough to have been easily discovered...

vCash
    If anybody has any scoop on this that is better to not post publicly, PM me.

vCash
    Coach got threatened via pm and the guy said they were plotting his demise and trying to gather his private life info on these said boards. People want private boards, that's fine but I honestly don't see the huge need with group texting and apps like group me. If these OM private board folks figure out how to do Skype video conferencing, all their boards will die. It would feel like a multinational corporation bod video conference. That would be the most OM thing ever

vCash
    I didn't say it was their "big alumni," Ghost. I just said it's probably a way for them to coordinate their shit. See XenaReb.

If there was one thing about them I'd swap, it's the unity of their fanbase. They're all in from Dickie Scruggs down to Joe Blow sidewalk alum and all pull the cart in the same direction. Meanwhile we bicker amongst ourselves and try to pull the cart 7 different directions. It really sickens me to think about. And that's the biggest reason they hated The Kang and hate Mullen: They brought/are bringing unity, albeit slowly & painfully, to our fractured fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    And that's the biggest reason they hated The Kang and hate Mullen: They brought/are bringing unity, albeit slowly & painfully, to our fractured fanbase.
    and that is why I get so damn pissed off at our fanbase. They let their Rebel friends **** with the heads and have them thinking Mullen is underachieving or has reached his ceiling. Mullen has us performing better than any coach we have ever had. And they are convincing some of our fans to act a fool to run him off or convince other fans he should be on the hotseat.

Other schools dont like State being a threat every season. They have seen us make shitty hires over the years- and are hoping we will make another. They dont want Mullen staying here and winning 6-7-8-9 games a season. They want the 3-9 Miss State back.

vCash
    Rebels are unified in SOME admirable ways.

But Col Reb says pump the brakes on rebel unity sunshine. All that old south stuff has them divided and it is their school's biggest stumbling block.

vCash
    Nafoom is dying because they are all on SPS ... they get far more entertainment by trolling SPS then run back to Nafoom and congratulate themselves on how witty they were

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Nafoom is dying because they are all on SPS ... they get far more entertainment by trolling SPS then run back to Nafoom and congratulate themselves on how witty they were
    This.......

vCash
    Are you seeing Black Helicopters again?

I am not aware of any private boards for either school. There is coordination via email that I am aware of.
    I will ask a few of my rebel buddies who's families are big donors this weekend and report back.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post

I am not aware of any private boards for either school. There is coordination via email that I am aware of.
    I will ask a few of my rebel buddies who's families are big donors this weekend and report back.
    It's because you aren't on one and haven't been invited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post

not at all...they exist for both schools

Engie busted Indybowlmainstay last year- guy had a ton of yuku posts but very few on SPS or Nafoom...and alot more posters just like him...and they arent posting on Star Trek boards and shit
    Last edited by Coach34; 04-11-2013 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Their fans are more into the "greatness of OM" than State fans are into the "greatness of State"
    Nothing has ever been more truthful. Just look at a page like SixPack where its actually considered cool to run down a lot of things MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlissken View Post
    Nothing has ever been more truthful. Just look at a page like SixPack where its actually considered cool to run down a lot of things MSU.
    Truth
    Elitedawgs - A forum for Mississippi State fans

@elitedawgs