Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Gibson

vCash

Nick Gibson

Can we get him a few more carries please?

vCash
    He should be 1, 2 with Aeris with Hill coming in 3rd
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    I admit that I found it a little frustrating with AW not popping more than 4 yds a carry against an A&M D that had been thrashed on rushing yards but let's be realistic, those rushing yds by our other backs were "after the fact" yards.

I'm sure A&M prepared well for our rushing attack and I give them credit for what they did considering how many 3 & outs our D was putting on them.

I'm confident in what Mullen will do and prepare for the rest of the season.

vCash
    I'd like to see some two back sets.
    I'd like to see Gibson break one. He seems like he would have that extra gear when he gets in the open field

vCash
    I think he's the best runner we have. May not block well or something, but I've always like his vision, speed, and physicality.

vCash
    Back in the day in my early 20's, I walked down to the fence and gave words of encouragement to Freshmen Keefer McGee and another Freshman RB from Hernando to keep their heads up, better days were coming in a game that was far out of reach for us. I really loved watching Keefer play and really questioned seeing #21 jersey issued again. After reading about Gipson on and off the field and seeing how hard he plays and his improvement it feels good to see 21 in action again. My first thought after that hard nosed TD run was that Keefer would be proud. I hope his family is good with this and felt good too. Hail State!

vCash
    I would like to see us use Lee as an HB and I would like to situationally use our RBs more. I think Aeris, Hill, and Fitz in the first 2 and a half quarters is pretty potent. But Gibson plus Fitz in the later game situations or at the back end of a long drive would maximize Gibson's potential. He was blowing them up on that drive he got because they physically couldn't handle him. I hope Mullen plays him more. He's earned more than 4 carries in a game.

vCash
    Guys, Aeris banged on that defense when it was fresh. A defense that has numerous NFL guys. Nick started getting carries when they were over 60 plays and had been on the field the whole game. That’s the beauty of having 3 good backs. You always have fresh legs down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Guys, Aeris banged on that defense when it was fresh. A defense that has numerous NFL guys. Nick started getting carries when they were over 60 plays and had been on the field the whole game. That’s the beauty of having 3 good backs. You always have fresh legs down the stretch.
    Yep. Aeris 22 carries for 68 yards does not look impressive, but it was a good night. Saved fitz some hits too on top of what you just said

vCash
    Gibson needs to take care of things off the field. Also, looks like Hill is unhappy with his PT... grasshopper needs to stay patient and work hard.

vCash
    Gipson just has that burst, I?m glad to see him finally get his shot. What about Jessie Jackson? Dude had a game last night and he actually looks like a wr!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Gibson needs to take care of things off the field. Also, looks like Hill is unhappy with his PT... grasshopper needs to stay patient and work hard.
    Does not help his cause putting the ball on the ground like last night. I would be fine with resting aeris next week, starting Gibson, and letting hill get 15 or so carries

vCash
    Did couch play last night? Several attempts to todd, but don't remember couch

vCash
    AW is the #1 but I would love to see Gibson get more carries. He looked really good yesterday.

vCash

What evidence is there to make this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Did he say he was unhappy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Did he say he was unhappy?
    I was wondering that myself. He?s playing hard when he?s in there so obviously he?s not pouting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Did couch play last night? Several attempts to todd, but don't remember couch

I never saw his number on the field, but I guess I could have missed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I'd like to see some two back sets.
    I'd like to see Gibson break one. He seems like he would have that extra gear when he gets in the open field

Won't happen, but I would like to see a diamond formation.

vCash
    Reminds me of the old days of bench Taite and put in Wyatt. Bench Wyatt and put in Madkin. Bench Madkin and put in Fant...

AW is our #1 and should be.

vCash
    They keyed in on A Train and he is more of a bruiser which AM is built to stop. It was a great adjustment by Mullen to put Gibson in as a shifty back that worms through the defense.