Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So you admit our OL is better than LSU's

vCash

So you admit our OL is better than LSU's

That's great to read on this board. I agree, Our OL is better than LSU's.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Considering they are already banged up I might would take ours. I do hope arden key doesnt play though it would be a big help

vCash
    They've got to somehow block Simmons/Sweat/ Green etc. I'm not sure LSU has the line for that and Etling lacks the mobility to avoid.

Our biggest single advantage in this game may be that our QB is mobile and their's is not.

If we stuff Guice on first down, they are in trouble.

LSU will have to play action and throw on 1st down.

vCash
    based on what?

We had one 1st half drive. We struggled to move the ball in the 1st half. Thank goodness the defense set us up with a couple of short drives and a blocked punt for a TD. Fitz struggled to complete a pass that wasn't sideways. It's going to be tough to move the ball Saturday with any consistency

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyper View Post
    based on what?

We had one 1st half drive. We struggled to move the ball in the 1st half. Thank goodness the defense set us up with a couple of short drives and a blocked punt for a TD. Fitz struggled to complete a pass that wasn't sideways. It's going to be tough to move the ball Saturday with any consistency
    I'm not saying we're better, but let's compare rushing last night...

Lsu vs Chattanooga = 46 att 222 yds 4.8 per
    Us vs la Tech = 40 att 327 yds 8.2 per

I don't know who will have the better line, but both have a liability on the line right now in their freshmen.

vCash
    based on what?

That has what to do with the OL...

The fact is, LSU has allowed sacks on their QB to teams that are equal to the ones we played. Our numbers are better. Guice is only averaging 5.3 yards... Hill, Williams and Fitz is averaging way more.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    LSU is going to lock up in man and commit the rest to the box. We will have to complete passes to beat LSU

vCash
    LSU is going to lock up in man and commit the rest to the box. We will have to complete passes to beat LSU
    And we'll do the same.

Loading the box and playing man is a recipe for fitz running HRs BTW. Hopefully it happens

vCash
    This is what worries me. We're going to get done to us what OSU is getting done to them. We're gonna need some kind of down field passing game to compete with the better SEC teams

vCash
    You run our big TEs down the seam over and over and over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    This is what worries me. We're going to get done to us what OSU is getting done to them. We're gonna need some kind of down field passing game to compete with the better SEC teams
    Barrett isn't even close to the big threat runner fitz is. Loading the box vs us can certainly stuff us, but it can also lead to 50 yard runs for fitz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Barrett isn't even close to the big threat runner fitz is. Loading the box vs us can certainly stuff us, but it can also lead to 50 yard runs for fitz
    So you don't think hitting some shots down the field will help with our running game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    So you don't think hitting some shots down the field will help with our running game?
    Absolutely it will.

I'm just saying loading the box isn't without dangers vs us even in the running game.

vCash
    Hold Guice to 100 yards max, we win easily. Keep him out of the secondary.

vCash
    Yes, our OL is better and yes we will beat LSU. I'm usually one of them myself, but I am sick and tired of the negative Nancy's on this board that simply can't enjoy the fact that we have a pretty damn good team.

vCash
    We are absolutely improved over last season. Nobody is debating that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You run our big TEs down the seam over and over and over.
    They will be blocking a lot of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    They will be blocking a lot of the time.
    No... they will slip out. If they load the box To stop the run, those seams will beat them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    No... they will slip out. If they load the box To stop the run, those seams will beat them.
    Exactly! Thank you! That's exactly what you run to beat it! Those passes don't take long to develop so the protection won't have to hold forever and it loosens the middle. Seen that defeat that type of defense time and time again!

Archimedes
    vCash
    Their is one simple personnel grouping that makes our ol a lot more effective blocking.

Most of our big plays this year has come from that grouping on the ground game.