Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about this team and coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Playoffs?????
    Playoffs???? Don't talk about playoffs. You kidding me? I just hope we can win another game.

vCash
    I wanna see our D against a team that's capable of completing a forward pass before I make up my mind on anything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I wanna see our D against a team that's capable of completing a forward pass before I make up my mind on anything
    Yeh I'm not ready to crown this defense yet. Granted, night and day difference from the opener last year but I'm going to wait until we play a better offense before I get too wooly.

Banned
    vCash
    Florida State isn't the 2nd best team in the country. Not even close. Francois was throwing balls up for grabs the entire 2nd half. They are very good defensively and I expect them to win 9-10 games in the ACC just based on that, but they will struggle against Clemson and probably a few other teams as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Sure we do. Not every thing is dependent on WRs. We have talent there, but we have GREAT TEs. That spreads any defense. This OL is going to surprise you.
    The ist team OL will be ok if Reese grows to the job. And we will be in trouble if injuries to either LT or RT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    The ist team OL will be ok if Reese grows to the job. And we will be in trouble if injuries to either LT or RT.
    I'm extremely concerned about O-line. I'm expecting LSU to make our nightmare become reality. The O-line just isn't very good. Why Mullen continues to allow Hevesy to **** our season is beyond me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I'm extremely concerned about O-line. I'm expecting LSU to make our nightmare become reality. The O-line just isn't very good. Why Mullen continues to allow Hevesy to **** our season is beyond me
    Beyond you and me and a lot of other State fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I don't want to guess what our record will be after one game but I will say this team is going to be way better then last season team. After yesterday games there is only one team on schedule I think we absolutely can't beat.
    Other than politics, I find myself agreeing with Jack Lambert more often than not. "This team is going to be way better than last season's team" is what I came away with yesterday too. Very difficult to predict win/loss, but this team is going to be fun to watch.
    I will admit that I know little in the area of "X's and O's" but I was impressed with the discipline of the defense; especially considering the opponent was option oriented. It appeared to me that they were focused on their assignments instead of the ball which, as I understand it, is important.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 09-03-2017 at 02:27 PM.

vCash
    You guys say that every year... ranked #1 or not.

Williams was barely short of 1000 yards that features a Qb over that position.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    You guys say that every year... ranked #1 or not.

Williams was barely short of 1000 yards that features a Qb over that position.
    Come talk to me after LSU. If the O-line holds their own I will gladly come on here and say I was wrong. I just don't see it.

vCash
    Come talk to me after LSU. If the O-line holds their own I will gladly come on here and say I was wrong. I just don't see it.
    As will I, or if the OL holds their own against Auburn or Georgia for that matter. I have zero confidence that we can hold our own against Alabama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    As will I, or if the OL holds their own against Auburn or Georgia for that matter. I have zero confidence that we can hold our own against Alabama.
    I pretty much write Alabama off. We can't compete. But the other 3 mentioned I expect to at least make it competitive if not win. I think we could make a run at all 3 if the OL can hold up and the passing game gets tighter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I don't know that anyone's gonna hold their own against bama this year. It's crazy to see but this looks like it maybe Sabans best defense. It's scary!

vCash
    Sure we do. Not every thing is dependent on WRs. We have talent there, but we have GREAT TEs. That spreads any defense. This OL is going to surprise you.
    when? next year. We were going against a DL where we outweighed them by 70lbs. They were still getting to our /rBs in the backfield.

Banned
    vCash
    Yeah. There's zero chance we go to the play offs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    when? next year. We were going against a DL where we outweighed them by 70lbs. They were still getting to our /rBs in the backfield.
    Yep. We should have thrown them around like rag dolls.

vCash
    Yep. We should have thrown them around like rag dolls.
    I can see that, you can see that, but a lot of State fans can't, or just don't want to.

vCash
    Seriously.... i just have to laugh sometimes. We rushed for 281 yards at an average of a little less than 6 per carry making us 19th in rushing yards.

We went into our subs when?? Come on!
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

Banned
    vCash
    A good SEC OL doesn't allow a Charleston D so many stuffs at the LOS. the only good running plays I saw were from Fitz or when we got creative with non generic stuff. I don't remember any vanilla straight up the middle successful runs. That shouldn't happen especially considering the size advantage along with the fact Charleston was constantly coming on time and time again after 3 and outs.

vCash
    Our subs at RB might be better then the first, definitely better then the second.