Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about this team and coach

vCash

The truth about this team and coach

Addressing the coach: He has developed the best developmental program in the nation. He moved to make MSU a national contender for the next 4 years.

On THIS team:

The truth is this team is way better than most here was giving credit. The defense played with disipline. They played hard, and it took place from 1st string to 4th.

This defense will win the games that we lost last year. 4 games we lost last year due to a lack of defense. Those are Ark, Lsu, Byu, Uk.

The truth is we have some clean up to do on offense. We lost focus and Fitz will have to settle down. We have work horses at rb and the starters are being pushed.

TE are great
    Wr need some growth.

Ol just hasnt been tested yet.

We have an opportunity THIS season to make the playoffs.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Addressing the coach: He has developed the best developmental program in the nation. He moved to make MSU a national contender for the next 4 years.

On THIS team:

The truth is this team is way better than most here was giving credit. The defense played with disipline. They played hard, and it took place from 1st string to 4th.

This defense will win the games that we lost last year. 4 games we lost last year due to a lack of defense. Those are Ark, Lsu, Byu, Uk.

The truth is we have some clean up to do on offense. We lost focus and Fitz will have to settle down. We have work horses at rb and the starters are being pushed.

TE are great
    Wr need some growth.

I look forward seeing A&M & Tennessee play this weekend, but, my first impressions are that outside of Alabama & Florida State, college football is relatively flat.

I don't think we are play off contender because I don't think we have the OL to run the ball consistently against elite teams & we don't have the polish in the passing game to pick apart top teams.

Bama is clearly the best team in the country & it isn't close.
    I think FSU is the 2nd best team depending on Francois' injury

After those two, everyone has significant flaws.

USC & Ohio State looked vulnerable.
    Auburn looked meh
    I don't know how LSU will beat anyone if their run game is limited
    Georgia is solid, but they have a very LSU type feel to them.
    Ole Miss has gaping holes on defense & in the run game.
    Arkansas looked meh

From what I've seen this weekend, I by no means think we are perfect & don't have our own massive issues, but I think this team has top 10-15 ranking potential. We won't make the playoff or compete for the West, but we are pretty damn solid. We are extremely athletic with speed & playmakers.

If you look at the top 25 rankings, teams 16-25 I think we are better than

16 Louisville 0-0 629 ? We would beat them
    17 Florida 0-0 624 ? Can't score
    18 Miami 0-0 492 ? Meh
    19 South Florida 0-0 327 ? Terrible
    20 Kansas State 0-0 317 ? We are way more talented
    21 Virginia Tech 0-0 240 ? Lack explosiveness
    22 West Virginia 0-0 207 ? Same
    23 Texas 0-0 173 ? We would beat by 3 scores
    24 Washington State 0-0 133 ? Matchup problem for us, but we are way more talented
    25 Tennessee - Haven't seen yet but I'm not expecting much. Probably a lot like Florida with less defensive talent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I look forward seeing A&M & Tennessee play this weekend, but, my first impressions are that outside of Alabama & Florida State, college football is relatively flat.

I don't think we are play off contender because I don't think we have the OL to run the ball consistently against elite teams & we don't have the polish in the passing game to pick apart top teams.

Bama is clearly the best team in the country & it isn't close.
    I think FSU is the 2nd best team depending on Francois' injury

After those two, everyone has significant flaws.

USC & Ohio State looked vulnerable.
    Auburn looked meh
    I don't know how LSU will beat anyone if their run game is limited
    Georgia is solid, but they have a very LSU type feel to them.
    Ole Miss has gaping holes on defense & in the run game.
    Arkansas looked meh

From what I've seen this weekend, I by no means think we are perfect & don't have our own massive issues, but I think this team has top 10-15 ranking potential. We won't make the playoff or compete for the West, but we are pretty damn solid. We are extremely athletic with speed & playmakers.

If you look at the top 25 rankings, teams 16-25 I think we are better than

16 Louisville 0-0 629 ? We would beat them
    17 Florida 0-0 624 ? Can't score
    18 Miami 0-0 492 ? Meh
    19 South Florida 0-0 327 ? Terrible
    20 Kansas State 0-0 317 ? We are way more talented
    21 Virginia Tech 0-0 240 ? Lack explosiveness
    22 West Virginia 0-0 207 ? Same
    23 Texas 0-0 173 ? We would beat by 3 scores
    24 Washington State 0-0 133 ? Matchup problem for us, but we are way more talented
    25 Tennessee - Haven't seen yet but I'm not expecting much. Probably a lot like Florida with less defensive talent
    There is zero doubt that Bama is the best team through week 1. It was a game of hype and they came out with a passion. It's easier to turn it on against a ranked team than a nobody.

I do think we have a issue with Fitz being to pumped. He missed opportunities in passing. I differ in that we are playoff contenders. I think we have the ability to be a 1 lose team, and with our schedule, I 100% believe that should get us in.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    We don't have WR's that can win 1-on-1 matchups against high-level DB talent. And we're missing another elite T on the OL. Those are the main reasons we won't win 10 games this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    We don't have WR's that can win 1-on-1 matchups against high-level DB talent. And we're missing another elite T on the OL. Those are the main reasons we won't win 10 games this year.
    Sure we do. Not every thing is dependent on WRs. We have talent there, but we have GREAT TEs. That spreads any defense. This OL is going to surprise you.

vCash
    I think we have a team that has won one game. I look forward to seeing how we do against a tougher opponent we should handle. Saw a lot more positives than negatives and improvement in past areas of concern. Nothing negative in saying this. Too soon to tell what we really got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    Too soon to tell what we really got.
    Of course, but it's not too difficult to compare yesterday to our past selves.

How good are we? I have no clue, but I do know we are better than last year & probably have the best team we've had since 2014

vCash

On THIS team:

TE are great
    Wr need some growth.

Just wrong. 8 wins max which would be great. Fitz is erratic, no o-line, and the defense might win us 4 games but kicker will cost us at least 1 game.

vCash

How good are we? I have no clue, but I do know we are better than last year & probably have the best team we've had since 2014
    I agree that I think we are much better on defense. We have 2 really good QB's, very good RB's, and good TE's. The albatross around our neck is still the OL, and the primary reason that we will stand almost zero chance of beating Alabama, and very little chance of beating LSU and Auburn. Our OL ineffective play is why I don't believe we will ever get to Atlanta as long as Mullen persists in keeping Hevesy as offensive line coach.

vCash

Exactly. It's not who we played, it's the discipline, knowledge, assignments kept, movement to the ball etc etc. In other words, that's the improvements. We would have won this game with just talent imo. Those things, when mixed with talent, makes things happen in major games. Talent alone will not.

THAT'S what I was looking at.

vCash
    I'm thinking 7-5 this year, still. Lack of having a reliable kicker will cost us one game, maybe two. If I had to guess, LSU will be one.

vCash
    I don't want to guess what our record will be after one game but I will say this team is going to be way better then last season team. After yesterday games there is only one team on schedule I think we absolutely can't beat.

vCash

Nothing wrong with being an optimist, wish I had more of that in me. But no way we have the ingredients to make that kind of a run. I'm still going with 7-5 but would love to be surprised with 8 or 9.

vCash

On THIS team:

TE are great
    Wr need some growth.

Playoffs?????

vCash
    Sure we do. Not every thing is dependent on WRs. We have talent there, but we have GREAT TEs. That spreads any defense. This OL is going to surprise you.
    Thank you! Enough with the WR crap. We have very serviceable WRs... very reminiscent of 2013, the year before Bear's breakout. Our best WR then... slot receiver Jameon Lewis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Playoffs?????
    That's what he said??? Optimism at its highest level. No chance of that. None

vCash
    I'm an optimist by nature but I'm sure we are gonna win 7 maybe 8 and if things break right we could win 9 but playoffs ain't happening this year. And that's not a knock on the team cause I think we are pretty dang good and gonna give some of the big boys heck this year. However you also have to be realistic.

vCash
    The one thing I can say with 100 percent certainty is that we will be much better on defense from now on. We looked well coached and played with tremendous energy and discipline. I dont care if it is CSU that defense was wearing that ass out yesterday. La Tech will be a good test they are pretty good. J'mar Smith their QB played at Meridian he is the real deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm an optimist by nature but I'm sure we are gonna win 7 maybe 8 and if things break right we could win 9 but playoffs ain't happening this year. And that's not a knock on the team cause I think we are pretty dang good and gonna give some of the big boys heck this year. However you also have to be realistic.
    Agreed. No playoffs but we have a good shot at 8/9 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Playoffs?????
    Yes. Dont worry... thats not a shot at bama.... lol.