Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: West predictions on espn

vCash
    Dick Cross has the bears at 8-4 meaning after they lose to Texas, aTm, Bama and LSU then they would run the table. A'int happening.
    Yes, Braswell is for real, and they have him back along with Moncrief. But they lived off emotion last year. Despite the meltdown with aTm, if the Aggies hadn't turned the ball over a ton the bears would have lost huge. They caught a lot of breaks that they won't catch this year.

I see them about like us at 6-6 and some of the luster of Bucky will be lost.

If Wallace goes down, they will have a losing season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    Ole miss is at best 8-4..
    I think OM goes 8-4 or 7-5....we HAVE to take care of business in Sville this year

vCash
    Wow, a thread on a public MSU board that discusses Ole Miss without a bunch of bears rushing in to lecture us about how stupid we are. I'm liking this place...

vCash
    Don't forget that A&M also lost their offensive coordiantor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    Wow, a thread on a public MSU board that discusses Ole Miss without a bunch of bears rushing in to lecture us about how stupid we are. I'm liking this place...
    That's why we are here.
    Elitedawgs - A forum for Mississippi State fans

@elitedawgs

vCash
    I disagree on so much of that I don't know where to start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I disagree on so much of that I don't know where to start
    Start with aTm being better than Bama. Or OM being better than LSU

smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg4Life View Post
    OM being better than LSU

smh
    I wont be surprised at all if OM beats LSU

LSU lost a shit ton of talent on defense- and they were all Jr's- which means what is behind them is even younger. They still have alot of talent-but LSU could lose as many as 4 games in 2013

vCash
    This year will be our best chance to beat LSU - they lost a bunch of players, I'm still not sold on Mettenberger, we return our entire OL, QB and RB's, we have some talent at receiver. Our front seven should be good too. Our secondary will be young, but there is talent there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    There is no way Ole Miss is "one step away". Their crootin class isn't going to contribute in a meaningful way this year. Best case they provide depth. No way they have a true freshman playmaker that scares anybody.

There are question marks on Wallace's health.

Last year, they surprised everybody by being average instead of awful. They will not surprise anybody this year. Furthermore the leap from good to great is huge. 6-7 wins is their best case scenario for this year.

8/29/13 at Vanderbilt An upset win
    09/07/13 vs. SEMO win
    09/14/13 at Texas loss
    09/28/13 at Alabama loss
    10/05/13 at Auburn win - too much drama and trauma on the plains
    10/12/13 vs. Texas A&M loss
    10/19/13 vs. LSU loss
    10/26/13 vs. Idaho win
    11/09/13 vs. Arkansas win
    11/16/13 vs. Troy win
    11/23/13 vs. Missouri win
    11/30/13 at Mississippi State loss

Here I'm calling for a very generous 7 win season that includes upsets @Vandy and @Auburn. It is probably more realistic that they win 5.
    I'd hate that schedule if I were a Bear. If they come in cocky to the Vandy game, they will lose and are staring at a 1-3 start to the season. Then they have a question mark at Auburn on the road. After that, they start 6 games in a row at home with A&M and LSU being on the front-end. The fans will get tired of traveling if they have a bumpy start. They should have a solid defense and have some play makers on offense, but that schedule is primed to set up for disaster if they don't start off well.

vCash
    Ol' Hugh will jump up and just cry to reporters and fans "we only have 65 scholarship players" (not counting the ones he's redshirting), and we just need more time to build our numbers back up.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg View Post
    This year will be our best chance to beat LSU - they lost a bunch of players, I'm still not sold on Mettenberger, we return our entire OL, QB and RB's, we have some talent at receiver. Our front seven should be good too. Our secondary will be young, but there is talent there.
    It's almost an "If Not Now, When?" type of deal. The law of averages says they can't beat us 30 times in a row or whatever it will be once they get upright after this year and go on another run.

We HAVE to beat them this year just because.....

vCash
    Just for a few quick fire disagreements. Bama will steamroll A&M. OM isn't close to LSU. LSU will be better than many realize b/c football is QB driven and Mettenberger makes a jump. He was much better at the end last year. Auburn will be better than OM. Auburn will make the biggest improvement in the SEC next year. There's a start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg View Post
    Ol' Hugh will jump up and just cry to reporters and fans "we only have 65 scholarship players" (not counting the ones he's redshirting), and we just need more time to build our numbers back up.
    And many of their fans repeat it as the gospel truth. That line of bullshit drove me up the wall last year... I just hit them back with this constantly and get a blank stare...
    http://blutarsky.wordpress.com/2012/...-so-overrated/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Auburn will be better than OM. Auburn will make the biggest improvement in the SEC next year. There's a start
    I dont think Auburn has the players for this to happen. Gus will do a good job- but they have their work cut out for them in 2013 and not much depth.

vCash
    aTm will lose to Bama, LSU will lose 4 games (one to us), Auburn will struggle to get 6 wins but will be much more competetive, and Arkansas will be a train wreck. If we can win the at Auburn and then beat LSU, this sets up for an 8 win season.

vCash
    If we end up more than a game away from OM (in either direction) I'd be surprised. LSU may lose a ton to the draft but if we are giving OM credit for a great class it was only slightly better than LSU's and the 2012 class (which is a better indicator of what we'll see on the field probably) is far and away in LSUs favor and for that matter so is ours.

We found out, just like they will, that winning on emotion is great but emotion runs out eventually.

I could see the winner of us and OM winning 8 and the other 7.