2. Bama

One step away

3. Ole miss
    4. Lsu

Needs help

5. Msu
    6. Auburn
    7. Arkansas

I thought their comments were pretty good and our ranking was basically because of our strength of schedule.

Om is riding their recruiting class. Ark is low because the new coach is a power running game guy and that will take at least another year to build.

They did say auburn and Msu can surprise some people. I would have flipped lsu and om.

vCash
    I would flip Bama and aTm .... no way they beat Saban twice in a row ... folks will be ready for Johnnie Football this year .... spot on with flipping OM & LSU ... other than that, a blind man could have made those predictions

vCash
    It's going to be an interesting year in the SEC West

Bama and A&M are definitely the best 2
    LSU has a badass schedule and lost a helluva lot of Jr's- they will take a step back and could lose 4 games this year
    OM is going to be pretty good but the middle of their schedule is pretty tough- their toss-up games are also on the road- @Vandy, @Auburn, and @State
    State will be improved overall but has a ridiculous schedule- our season comes down to being able to win @Auburn, @UPig, and home to OM
    Auburn- could they lose every SEC home game? State, OM, Georgia, and Bama.
    UPig- they have a tough slate also to rebound to- with A&M, SC, Auburn, and State at home....Welcome to the SEC Bielema

vCash
    There is no way Ole Miss is "one step away". Their crootin class isn't going to contribute in a meaningful way this year. Best case they provide depth. No way they have a true freshman playmaker that scares anybody.

There are question marks on Wallace's health.

Last year, they surprised everybody by being average instead of awful. They will not surprise anybody this year. Furthermore the leap from good to great is huge. 6-7 wins is their best case scenario for this year.

8/29/13 at Vanderbilt An upset win
    09/07/13 vs. SEMO win
    09/14/13 at Texas loss
    09/28/13 at Alabama loss
    10/05/13 at Auburn win - too much drama and trauma on the plains
    10/12/13 vs. Texas A&M loss
    10/19/13 vs. LSU loss
    10/26/13 vs. Idaho win
    11/09/13 vs. Arkansas win
    11/16/13 vs. Troy win
    11/23/13 vs. Missouri win
    11/30/13 at Mississippi State loss

Here I'm calling for a very generous 7 win season that includes upsets @Vandy and @Auburn. It is probably more realistic that they win 5.

vCash
    1) Bama
    2) LSU
    3) A&M
    4) State
    5) OM
    6) Auburn
    7) Arkansas

A&M lost some absolute studs up front on bith sides of the ball. Remember when OM lost a lot of 1st round NFL talent up front and everyone though they were in the running for a national championship? A&M won't be able to replace those guys up front as easily as everyone thinks, just like OM wasn't even though all their skill people returned. It's a sexy pick, but it's a stupid pick. LSU has a tough schedule with UGA and UF in the east, so they could fall to 3rd behind A&M, but A&M won't be ready to win the West this year. Too much to replace up front. Last year Johnny Football scrambled for fun. This year hell scramble because he has to. Different ball game.

I expect OM's offensive production to drop off some and their defense to be much better. All in all, they'll be about the se as last year.

We'll probably be 4-4 in the SEC.

Auburn's on drugs. Ark will have to adjust their style if play and personnel. I'm not sure Ark has the in-state talent they need to run a power set and I think A&M is going to make it impossible for them to get blue chip OL out of Texas in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    There is no way Ole Miss is "one step away". Their crootin class isn't going to contribute in a meaningful way this year. Best case they provide depth. No way they have a true freshman playmaker that scares anybody.
    Don't you know they have the #1 recruit in the country. He's even better than Clowney and could start in the NFL if given a chance next year...*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Don't you know they have the #1 recruit in the country. He's even better than Clowney and could start in the NFL if given a chance next year...*
    Kimdeechy has tremendous talent and might be phenomenal. But he is also an attention whore that could easily enjoy too much nightlife around town and underwhelm. I wont be surprised either way

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    But he is also an attention whore that could easily enjoy too much nightlife around town and underwhelm. I wont be surprised either way
    White girlz giveth, white girlz taketh away

vCash
    "FlabLoser;2555]There is no way Ole Miss is "one step away". Their crootin class isn't going to contribute in a meaningful way this year. Best case they provide depth. No way they have a true freshman playmaker that scares anybody.
    There are question marks on Wallace's health."

I picture Wallace being Jevan #2. High expectations but flounders this year.
    Fan of MSU, bacon, ellipses, and side boobs...

vCash
    Everyone's sippin the rebel koolaid, be interesting to see how they handle the spot light next year.

vCash
    A&M only lost one OT, Matthews is coming back to play with his little brother, who will play center..
    They return their best receiver and RB on offense along with Johnny Football. They do lose a stud on the defensive end.

The only plus is that everyone in the SEC has now seen Johnny Football live and can game-plan for him.

They will be good and could go undefeated next year.

Banned
    vCash
    There is absolutely no way OM is a step away from winning the West. ESPN always knobs the bears like this when they're decent.

Lets look back at their 2012 team, shall we.

They beat Auburn--who went 3-9
    They beat Arkansas--who went 4-8
    They beat an awful Tulane team
    They beat a Msstate team that was just ready for the season to over at that point
    They beat Central Arkansas
    They beat Pitt--who was also barely in a bowl.

Their best win was over an 8-5 MSU team that had pretty well already quit. I don't look for OM to do again what they did last year, tbh. I got into the debate with a bear on another forum and told him that Mullen's first season was better than Freeze, and that one win didn't make Freeze a better coach. The rest of the list looks solid, though.

Banned
    vCash
    Here are my predictions

TAMU
    Bama
    LSU
    State
    Ole Miss
    Auburn
    Arkansas

Auburn has a coach that knows how to use the talent they have, and they DO have better talent than Arky at the moment. AU always seems to reel in a solid class.

vCash
    OM is going to be solid- not great

They return their OL- just like we do. They also return their DL guys- plus add Kimdeechy and that juco DT. That will make them solid no doubt- but they are in no way "one step away"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Auburn has a coach that knows how to use the talent they have, and they DO have better talent than Arky at the moment. AU always seems to reel in a solid class.
    Auburn does have some talent- but they have had a helluva lot of attrition the last 2 years also.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    OM is going to be solid- not great

They return their OL- just like we do. They also return their DL guys- plus add Kimdeechy and that juco DT. That will make them solid no doubt- but they are in no way "one step away"
    They'll be solid, like you said. But there's a difference between being solid and ready to take down Bama or TAMU like those ESPN predictions seemed to imply. Now, as far as LSU goes, I could see us or them, taking down the tigers this fall. LSU is losing a lot.......and especially with them coming to Starkville and Oxford. In other words, this is the year we break the corndog curse.

vCash
    I see a lot of you all predicting aTm will be better than Bama. Do you all think the other coaches in the conference may have figured out ways to slow down their offense? I know Texas A&M is talented, but I'm wondering if this year will be a little tougher for them because we'll be more familiar with them and what they do. Tougher in a way that won't allow them to have a better record than Bama.

vCash

i wouldn't discount them

Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post

There are question marks on Wallace's health.

Last year, they surprised everybody by being average instead of awful. They will not surprise anybody this year. Furthermore the leap from good to great is huge. 6-7 wins is their best case scenario for this year.

8/29/13 at Vanderbilt An upset win
    09/07/13 vs. SEMO win
    09/14/13 at Texas loss
    09/28/13 at Alabama loss
    10/05/13 at Auburn win - too much drama and trauma on the plains
    10/12/13 vs. Texas A&M loss
    10/19/13 vs. LSU loss
    10/26/13 vs. Idaho win
    11/09/13 vs. Arkansas win
    11/16/13 vs. Troy win
    11/23/13 vs. Missouri win
    11/30/13 at Mississippi State loss

Here I'm calling for a very generous 7 win season that includes upsets @Vandy and @Auburn. It is probably more realistic that they win 5.
    It's not the recruiting class they're looking at. They return a huge amount of their starters from last year and they finished the year a much better team than when they started. Plus Brassell is back, Nkemdiche provides depth, and Ward is there with a year under his belt. Assuming we beat them this year is a leap to me. they thoroughly whipped us last year, and we'll have our hands full. I could see them beating LSU too. They give them a good game most years, and it's at home. I could see them finishing 2nd or 3rd in the west.

vCash
    If OM doesnt beat Vandy on the opener I can see them starting 1-6 or 2-5. Win against SE Missiouri St. and Auburn. Auburn wont be a gimme either with it being on the road

vCash
    Ole miss is at best 8-4. I think we win 8 again, but it won't feel as dissappointing as last year. We will be happy with these 8.