Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: For those certain OM has passed us by this year:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    You can spout this crap you want -- but still, at this point, that Texas win is about as big as any win Mullen has had in 4.25 years here. Go ahead and rationalize that away however you want... You can't call our 2010 Florida, Georgia, and Michigan wins signature victories without admitting the same is true for them going INTO Texas and beating the hell out of them in front of 100k people in their home stadium AT NIGHT...
    Are you serious? How can you possibly equate Texas to any of the 2010 teams you mentioned? Those teams may have been weaker than usual, but were still good football teams who beat some good teams and lost some close ones to good teams. Texas has been blown out in 2 of their 3 games, and the only win is against 0-3 New Mexico State (A team blown out by Minnesota & UTEP). 2010 UF, UGA & Michigan weren't the world-beaters they usually are, but all 3 were solid. Texas is just plain bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    2010 UF, UGA & Michigan weren't the world-beaters they usually are, but all 3 were solid. Texas is just plain bad.
    come on - it's week 3. UT has looked bad - but they will win 6 games this year - same as UGA (WHO LOST TO A CUSA TEAM IN THEIR BOWL GAME) UF won 7 games plus a bowl and Michigan won 7 and fired their coach.

Dude - you're hurting your own argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    come on - it's week 3. UT has looked bad - but they will win 6 games this year - same as UGA (WHO LOST TO A CUSA TEAM IN THEIR BOWL GAME) UF won 7 games plus a bowl and Michigan won 7 and fired their coach.

Dude - you're hurting your own argument.
    Would you feel better if I said it's wrong to compare UT to 2010 UF, UGA & Michigan at this time? That makes a helluva lot more sense than saying they are the same right now. None of the 2010 teams were in the disarray UT is at the 3rd game. Michigan's only similar loss was to us in the Gator Bowl, so it's already too late for UT to be compared to them. UF lost to ranked teams, and lost 2 games by a total of 7 points. UGA lost 6 of their 7 losses by a total of 39 points. 4 of their 6 regular season losses were by 1 TD or less. The CUSA team that beat them was a solid, ranked UCF in their bowl game, so let's not pretend UT's 2 defeats this year are somehow comparable, even if they manage to win a few later this year. And there's a better chance now of UT getting their ass whipped bad another 3-5 times this year.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 09-16-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Banned
    vCash

I've had 2014 circled for a long time -- but my confidence is at an all-time low right now...

2014 and 2015 will be the most talented MSU teams in our lifetimes most likely -- and all the personnel will fit -- ...

Me too

Unfortunately , it doesn't look like that talent will be able to compete with the Alabamas, LSUs and Floridas of the world.

vCash
    Some folks are trying way too damn hard to try and convince themselfves the bears suck. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMadDawg View Post
    Some folks are trying way too damn hard to try and convince themselfves the bears suck. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard.
    It's hilarious. It started out that "Ole Miss will start 1-6. No better than 2-5!" Now it's "They haven't beaten anyone! They cheat in recruiting!" So funny. Just accept the fact they are leaving us behind and let's figure out how to stop it.

vCash
    Yep. Not even arguing with blacklisted about it. He totally lost me when he tried to tell me that beating the dog shit out of Texas in Austin at night is no big deal. The hypocrisy is funny though.

vCash
    Wish I knew what inspired the change in attitude. Everyone was talking about last year was just a perfect storm with way their season ended and it wouldn't last. I posted in a few threads saying I thought they picked up a lot of momentum and were on the upswing, and then I was thoroughly raked through the coals by almost every poster on this board.

vCash
    Where did all you OM apologist come from, I thought I was on my own***

vCash
    Winning at Texas is a huge deal -- regardless of Texas being "down" or whatever...

There are a ton of similarities between Freeze's first 2 years and Mullen's first 2 years. A ton really.

I just wish we had parlayed it to the recruiting success that Freeze did...

vCash
    OM's offense keeps them in games (See LSU & A&M last yr), they will score on Bama and I think that game is fairly close...closer than last yr. Bama's defense isn't near as good as last few yrs.

vCash
    Yep. Not even arguing with blacklisted about it. He totally lost me when he tried to tell me that beating the dog shit out of Texas in Austin at night is no big deal. The hypocrisy is funny though.
    Now, since you can't win on the merits you're gonna claim I said shit I didn't. You sure you're not an Ole Miss alum?

What I actually said was Texas sucks this year and that it is wrong at this time to say that their win over over Texas is as good as our 2010 wins over UF, UGA & Michigan. Now that claim is so ridiculous I can't believe anyone would post it. Talk about a loss of credibility. Hell, there are even Ole Miss posters on other boards who realize how silly that is. But hey, we've got us an MSU fan here ready to drop to his knees for Hugh Freeze and the Black Bears.

I made a point about last year's MSU being the ONLY win they have against a D1 program with a winning record under Freeze, and you can't counter that in your rush to suck their collective cocks. How about this little jewel, starting with the 2010 season the only wins they have versus D1 teams with a winning record are us last year and Fresno State in 2010. That's it! Yes, they said it about us last year, and guess what, they were right! We had just 1. Wanna look at humbling/humiliating losses, well they've got about 15. So please, do wipe the jizz off your face & explain exactly why we should be as impressed with OM as you are?

C222, if you think the level of Texas suckage is not completely surprising, then you go ahead and gloat about me being wrong on the 2-5 start. I still believe they're about to hit the skids. The only thing that I'll have been wrong about is Texas. I'm fine with that, given their historic collapse.

As far as "trying hard to prove they are over-hyped", it's not hard at all. All one must do is look at their record and consider who they are beating and how. MSU fans should understand this better than most, given our experience last year. 7-0 and some of our fans were crowing and talking "NC contender". The more level-headed had concerns, allayed only by our belief that our coaches were just playing it conservative against the weaker teams so as not to show much to our upcoming opponents. We were wrong. We really were just that bad.

I might be tempted to acknowledge OM has passed us if we continued what we did last year, but it's already clear we haven't on defense, and there are finally signs that Mullen is going to make the necessary changes to our play-calling, and give Dak the opportunity to earn playing time. It really could be as simple as Dan learning that final lesson of "keeping the pedal to the metal" to get us back on track. I fully expect us to kick Ole Miss' ass this year. That's something you can legitimately quote me on.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 09-17-2013 at 10:09 AM.

vCash
    First of all -- **** you for painting me into this corner -- and making me take THIS stand in order to argue your ignorant ass thread.

Now, since you can't win on the merits you're gonna claim I said shit I didn't. You sure you're not an Ole Miss alum?
    Good one! Really got me there** Some of us just see the forest for the trees.

What I actually said was Texas sucks this year and that it is wrong at this time to say that their win over over Texas is as good as our 2010 wins over UF, UGA & Michigan. Now that claim is so ridiculous I can't believe anyone would post it. Talk about a loss of credibility. Hell, there are even Ole Miss posters on other boards who realize how silly that is. But hey, we've got us an MSU fan here ready to drop to his knees for Hugh Freeze and the Black Bears.
    Seriously, just shut the **** up. Your initial post was stupid as shit -- and everything you've said since has been as well. "A loss of credibility"? You've got to have it to lose it -- and you've got none. Keep grasping at straws though. The ONLY win we had in 2010 that you could argue as better than THIS OM Texas win was the Florida game. Sorry -- it's a fact.

But then again -- I guess you would tell me that Jackie's 2 wins over Texas weren't signature wins either -- since they eventually didn't go bowling those two years? Hypocrisy abounds.

I made a point about last year's MSU being the ONLY win they have against a D1 program with a winning record under Freeze, and you can't counter that in your rush to suck their collective cocks.How about this little jewel, starting with the 2010 season the only wins they have versus D1 teams with a winning record are us last year and Fresno State in 2010. That's it! Yes, they said it about us last year, and guess what, they were right! We had just 1. Wanna look at humbling/humiliating losses, well they've got about 15. So please, do wipe the jizz off your face & explain exactly why we should be as impressed with OM as you are?
    Keep being a moron. We know you won't let us down**

C222, if you think the level of Texas suckage is not completely surprising, then you go ahead and gloat about me being wrong on the 2-5 start. I still believe they're about to hit the skids. The only thing that I'll have been wrong about is Texas. I'm fine with that, given their historic collapse.
    You are blind.

As far as "trying hard to prove they are over-hyped", it's not hard at all. All one must do is look at their record and consider who they are beating and how. MSU fans should understand this better than most, given our experience last year. 7-0 and some of our fans were crowing and talking "NC contender". The more level-headed had concerns, allayed only by our belief that our coaches were just playing it conservative against the weaker teams so as not to show much to our upcoming opponents. We were wrong. We really were just that bad.
    And they SHOULD have beaten LSU, aTm, and Vandy LAST YEAR to finish 9-3. While you are "looking at records", some of us were actually watching games -- with the ability to adequately evaluate what we are seeing(all this -- prior to the big ass talent upgrade they got in recruiting this year).

I might be tempted to acknowledge OM has passed us if we continued what we did last year, but it's already clear we haven't on defense, and there are finally signs that Mullen is going to make the necessary changes to our play-calling, and give Dak the opportunity to earn playing time. It really could be as simple as Dan learning that final lesson of "keeping the pedal to the metal" to get us back on track. I fully expect us to kick Ole Miss' ass this year. That's something you can legitimately quote me on.
    And we all hope like hell you are right about this part.

vCash

I made a point about last year's MSU being the ONLY win they have against a D1 program with a winning record under Freeze, and you can't counter that in your rush to suck their collective cocks. How about this little jewel, starting with the 2010 season the only wins they have versus D1 teams with a winning record are us last year and Fresno State in 2010. That's it! Yes, they said it about us last year, and guess what, they were right! We had just 1. Wanna look at humbling/humiliating losses, well they've got about 15. So please, do wipe the jizz off your face & explain exactly why we should be as impressed with OM as you are?

Yeah, that Michigan team we beat was awesome.

Why are you going back to 2011? We are talking about ever since Freeze stepped on campus, they have kicked our ass in everything. Did you watch any of their games last year? Did you not see how much they improved? Like engie said, they were a few plays away from being 9-3. They parlayed that with a Top 10 class and are currently #9 in the country in recruiting. Now they are 3-0.

What will be your excuse when they finish 9-3 or 10-2 have another Top 10 class?

vCash
    engie, you're an ignorant, intolerant ****ing *****. The internet was a god-send for limp-wristed,. small dick pussies like you, cause you get to act all badass without the threat of getting your ass handed to you in person.

Nothing you have said, NOTHING competently counters any of the points I made. It's just you with your shrill, pathetic, name-calling rants thinking if you out-curse and out-insult someone, you'll win the debate. Maybe that impresses the other dumbshits, but everyone with half-a-brain can see you're all bark and no bite. Once again you're inadequate to the task of taking my points on intelligently.

"Shut the **** up!" "Keep being a moron" "stupid as shit" "You are blind" - engie's failed, childish attempt at countering. Your display of intellect is astounding***

Dude, you're a clown. Thanks for enticing me to stoop to your level again.

Anybody who claims a Texas team who has, in 3 games suffered 2 blowout losses to at best mediocre teams is as good today as UF, UGA & Michigan in 2010 is just beyond the reach of reason. It's almost funny how adamant you are about this point, considering how absolutely ridiculous it is. I doubt you'd even find a handful of Texas fans who would argue that absurd suggestion.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to get down in the pigsty of your brain on this thread. Every once in a while it does feel good to tell an ignoramus he is one, even if it does mean I have to go slumming to do it.

vCash
    ok boys....stop with the name-calling and argue with facts
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    engie, you're an ignorant, intolerant ****ing *****. The internet was a god-send for limp-wristed,. small dick pussies like you, cause you get to act all badass without the threat of getting your ass handed to you in person.

Nothing you have said, NOTHING competently counters any of the points I made. It's just you with your shrill, pathetic, name-calling rants thinking if you out-curse and out-insult someone, you'll win the debate. Maybe that impresses the other dumbshits, but everyone with half-a-brain can see you're all bark and no bite. Once again you're inadequate to the task of taking my points on intelligently.

"Shut the **** up!" "Keep being a moron" "stupid as shit" "You are blind" - engie's failed, childish attempt at countering. Your display of intellect is astounding***

Anybody who claims a Texas team who has, in 3 games suffered 2 blowout losses to at best mediocre teams is as good today as UF, UGA & Michigan in 2010 is just beyond the reach of reason. It's almost funny how adamant you are about this point, considering how absolutely ridiculous it is. I doubt you'd even find a handful of Texas fans who would argue that absurd suggestion.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to get down in the pigsty of your brain on this thread. Every once in a while it does feel good to tell an ignoramus he is one, even if it does mean I have to go slumming to do it.
    Ummm...yeah - this quote screams genius. Keep it up

vCash
    Lulz. You're the one talking shit behind a keyboard when everyone here thinks you are an idiot.

Nothing you have said, NOTHING competently counters any of the points I made.
    No counter needed to incoherent, stupidly spun bullshit.

It's just you with your shrill, pathetic, name-calling rants thinking if you out-curse and out-insult someone, you'll win the debate.
    Yet you are the one that started 100% of the personal bullshit.

Maybe that impresses the other dumbshits, but everyone with half-a-brain can see you're all bark and no bite.
    You are welcome to find out whenever your heart desires, bad ass...

Once again you're inadequate to the task of taking my points on intelligently.
    Intelligent points require intelligent responses. You haven't given me any of either.

Yet you are the one trying to start the e-fight and called my counterpoint moronic before the "*****, fellating Hugh Freeze" bullshit.

You are welcome.

Anybody who claims a Texas team who has, in 3 games suffered 2 blowout losses to at best mediocre teams is as good today as UF, UGA & Michigan in 2010 is just beyond the reach of reason.
    You just remember Texas worse and the other teams better than they were. No surprise. What's surprising is that you think it's idiotic and start namecalling when EVERYONE else refuses to follow your lead.

It's almost funny how adamant you are about this point, considering how absolutely ridiculous it is. I doubt you'd even find a handful of Texas fans who would argue that absurd suggestion.
    Blah, blah, blah...

Again, hilarious...

I know that it's unavoidable for you to be a moron -- but it would be great for you to try not also being a hypocrite for 5 minutes...
    Last edited by engie; 09-17-2013 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    And that will conclude this week's version of "Little Brother- where art thou???"
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is