Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are.....thoughts about the game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

We are.....thoughts about the game

Let's go ahead and get the bad stuff out if the way.

Our staff lost this game, no doubt. 3rd down conversions are what killed us in this one. And bad playcalling helped inflict it. Especially late in the game. But it can be fixed! Stop comparing this season to 09'. We have FAR better skill guys! We are also upgraded at QB. But if you don't fix the playcalling it won't matter. But I feel sure we will. People Dan isn't going any where right now. We are very invested in him and I actually think IF Dak plays from here in out we can still make a bowl game. Arkansas didn't look good at home Vs USM. But it will come down to the Egg Bowl.

Our fanbase is in disarray right now. Our players are talking about us in twitter and do you not think recruits see that too? Do you think they don't hear it? Guys had we made Bell's FG on our first drive & made the PAT we would've been in O.T. If we would've won the game would you have still been happy? There are some things we need to tighten up, yes. But good gracious! Our DBs showed they were very young & blew coverage at least 6 times. We face a real QB and the game might be a blow out! We just happened to get in the graces of the Lord on those plays. We only got caught 2 times out of 6. Our tackling wasn't good either. No one is saying anything about that?

The good. Our QB looked JUST like i thought he would. He just needs more time in practice getting reps. Guys we have found OUR guy! There is NO doubt now! He looked poised (for the most part) and never got rattled which is something that TR is VERY guilty of. The Relf-fense is back baby! I am super happy to see it! You should too.

He fires up the offensive line too. And they played pretty decent in the game. They didn't look like a below avg OL like they do because Dak fits their skill set & fits our scheme. Gotta give some love that way too.

Our WRs looked pretty good too. I notice Dak likes throwing to Morrow. And in the last 2 weeks Morrow has looked like the guy we thought he'd be. They just need more time.

Overall I'm not up or down about this game. I feel like we should've won the game but at the same time I saw some improvement from our players too. I want to see more Dak! I want to see Mullen build this season on who'll be here next year. I see us beating Troy, BG, UK, Ark & our season will come down to 1 game that we have AT HOME! And our fanbase we be stupid excited to have here. The ReBearSharks might blow out a Charmin soft Texas team. But let me tell you this they aren't as good as everybody thinks they are. RIGHT now they are slightly better than us, but we ARE getting better week to week. It should be clearly evident even to people who don't have a lot of football I.Q. Stop worrying about firing Dan and worry more about keeping these kids a good place to come home to!

vCash
    [QUOTE=Coach 57;51633]

The good. Our QB looked JUST like i thought he would. He just needs more time in practice getting reps. Guys we have found OUR guy! There is NO doubt now! He looked poised (for the most part) and never got rattled which is something that TR is VERY guilty of. The Relf-fense is back baby! I am super happy to see it! You should too.

QUOTE]

That's all fine and good, but Russell will be the starter next week and for the LSU game. Count on it. Next year can't get here soon enough!

vCash
    How can the play calling get fixed whey you have the same staff in place? They continue to make poor decisions game after game, I see nothing that leads me to believe they have the IQ to fix it.

vCash
    I agree with your synopsis coach and if it turns out Auburn wins 8 games and OSU goes undefeated all of this bitching will look really stupid. I do have to say I am sick of all of the bitching from the fanbase on all of the message boards myself. Last night I was guilty of it too out of frustration on how we lost. If the players are starting to talk about it, we need to stop bitching I think. Lets just let this season play out. We are still a pretty young team in spots where it counts. I think we can go 6-6 if we play Dak. If this happens, I also think we have a chance to get to 9-10 wins next year due to schedule. Lets just watch the rest of the season and cheer on our Dogs! Go State!

vCash
    @MetEdDawg- couldn't agree more with what you said. It should be painfully evident Dak SHOULD be our QB.

vCash
    Concerning the Ok St game. I'm curious, why are you guys SO mad? Most of you guys had us losing the game anyway? Are you upset because we lost after you saw we ACTUALLY had a chance because of how well our defense slowed then down? Our are you mad be cause we lost? Sometimes I just don't understand our fanbase.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 57 View Post
    Concerning the Ok St game. I'm curious, why are you guys SO mad? Most of you guys had us losing the game anyway? Are you upset because we lost after you saw we ACTUALLY had a chance because of how well our defense slowed then down? Our are you mad be cause we lost? Sometimes I just don't understand our fanbase.
    Well I'm mad that we clearly played the wrong QB. After an ENTIRE OFFSEASON that could have gone to prepping the right QB in the right offense. I'm mad that we made no adjustments to the offense that was horrible last year. I'm mad that our AD apologized and that the pussification of that manifests itself in our head coach when crunch time rolls around. I'm mad that we never have the ability to play good on offense and defense in the same damn game outside of the damn SWAC games! I'm mad that our coach has no fire in his belly. Im mad that we eliminate hype and energy at home because of local commercials. I'm mad that DNF has no major renovations planned. I'm mad that our compliance department sucks.

When does fall baseball practice start? Looking forward to a scrimmage.

vCash
    Beautiful post. Spot on. It doesn't make sense to fund millions of dollars into football if you are going to make excuses on twitter and not demand better. Cohen got tossed out of a game a few years ago and drove to Meridian to recruit Corey Dickerson. Mullen doesn't like to recruit. You tell me which one has more drive.

[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Well I'm mad that we clearly played the wrong QB. After an ENTIRE OFFSEASON that could have gone to prepping the right QB in the right offense. I'm mad that we made no adjustments to the offense that was horrible last year. I'm mad that our AD apologized and that the pussification of that manifests itself in our head coach when crunch time rolls around. I'm mad that we never have the ability to play good on offense and defense in the same damn game outside of the damn SWAC games! I'm mad that our coach has no fire in his belly. Im mad that we eliminate hype and energy at home because of local commercials. I'm mad that DNF has no major renovations planned. I'm mad that our compliance department sucks.

When does fall baseball practice start? Looking forward to a scrimmage.

vCash
    Miss St lost that game for one simple reason. Not being able to close out the game at the end. The play calling may have been a lil suspect but we dont know if Dak changed the play at the line. The execution of the plays was not good. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO EXECUTE IN ORDER TO CLOSE A GAME! They flat out did not! We had bad reads, dropped passes and funny play calling. EXECUTION is the key to winning close games.
    Also, IMO... He needs to pass more with his running QB. you cant just run, run, run with your QB. Esablish the PASS 1st! Then run the QB off of that.

vCash
    I think we wore out dak and that's the reason he started losing accuracy in the 4th. Remember he's coming off an injury that kept him from getting in great playing shape. There's no doubt in my mind he was gassed at the end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachcamp View Post
    Miss St lost that game for one simple reason. Not being able to close out the game at the end. The play calling may have been a lil suspect but we dont know if Dak changed the play at the line. The execution of the plays was not good. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO EXECUTE IN ORDER TO CLOSE A GAME! They flat out did not! We had bad reads, dropped passes and funny play calling. EXECUTION is the key to winning close games.
    Also, IMO... He needs to pass more with his running QB. you cant just run, run, run with your QB. Esablish the PASS 1st! Then run the QB off of that.
    That is pretty much what I saw. Down the stretch, I think Dak made bad reads and/or wanted to run the ball every play. Trying too hard to be a hero. I also think what looks like bad play calling could be Dak making bad calls at the line.

I give Dak a pass because 1) he is in his first SEC start, and 2) he showed he can play.

That defense failed at gut check time. That's on the players and it is also on Collins for getting so conservative on the last drive. I have to remember that it was also Collins first SEC start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachcamp View Post
    that's about it in a nutshell. We've admitted to ourselves that we're going to be one dimensional even when they load the box. We can't do that. Whether its play calling or Dak checking into runs is irrelevant IMO. We don't have confidence in our passing game with Dak in. That's the bottom line and why I think TR must finish out this season.

vCash
    Fall scrimmages start Friday October 4th. Will be there. Come see me at box 13.

Darryl Berryhill
    Class of 1963/65
    Box 13 DNF/PDS
    berr6728@bellsouth.net
    1-225-205-1499

vCash
    I'm mad about the OK State game, because if Dak started and played that entire game, we would've won.

And if he was named starter in the right time frame, he would've got 1st team snaps through practices this fall. He would've been much further along in his development and had another 50 snaps under his belt prior to Auburn. And that would've lead us to beat Auburn too.

So pretty much, Dan's insistence to play Tyler Russell had directly caused us to lose 2 games in my opinion.

vCash
    Agreed . It's alarming that he hasn't seen that Prescott gives us the best opportunity to win. It's decisions like that that have made me lose a lot of confidence in Mullen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    I'm mad about the OK State game, because if Dak started and played that entire game, we would've won.

And if he was named starter in the right time frame, he would've got 1st team snaps through practices this fall. He would've been much further along in his development and had another 50 snaps under his belt prior to Auburn. And that would've lead us to beat Auburn too.

So pretty much, Dan's insistence to play Tyler Russell had directly caused us to lose 2 games in my opinion.
    UM Dak DID get 1st team reps all week. Tyler was not allowed to participate in "contact" related scenarios. That actually means practice.....not just games. I agree Dak could've given us better opportunities not only in the Ok St game bit he could've won the NW game had Dan pulled Tyler in it.

vCash
    UM Dak DID get 1st team reps all week. Tyler was not allowed to participate in "contact" related scenarios. That actually means practice.....not just games. I agree Dak could've given us better opportunities not only in the Ok St game bit he could've won the NW game had Dan pulled Tyler in it.
    I'm not talking about 1st team reps the week of the game. I'm talking about first teams reps since August 1st. If Dak has been running read options with great repetition since August 1st, all of us talking about him making the wrong read would not have anything to complain about.

Mullen had a terrible, terrible offseason.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

I'm mad because we played someone good and had a chance to win and didn't

because of coaching imo. Like this game, we didn't seem to want to win, we more wanted to not lose too badly. It's easy to understand why our coaches have this attitude though...hell more than half our fanbase has the attitiude that there is no way we should beat Ok State even after they saw the game, so what is the big deal. Their thought is we had no business scheduling them. So I guess we can agree with them and not be upset as we should just expect to lose. After all, we are Miss State...how the hell should we expect to play wiht the likes of Ok State and Auburn on the road?*** Come on people let's be "realisitic"!!

All Miss State fans used to have the "poor little ole Miss state" attitude, but Jackie killed that for a large part of us. Sadly, it is back in a good portion of our fanbase. I assume most of them were not here or don't rememebr Jackie and those teams.

Anyway...

We can give pass after pass after pass to our coaches. But the fact is the fact. At some point we have to beat teams we have a chance to beat. Look at our last 8 games...that will probalbly tell you why some are mad.

At some point you have to win.

vCash
    @Bossdawg- as I said my biggest issue is adjustments. We were running similar plays but the difference was that Auburn made adjustments defensively. We never countered their adjustments. That is a bigger concern.

vCash

I'm definitely pumped about how Dak controls things.

He made 1 questionable throw last night on the sideline and that's really it. Not sure on whether or not he made incorrect reads on a few plays in the 2nd half or if he was told what his 1st read would be and that was the problem. Either way, I still like almost everything Dak did. He ran hard, he threw well, and he's just got that confident, active personality you want from the guy commanding your offense on the field. He's going to be a really good one, and I'm with most on here, 2014 has the potential to be a really good year.

The Dak experiment should pretty much be over for those still in doubt. If you combine a missed FG with shitty playcalling from the Auburn 50 after two turnovers, Dak was in position to drop 30-40 points on Auburn last night. He can sling it. Still has to tighten up his accuracy a little, but at least he gives the WRs a chance to catch the football on 85-90% of his throws. He's good people and we need to go with him from here on out. With Dak at the helm, at least our offense does a few things we thought it would do when we hired Mullen. Still have a shot to get a signature win with Dak if we can open up the playbook more and quit playing so conservative.