Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is wayyy too much talk of Mullen leaving and Hud coming in

vCash
    Never in my life did I think I would agree with c34 on any thing but he is right. The problem is, as always the ones bitching the most are older alums. I have heard it myself. They can't stand DM because he is from the NE. Can't stand Ray because he replaced Stans. Can't stand Cohen because he cusses. Never ends with our fan base. I will be 50 soon and it pisses me off how how elder statesmen act.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We would have to just implode ala Stands for Mullen to be out anytime soon. And we arent going to fire a football coach at State that is going to bowl games- just not going to happen.

Then you have recent quotes by Strick in an ESPN article:

"?Well, that is silly because he?s not on the hot seat,? Stricklin told ESPN.com Sunday night.

"Mullen isn?t even in a hot room"

There will be more stumbles along the way, but Stricklin truly sees a program built for long-term success under Mullen.

?You don?t see a lot of Johnny-come-latelys having great success at a high level in this league,? he said. ?It?s the schools that are there year after year after year, and that?s what we want to be.?

I personally think we have Mullen another 5 years or so....Hud will already have left ULL and moved to a better job, making it dicey as to where he would return to S'ville or not.
    Agreed. Lets say Mullen is hear another five years. That would be what?...nine years here for Mullen? If Mullen is here another five years, there would be no reason for us to complain about him still being here.

vCash
    Nox, I agree completely with you and Coach. I feel great about our current coaching staff....the best overall since I started at state in 1963.